Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sephora Play! October 2017 Review - Complexion Companions

Yea! My Sephora Play! subscription box has arrived for the month of October, and since this is my favorite month of the year and one of my favorite subscription boxes, I can’t wait to see what is inside. Sephora Play! is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers six sample size products ranging from hair, makeup, skincare, nails, and one of the items is always a perfume. Everything comes packed up in a drawstring bag designed for the theme for only $10. The boxes normally have a value over $40, so not only are you going to receive products to sample, but you’ll also get a great value. I love the brands and products delivered in this box, and that you can purchase everything you love at Sephora, which makes this one of my favorite boxes of all time.



This month’s theme is “Complexion Companions.” This month’s products are all about starting your day with great skin and leaving your house with perfect complexion, with or without the help of makeup. This month’s theme was made for me. My best asset is my complexion, so I am always making sure I treat my skin with the best products. Also, I’ve been on the search for the best foundation. I hope this box delivers a great moisturizer for day or night and possibly a concealer or foundation that not only matches my complexion perfectly, but also blends well too. Let’s check everything out.




Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydracharged Prep Priming Spray

$32.00 - 4 oz    ($4.00 Value)

I never knew how much I needed a product like this until I received it in this subscription box, and I am in love! This priming spray helps visibly reduce pores, brightens skin, smooths, and hydrates. This is a great way to wake up your skin when it appears a bit too tired in the morning under your makeup, but it is light enough to use throughout the day, and it won’t messy up the makeup that has already been set. They suggest using this at night before your serum or moisturizer. This fine mist is working wonders on my skin, and I love how it smells too. This is a great product, and I am so happy I am able to try it in this box. Also, what a great way to start a complexion box.




Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in Y245

$43.00 - 1.01 oz    ($6.81 Value)

I have been hoping to find a great foundation from one of my subscription boxes, especially one that actually works with my complexion, and this one is amazing. While I didn’t know this before, this foundation is a fan favorite, because it leaves perfect coverage that lasts. I have a hard time finding a foundation that doesn’t leave a thick layer on my face, but also looks natural and matches my skin tone. This checks all of the above. I’ve been mixing this with my day moisturizer for the most natural and complete coverage. My skin has never looked better, and with this foundation, I feel like I instantly look 5 years younger. I am in love with this product, but I am definitely going to try to make this last, because the full size product is just a little too expensive for me. Maybe, just maybe, I will splurge on the full size product.





BareMinerals Mineral Veil

$23.00 - 0.3 oz    ($2.30 Value)

This weightless setting powder is like nothing else you’ve ever tried. It is made with sheer minerals that help blur and minimize fine lines and pores which leaves skin soft to the touch and appearance. It does all this while soaking up oil and setting your makeup. I really like how light this powder is. It does so much without feeling like you have even added an extra layer. It also makes my face feel soft like satin, and this makes my skin look great without makeup underneath. It is such a quick way to make a major improvement. This is a great product, and again, I am so happy to receive this sample. The jar is small, but it should be enough to last quite a few weeks. You really don’t need much each day.





Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum

$85.00 - 1 oz    ($14.45 Value)

Ohhh! I am always excited to receive a Sunday Riley product. Everyone speaks rave reviews, but I really can’t afford their prices, so these samples are the best way to try them out. This serum is fast absorbing and will help fight the look of dullness, dark spots, and discoloration. It will help brighten as well giving your skin radiance and luminosity. I usually wear serums at night, but I quickly discovered this is best for the day, as it acts more like an illuminator than a reparative serum. I don’t have any for daytime use, so this is new and fun. Also, I notice that it helps hide my pink skin, so I can wear less makeup. Also, it didn’t flake off or crumble with added layers of moisturizer or foundation. This is a nice product, but I don’t think I like it enough to pay that price.




Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Scrub

$58.00 - 2 oz    ($7.25 Value)

I am very familiar with this scrub, as I’ve received many samples and full size bottles in the past, so this isn’t a new discovery for me, but it is something I am excited to have more in my possession. This scrub by Dr. Brandt is another fan favorite, because it cleans deep into your pores like nothing else, and it leaves your skin renewed and refreshed. The scrubbing beads are a little rough, so you can keep this to your T-Zone if you have sensitive skin, but I like to use this all over. This tube isn’t small either, and I will be able to get quite a few uses out of it. That is great, because I don’t ever want to pay full price.




Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum

$72.00 - 1 oz    ($3.60 Value)

While I know many subscribers aren’t fans of the perfume sample, I love them! I really enjoy trying out different scents, which is hard to do in the store, and I love switching them up by my mood, the weather, or the event. These samples allow me to switch up my scent every single day if I wished. This floral scent is made with notes of Rangoon Creeper, Jasmine Bud, and Tuberose. It is really sweet, yet light, so it doesn’t overpower. I am not usually into florals (woodsy and citrus are my go tos), but this one isn’t too bad. I will say, it isn’t on trend with the season, and I would have enjoyed a spicier or darker scent for October, but I can easily put this aside for spring. I can see myself wearing this to break those winter blues or to the many bridal and baby showers coming up in the next year.




Overall, this box was amazing. I’ve never been so happy with so many of the samples, and I really loved everything. Really, only the perfume was a little off base. That priming spray is so amazing, and I have been using it every single day since I’ve received it. The foundation is possibly my second favorite item from this box. I love how it looks flawless on my skin. The mineral veil and serum are both great as well, but I don’t think I will be tempted to repurchase either of those products. I am really happy to receive another scrub too. The perfume is nice too, but I won’t be wearing it until Spring. This month’s box has a value of $38.41. That is pretty good, but not amazing for Sephora. I will take it, though, because this is my favorite box of all time.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It has quickly become one of my favorite subscription boxes and I am sure you will love it as much as I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment