Saturday, November 25, 2017

BarkBox September 2017 Review - Bark University

Yea! My dog’s BarkBox has arrived for the month of September, and even though this is a subscription box solely for my dog, I love checking out the cute toys and fun treats delivered to him, and I also love gifting them to him. BarkBox is a monthly subscription box filled with dog toys and treats curated around a monthly theme for your dog’s particular size. This box starts at $29 a month, but is much more affordable at longer subscription lengths. I am tied into a rate of $21 a month as long as I don’t unsubscribe. I am always impressed with the fun themes, the heavy duty toys, and the healthy treats, which makes it the best dog subscription box on the market.


This month’s theme is Bark University. It is time to go back to school, and while that may or may not include your dog, this box will help them experience the college life without having to go to class. I really like this theme, because college was the best time of my life, and I think it is a lot of fun to relive it a little with my dog. Since it is college, I am expecting some toys shaped like solo cups or after Greek life. I believe last September was all about grade school, and we’ve moved on from that, so higher learning, here we come!




$6.00 - 5 oz

I had a feeling there would be some items with the Greek life, and the packaging for these lamb strips is just too cute. My dog loves all treats, but jerky strips are his absolute favorite. I love giving these to him when he deserves more than just a one chomp treat, or I want to keep him occupied for a few minutes. I love that these are made with natural ingredients, so I won’t feel guilty giving these to him, and they won’t give him an upset stomach. Since he love these so much, we don’t have any on supply at the moment, so these will be going straight into the treat jar.




$12.00

Rad Chad is such a hoot, and I love that BarkBox is poking fun at your typical college frat boy. I honestly think I knew this person back at school. Other than the funny and cute design, this toy is my dog’s favorite type. He loves the firm stuffed toys, especially when they have a squeak inside, because they are perfect for tossing, tugging, shaking, or cuddling. Most of his favorite toys are this shape and size, so I know he is going to be adding Rad Chad to the mix. I will personally be getting a laugh from this toy every time he brings it to me.




$8.00 - 5 oz

Nothing screams college as much as unhealthy, cheesy snacks, and this packaging and treat reminds me exactly of the cheese puffs I used to eat. Since the human version is so unhealthy, I was worried that these would follow suite, but these are packed full of nutrients. My dog isn’t the biggest fan of these crunchy and puffy treats, but he will still eat them up, especially when he knows he is getting one. I love the design of these, and again I got quite a good laugh out of this item. Plus, I love that BarkBox delivers a good assortment. They are just nailing it this month.




$10.00

LOL! Again, BarkBox is just killing it in the cuteness and funniness game this month. This solo cup with squeaky, soft ping pong balls are a great toy to keep your dog’s brain healthy by having to dig these out, and they are really fun throwing them around the room as well. I can picture my fur baby and I having a dog’s version game of beer pong (without the beer and a lot more chasing, or course). I really couldn’t see him playing with this on his own, but I think it is really important to spend good quality time together, and this toy will help do the trick. I am in love with this item, and I can’t wait to get in some playtime myself.




$4.00 - 1.4 oz

BarkBox always includes a larger, one use treat in their boxes, which I absolutely love. These are always too expensive to purchase in the store, especially for something he will only enjoy for a few minutes, so I love receiving them here at a discounted price. These are some more jerky treats (BarkBox is usually a lot better at mixing it up), but these are different than the earlier treats, and since he loves them so much, I really don’t mind. I like to give him these treats when it is my relax time, and he isn’t feeling the same way. It is a great treat to give him when you sit down to a movie or have friends over too. Love!



Overall, this box is wonderful. The only real low point of the box is the crunch, air treats, but my dog will still eat them, so they aren’t really a bust at all. I am in love with both of these toys, and I will get a good chuckle from them every time we play with them together. The treats weren’t the best variety, but he got two packs of jerky treats, and since they are his favorite, it is all good. This month’s box has a value of $40. I paid $21, so that is almost double what I paid. I wouldn’t be able to get all of these items at the store for that price, so I am happy. The holiday boxes are coming up, which makes us both happy! Can’t wait!


If you would like to try BarkBox for yourself, just click here. It is my all-time favorite pet box, and I know you will love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment