Monday, September 5, 2016

Birchbox August 2016 Review - Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Yeah! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of August, and I can't wait to see what is in store for me. Birchbox is a monthly subscription that delivers five or more samples and sometimes full size items to your door for only $10 a month. They chose items that are fit for your profile in areas such as skin care, nail care, hair care, and makeup. Also, they deliver the best of the best, so you really get to discover so many new brands and products that easily become some of your favorites. 


This month's theme is Can't Stop, Won't Stop. Summer is almost over, and we want to get every singe last drop out of it, so these products are designed to not weigh you down, but to also quickly get you out that door into that summer sun. I am always looking for products that will speed up my beauty routine, because I have so little time in the day, I'd rather use it to relax and unwind. This is a great theme for August, and I can't wait to see these products and how well they relate to the theme. I am hoping for some multi-use products and possibly some after sun serums. 



Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray


$39.00 - 8.5 fl oz    ($4.59 Value)

First of all, I absolutely love this brand. It is so high end, and all the products I've used from their line work great and smell better. I am always looking to give my hair some extra texture and volume, but also, I love the look of my hair after a day at the beach. Those natural, sea salt waves look amazing, but it is so hard to achieve at home. This beach wave spray does do a great job of creating and holding waves in my hair, but they aren't as luscious as I hoped. That is pretty typical with my hair, because it wants to stay pin straight, so even some waves are pretty amazing. I really enjoy this product, but I won't be purchasing the full size product, because it is just too expensive. I'd prefer cheaper brand that may not work as well. 




$28.00 - 2.2 oz    ($3.18 Value)

This is something that I've never tried, let alone heard of before. I use dry shampoo at least twice a week, if not more, so this is something I will definitely use, and really excited to try. I've used the powder and the spray, but paste is completely new to me. To use, just grab a dab, rub between your fingers, and manage into your scalp. I will say this was a little more difficult to use and spread across your entire head, but it does work well. It not only sucks up oil and refreshes my roots, but it also gives my hair some lift and texture. I am not sure if I would purchase this again, because it takes longer to use, but I do like the product. I guess I will use this up and see how I feel. 



Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel

$26.00 - 1.7 oz    ($3.67 Value)

Any product that will help with my complexion is a winner in my book, so this may already be perfect for me. It is made with green tea, cucumber extracts, vitamin C, and vitamin E, which promises to moisturize, nourish, and protect skin from pollutants. I am not really looking to moisturize my skin during these hot and humid summer days, but I do think that pollutants have been damaging my skin and leaving it looking less refreshed and acne prone. This gel-like formula is super light and is perfect to apply during the summer when you don't want to add much to your face. Also, it does hydrate really well, and I also hope it does help product against those city toxins. This is the perfect summer face moisturizer. 



Avene Micellar Lotion

$20.00 - 6.7 oz    ($2.39 Value)

I am all about products that simplify my beauty routine, because I don't usually have the time or energy to give my face all the love and attention it deserves. This micellar lotion from Avene is a cleanser, toner, make-up remover, and moisturizer. It also helps soften skin, so it technically is a five-in-one product. That means I can use this one step system at night to do everything that I would use at least three to do. This will be perfect for late nights at the bar or a hard day at work when I just want to crawl into pajamas and relax. This does work really well, but it doesn't leave my face feeling as clean as I like. I will definitely use this entire bottle before possibly purchasing more. 



Manna Kadar Cosmetics Fantasy 3-in-1 Blush Highlighter Eyeshadow

$19.00    ($6.33 Value)

Here is another product that has multiple uses, so it could be perfect for travel, help shrink your makeup bag, or quicken up your beauty routine. This powder compact from Manna Kadar can be used as a blush, highlighter, or eyeshadow. It is a little dark for a highlighter for my complexion, and it doesn't have much if any red to be used as a blush, but I could use this as a bronzer. I really like this color, and it has great pigmentation. Also, even though this technically isn't a full size product, it is a deluxe sample size, and it will last me forever. I really like this beauty product, and I am always looking to freshen my face with some bronze colors during the summer, so this is perfect for me. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. It isn't the best box I've ever received from Birchbox, but they nail it so often, that would be difficult to achieve after some amazing boxes in the past. I am in love with the beach wave spray and micellar lotion. The dry shampoo paste was really fun to try and it works really well, and both the hydrating gel and eyeshadow/bronzer will definitely go to great use. There is honestly not a single product that I won't use up. This month's box has a value of $20.16. That isn't that great, but because I love everything so much it is well worth if for me. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for youserlf, just click here. It is a great way to try out new brands and products at an affordable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment