Sunday, September 11, 2016

PopSugar Must Have August 2016 Review

Yeah! My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of August, and pretty early too. This subscription box delivers the most trendy and coolest products in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 a month, and always has a value of $100. I've found some great discoveries in this box, and I hope this box has more in store for me this month. I am not usually a fan of summer boxes, but maybe this one will surprise me since it is so close to fall. I can't wait to see what is inside. 


PopSugar doesn't exactly have a monthly theme, but instead they have words of inspiration. This month's inspirations are Motivation, Organization, Order, Fresh, Transition, and Back-to-school. If I could create a box on my own, I would use these exact words except back-to-school, as I am not longer a student. I love fresh starts and organization, which I always associate with fall, so I feel this box is already going to be amazing. Also, I am intrigued with motivation. We haven't seen a fitness item since the yoga mat, so I am hoping for something that will get me off my butt and excited to work out again. 



Cargo Cosmetics Powder Blush in The Big Easy

$26.00 - 0.31 oz

OMG! I am really excited about this beauty product. First of all, I love Cargo. I’ve received so many of their samples in the past that are really full size items to me, but not when look at the size of this product. That brings me to number two, this case is huge. I seriously could wear this blush every day for the rest of my life and never run out. Third, this color is so beautiful. The light pink with a touch or orange would look great on every skin tone, including mine. Everything about this brand is great. Their colors are beautiful and on trend, their packaging is so cute and industrial (This could ride around in my makeup bag with no worries of opening or breaking), and the pigmentation is perfect. It is that medium amount of color that can build up or leave sheer for a more simplified look. This pink is the perfect color to bring us into fall from summer, and I will be wearing it all the way to spring. Such a great product. I am really impressed.




$ 3.99 - 6 oz

The first thing I noticed about this product is the size. This is a full, larger than a bag of potato chips, bag of popcorn, which also takes up most the space of this month’s PopSugar box. That is a little bit of a bummer that the food product is the largest item, but I guess I understand why. The size really is a blessing in disguise, though, because these are so delicious. I love both popcorn and cookies & cream, but I never thought to put them together. Someone knew what they were doing, because these are amazing. The sweet works so well with the salty popcorn, and the chocolate adds just the right amount of bitter. This is a bag of desert, but I really don’t love eating so much sugar. I am waiting for PopSugar to start sending out some healthier products. Why always sweets? I will be happy to eat this entire bag in the meantime, though. 




$5.99

When I saw the themes for this month, I was really excited about the organization, order, and fresh inspirations the most, but I am just not too excited about this product. While this is something really cute and fun, I am not really into these. I do appreciate how they go with the theme, and they feel perfect for back to school. Also they would be really convenient if you can keep them clean and you do wipe your screen often for smudges. That being said, I think that if I were to stick these on the backside of my phone, they would get really dirty really fast. I put my phone down on tables, throw it in my messy purse, and even on bathroom sinks. Plus, when I do want to wipe my screen, I do it with antibacterial wipes that also clear it from smudges. Also, these designs aren’t really my style and would definitely not go with my phone case. I hate to not like this product, because they are pretty cute, but unfortunately, this product just isn’t for me.




$26.00

These kind of items is why I love PopSugar so freaking much. This bag is not only great quality and really cute, but it is also super handy and usable. I think this would be a great bag for your lap top, books, or any back to school purpose. If you aren’t a student, this would be a great as a carry on, to bring with you to game day, or even to the coffee shop for those pumpkin spiced lattes and a book. This cheetah print isn’t my favorite, and wouldn’t really be my go to, but I do like it a lot, and I think it’s a great pattern for fall. The choices of straps are great too, as they allow you to hold it closer or farther as is comfortable. I think I will use this now as a carry all when I leave the house, but I think this will also be great for trips to the park with my dog as well. I now want this in every color.




$30.00

I think this is another item that every single person could use, as it is universal, and everyone is running digital devices these days. I actually already have a charger like this, but I call it “the brick” for good reason, so I only carry it with me to events or for travel. While this isn’t exactly light for its size, it is much smaller than the one I have, and it is pretty cute too. I wouldn’t mind carry this around with me everywhere. And boy does it work. It charged my iphone just as fast as the wall charger would, and it was so nice to have backup during a fun day festival where I was using a lot of battery for social media. I am really smitten with this product, but it is kind of a bummer I spent so much on the previous “brick,” but now I have two!




$13.00

Once again, I am pretty impressed with this product. It goes along with the theme perfectly, and this can be used at your school/dorm, in the office, or even at home. The booklet itself is super pretty, and would look great in your purse or on the counter. Also, the post it colors are really fun and modern. No more pastel, boring colors for me. I do think that this may be too pretty to use though. I am the kind of person that wants to keep nice things nice, so I am afraid I won’t use this as much as I’d like, but I try to break that wall. Since the post it’s I get from work are free, I think I will keep this in my purse for fun notes to friends or maybe little reminders for grocery lists. If only I kept some of my gel pens from the early 2000's to use on the black post it. 


Overall, I am mostly happy with this box. I love that bag, and I think it is the perfect color for fall. That blush is from one of my favorite brands and is such a beautiful color. The post-it notes are fun, and that charger will come in handy, but it's a bummer that I already own one. The popcorn is good, but I am always looking for healthier options. Those screen wipes aren't for me, because I don't like the style or the product really. This month's box has a value of $104.98, which is actually pretty low for this box, but still great since I only spent $39.95 on this box. Fall is coming up next, and I usually love those boxes, so I can't wait to see what they have in store for me then. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stay on top of fashion, beauty, and pop culture for a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment