Monday, September 5, 2016

BoxyCharm August 2016 Review - Express Yourself

Yeah! My BoxyCharm box has arrived for the month of August, and I can’t wait to see what’s inside. Since August is all about the new school year and starting fresh, I hope there are beauty items to help me upgrade my look or possibly give me new ideas. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five or more) full size beauty products to your door for only $21 a box. They usually have a value over $100, which is insane to me, so it is well worth the cost of the box and always fun to check out new products. I love this time of year, so I can’t wait to see what is inside.

This month’s theme is Express Yourself. I am now singing that song in my head. It is all about showing off the real you rather it be a makeup loving contour expert, a dark makeup goth, the classic beauties, or even those natural faced girls. Whatever or whoever you are, it’s your time to be yourselves. I love this theme for this month, because like so many girls out there, I am ready for an update and a new start where I can be my true self. I am more of that natural faced/classic beauty type, but I love trying out new products that I can show off my makeup skills a little more and definitely be a lot more expressive with my makeup. Plus, all those emojis, super cute.



Aloette Aloepure Time Repair Anti-Wrinkle Serum 


$48.00 - 1 fl oz

First of all, the value of this product alone is double the cost of the box. That is crazy. Second, this item is absolutely perfect for me. I love face serums, and my face has definitely been showing its age over the last year. This serum will help smooth away dead skin and product it from damaging radicals all while helping stop all wrinkles. I’ve used it a few times, and I have to say, I already notice a slight difference in my skin. It is a little smoother and healthier looking than before. I don’t notice any big difference with my wrinkles, but that wasn’t truly expected, and I am guessing it is helping new ones from appearing. The scent of this serum is very light and beautiful. It feels like a spa day every time I rub this into my skin. I am so happy with this product, and this is worth the $21 alone spent on the box. I just don’t know how they do it. 




$27.00 - 13.5 ml 

This is the second mascara BoxyCharm has scent from this brand, and while the first one wasn't exactly my favorite since it wasn't my style, I have a feeling this one will be great. This promises to intensify your lashes with outrageous volume and length. Over the years, I’ve definitely noticed the difference between a basic mascara and one that actually creates volume and length, and this is one of those. I hate having to layer multiple mascaras to get the look I want, but this worked well enough I could use only this. Also, the packaging is so slick and beautiful, I love pulling this out of my makeup bag. I am really happy with this product, and it is yet another win for me this month. 




$19.00 - 1.4 g

I really like this brand, and this product is so great. This stick is actually an eye shadow that can be rolled up for more product and sharpened by their attached sharpener. This makes for the perfect, easy application. Also, the color is beautiful. The icy brown color with a little shimmer reminds me of an iced latte, and works perfectly with my skin color. Also, it is so simple to apply, and is also perfect for throwing in your bag for touchups. I will say, this does crease a little, and it takes a while to set, which means it could also smear. As long as you keep an eye on it throughout the night, you really have nothing to worry about. Plus, you’ll look amazing. 




$19.95

BoxyCharm is the best at delivering full size palettes and I get so excited when they arrive. This highlighter/blush/bronzer palette is everything you would ever need to give yourself a basic contour, but also to use separately if you only want to use one or two. I am not one to normally highlight my face, but I love bronzer and blush, so I know these will come in handy. Also, I could always use all three colors when the mood strikes, and since I normally want to spend extra time on beautifying, I am normally on the road, so this compact is perfect for travel as well. This also comes with a brush, which I don’t really love, and I have a much better one that I would use instead. But, it is a fun addition for those who will use it. Hell, I probably will too when I need a clean brush, and I haven’t been able to wash mine as often as I’d like.



$10.00 - 0.1 oz

Out of everything in this box, this is the item I am least excited about, but it is still amazing. This velvet matte liquid lipstick dries into a stay proof color that will wear all day. I love this red, and the matte is the best. I much prefer matte colors over shimmers and glosses. Even though this formula does feel like velvet when applying, it is unfortunately very drying, and the matte color shows off dry lips, which is basically all the time for me. Because of that, I tend to stay away from liquid lipstick all together. But, since this is the perfect red, I think I will have to make my lips suffer and wear this every once in a while. Also, this red is the perfect emjoi lip color.


Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. Everything from the express yourself theme to the mascara, serum, contour palette, and eyeshadow. It was all great. The only thing I didn’t love is the liquid lipstick, but that is solely because the formula isn’t for me, but I am sure a ton of BoxyCharmers loved it. I am going to get full use out of all these products, and I can see how they all relate the theme pretty well. This box has a value of $123.95, which is absolutely crazy for a $21 box. I don’t know how they do it. Seriously, no idea. I am so glad I started this subscription, and I don’t see myself cancelling anytime soon.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to explore new makeup brands and products at a very affordable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment