Monday, September 5, 2016

Ipsy Glambag August 2016 Review - Sugar Highness

Yeah, my Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of August, and I am pretty excited to see what goodies I have inside. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size beauty products in a themed makeup bag for only $10. They usually have a value close to $50, so you really get your monies worth. Also, they do a really good job of collecting brands that are both classics and ones I’ve never heard of. They tend to be really makeup heavy, which I don’t love, since I try for a more classic look, but once in a while I get a bag full of products that I absolutely love, so I keep holding on. 


This month’s theme is Sugar Highness. I really don’t like this theme all that much. If they are going to do a pastel or candy related theme, I think spring would be best. This bag is cute and different, but the style just isn’t for me. I could see a lot of girls really liking it, though. Already this bag has been a little bit of a bummer, but hopefully there is a lot more to offer inside. I’ve had a lot of let downs in the past, so I could be completely wrong. We will see.



Organic Surge Perfecting Face Polish

$9.20 - 75 ml    ($3.68 Value)

This is a strange mixture between a face moisturizer and scrub, but I'm loving all of the weirdness. To use this product, you rub it on your wet face in tiny circular motions and let the tiny scrubbing partials wear away dead skin and gets deep into pores to leave your skin extra clean. You then wipe away with a damp cloth and you’re done. With natural ingredients like rosemary and lemon, it purifies the skin, while chamomile and almond oil rehydrates. It is nice to use a product with ingredients that I can also eat, because then I know it is healthy for my skin. Also, I’ve heard a lot of these ingredients were great for your skin, so I am excited to try them all in one product. Within one use, I could feel this working with little tingles, and it left my skin so smooth and brighter than ever before. I am in love with this polish, and I know I will be using it weekly until this sample is gone.



$7.50 - 0.6 fl oz    ($5.38 Value)

This multifunctional illuminator can be used as a foundation base, on cheekbones, décolletage, and cupids bow for a natural looking radiance, or as a light catching bronzer. I love trying out new foundations, but this one definitely surprised me. It creates an instant glow, which worried me, because I didn’t want it to look anything like the afternoon grease sheen on my face, but it actually created more of a healthy glow. Also, if this is applied underneath powder, it balances out the mattifying effects of the top base, and leaves your skin looking gorgeous. I am really happy with this foundation, but I do have one complaint. This is just a little too dark for my skin tone, but they don’t really offer many colors, so this would be my only option. This is kind of a bummer, so I won’t be wearing this during those winter months, but for summer time, it does work well with my summer tan.




$22.00 - 0.229 oz    ($5.09 Value)

I often like to wear both blush and bronzer at the same time, but it is often too much makeup, and I don't love the look. This color is the perfect blend of a rosy blush and that golden bronze, and I could easily sweep this across my cheeks for a simple and healthy glow. Not only is the color perfect for this time of year, but I also think it would work great into fall when you still hold that summer tan, but rosey cheeks are more natural with that cool fall weather. I am really happy with this packaging as well. Sometimes I receive makeup samples, and they are so hard to use since the product is so small or the packaging is just inconvenient. This case has magnetic closure, so it is really easy to open and close, and I could easily throw this in my makeup bag with the rest of my products. I am really happy with this sample, and I would be interested to try out more products from this brand.



$15.00 - 3 masks    ($10.00 Value)

I am so excited to finally receive sheet masks in my Ipsy Glambag. I see other people receive them month after month, and it is finally my turn. These Korean masks are different than anything I've ever used, because they come with a two step process. First, you apply a serum across your entire face from a separate seal, then use the sheet mask for 10 to 20 minutes for moisturizing, soothing, and lifting effects. I am far deep into the Korean skin care craze, and I would die for a completion as perfect as theirs. I do apply at least five different products to my face everyday to clean, moisturize, and firm, but sometimes I just need a little boost. I used one of these sheet masks after a long weekend in the sum when I needed a little extra moisture and something to sooth that slightly raw skin. I was really impressed with how well these worked, and I noticed a huge difference with one use. These are so affordable too that I just may need to purchase more. Again, I am really happy with this product. 




$14.00 - 0.4 fl oz    (Full Size!)

First of all, I am once again bummed that Ipsy has sent me yet another nail polish. I clearly state in my profile that I wish to not receive them, since I rarely pain my nails, but they keep sending them to me. And they were finally doing so well this month. One good thing I can say about this product, it is a full size item, and it does add to the value of the box, but what's the use or point when I won't use it anyways. This pink polish with a hint of purple is definitely neon, summer bright, but now that we are rolling into fall, I really don’t need a color like this. Also, I prefer muted tones, so this really wouldn’t be something I would pick out of all my colors very quickly. I am not a fan of this product, but it is something that I could gift or pass along to a friend. Oh, well.

Overall, I am really happy with this month’s bag. It started slow with the theme and bag design, but I am in love with 3.5 of the products inside. That blush/bronzer is amazing, and I think it is the best transition makeup into fall. I am also a huge fan of the sheet masks and face polish. I will use those up fast. The foundation is beautiful, but the shade isn’t perfect. The only item I didn’t care for is the nail polish, but I at least I am over the top with the rest. This month’s bag has a value of $38.15. This is actually on the lower side for Ipsy, but it is still great for a $10 bag. Ipsy does have those breakout bags for me every once in a while, which is why I keep the subscription going. I really hope that they can figure me out soon, though. I’ve been with them for over two years!


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to discover new makeup products and brands at a very reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment