Sunday, September 25, 2016

PopSugar Must Have September 2016 Review

Yeah! My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of September, and pretty early too. This subscription box delivers the most trendy and coolest products in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 a month, and always has a value of $100. I've found some great discoveries in this box, and I hope this box has more in store for me this month. Fall is finally here, and I look forward to these season's boxes more than anything other time of the year so I can't wait to see what is inside.



This subscription doesn't exactly have a theme, but instead words of inspiration. This month's inspirational words are Glamorous, Eye-catching, Indulgent, Bold, Timeless, Sartorial. This box sounds so fun to me. It mentions timeless and sartorial, so I am expecting classic pieces like red lipstick or a pearl necklace. It also says glamorous, eye-catching, and bold, so I think there might be a fashion item that is both trending but also probably a little brave to wear. I have a feeling the indulgent item is chocolate, and all I really want is something healthy. I guess we will see. 





Jack & Lucy Bicoastal Wide Brim Hat

$58.00

I feel like I could have predicted something this great, fashionable, and bold from those inspirational words, but I just didn't expect to find this hat in this month's box. I've never purchased a hat like this before, even though I find them really cute and fashionable, because I didn't think I could pull it off, but now that I have one, I will have to try it out. This hat is really cute, and perfect for fall. It is a great way to cover up that second day hair, but also stay sheik and cool. I think this will be my go to weekend hat all fall. Also, it stays sunny here until November, so this will also protect me and my hair from those damaging rays. I am really excited about this product, and I can't wait for the perfect occasion to wear such a piece. PopSugar, you did it again. 




$16.00

This is something that I would have expected from the last box, as organization was one of their biggest themes, but this is still very cute and handy. The compact itself seems to be very high quality and will hold up well in a purse or travel bag. Also, there are more tools inside this kit than I am used to using, so not only is this very convenient, but it will also come in handy when I want to give myself the most perfect manicure. I am not sure how this goes with the theme, except maybe being a classic product, but it is very practical and will help me look put together, even on the run.





$36.00 - 8 oz

I have actually received a sample of this product before in the past, and I was very sad to use up the last little glop, because I loved it so much, so I am really happy to own the full size tub. This deep conditioner not only smells great, but it works really well too. Also, this tub is huge, and I don’t really have to use all the much, so this will last me forever. It did leave my hair just a little greasier than normal, so I would suggest only using this once a week for fine hair, but girls with dry or thick hair, I bet they could use this every other day. I am happy to have this, especially during these dry, cold months. What a great addition this this box.




$9.99

At first, I wasn’t too thrilled about this product. I just didn’t know why Popsugar would add something so basic and boring in their monthly box, but even after one use, I understood the draw to this lint roller. Since it is retractable, it can literally be stored anywhere. This would be great for travel, for everyday use in your purse, or even in a drawer without picking up all the lint and dust and wasting a sheet. Also, this lint roller worked really well. It pulled everything off my shirt, including dog hair, and only took one sheet. This product will keep my looking dapper and sartorial for sure, so really, it is a great fit for this month’s box. I also already looked. Refills only cost $3 for 60 sheets. Not too bad.




$22.00 - 0.16 fl oz

I had a feeling we would be receiving red lipstick, because what is more classic than that. But this is more than just your classic red. It goes perfectly with the bold and glamour themes, because this color creates a trendy wet effect, but contains a dash of glitter to really get those lips popping. I have to say, this really isn’t my style. I much prefer the classic/matte red lipstick, and the glitter isn’t for me. I do like the formula, though, and it is ultra long lasting. The packaging is really cute too. At first, I thought it arrived damaged, but that is the style. This is a great addition to this month’s box, and it fits really well with the themes, but unfortunately is just isn’t for me.




$4.99 - 4 oz

I had a feeling there would be another chocolate product in this month’s box, and what do you know, here is yet again another chocolate food. I don’t really care for chocolate to begin with, but dark chocolate just isn’t for me. Also, I don’t like coconut as well. In other words, there really couldn’t be a worst product for me. My boyfriend, on the other hand, really enjoyed these, so that is nice. Also, I like that they are gluten free for anyone with allergies. But seriously, why can’t Popsugar just grant my wishes and deliver a healthy food item. Maybe next month. Fingers crossed.


Overall, I am really smitten with this box. Two of the products aren’t for me, but I can see a lot of girls really enjoying them, and it is just my taste, so I’d hate to discredit them from this box. I love the hat so much and plan on wearing it everywhere. Also, that deep conditioner is one of my favorites. The lint roller and nail kit will keep me looking my best all fall, too. The lip color is perfect for this theme, but just not my favorite, and unfortunately, I just don’t have a taste for the food item. This month’s box has a value of ??? That is amazing for a $40 box. PopSugar, this fall box rocked my socks, and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for me! October is right around the corner.


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself in the best of pop culture every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment