Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sephora Play! August 2016 Review - The Eye Openers

My Sephora Play! box has arrived for the month of August, and I am really excited to see what is in store for me this month. Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box that delivers samples of beauty products sold at Sephora. This reminds me of a cross between Target Beauty box and Birchbox, because it does deliver higher end products, but only items that can be bought in store. It only costs $10 a month, which is such a reasonable price, and delivers at least six samples, which is one more than your average box. I like Sephora, because I get to try out so many great products without spending money on the full size item before I know I love it. 


This month's theme is The Eye Openers. It is all about products that are more than meet the eye and will put all eyes on you. I think this is a cute theme, and I am looking forward to seeing what products work with this theme. I believe that this box will come with products that are more than what you'd expect. Like a multi use power, for example, or maybe a multi-use cream that is also all natural. I have a feeling there will be a few products that are used solely for your eyes as well, but I really don't want it to be a eye only box.


This subscription also comes with a cute carry all bag along with the products. These aren't the best quality, but they are really fun, and also really practical. I think these are great for organizing, travel, or gifting. That's good news, because I will get a new one every month. 




$55.00 - 1.69 oz    ($5.21 Value)

This product is really a do all miracle gel. It is not just your basic moisturizer, but it also helps with dullness and uneven texture with bounce and glow. I have a five step nice skincare routine at night, so being able to take a few of these steps away with this one product. I am also amazed at how well it worked. This fully moisturized my skin, but it also left it glowing and more beautiful than normal. The gel also feels nice and cooling during this late summer month. I am loving this product, and I can see why Sephora added it in this month's box, but unfortunately, I don't think I will be purchasing this product, because it is a little out of my price range. I will just enjoy the heck out of this sample instead. 




$62.00 - 0.5 oz    ($19.84 Value)

I had a feeling we would be receiving some eye products in this month's box, and this is a great addition. I use eye creams every single night, as I do have soft wrinkles and dark spots around that area. This balm promises to lift and smooth the areas around your eyes and mouth. I like that they include that in the description, because I would have never thought to use this around my mouth, even though I am noticing the same problems around there. I am really happy with this product, and even though it is a sample, I know that it will last a while, since i use so little each time. I can't wait to see the results. 






$21.00 - 0.07 oz    ($6.00 Value)

First of all, this shade is absolutely beautiful. It's a champagne pink with some soft shimmer and looks so wonderful against my skin color. Second, the pigmentation is perfect. It starts medium, but you can build it up or smudge it out for a more subtle look. Also, I know this is just a sample size, but this packaging is quite nice. It is easy to get to, and the snap seal makes it easy to travel with or throw in your makeup bag. I am a fan of this product, and I would love trying out other colors from the line. In the meantime, I will get full use out of this. 




$10.00 - 0.04 oz    ($4.25 Value)

I am not a fan of black eyeliner. I have my fair share, but the color is so harsh on my eyes, and I prefer much softer looks. This taupe is absolutely perfect for me. It's not as dark as black, but instead a grey slate, that both darkens and defines my eyes without looking goth. This eyeliner draws nicely without tugging, and stays put as well. I am really happy with this eyeliner, but since I don't use it that often, this sample will last me much longer than I could ask, so I will never have to purchase another. 




$22.00 - 0.4 oz    ($5.50 Value)

I've tried this mascara before, and boy do I love it. There are some mascara's that I keep coming back to, and this is definitely one of those. It makes my eyelashes full, long, and slightly curled for the perfect mascara look. Also, this sample to me is the perfect size. You are supposed to replace it every six months, and the larger tubes tend to need replacing before they run out. Also, this is great for travel, which I will be doing a lot of before the year is over. I am really excited to see this sample in this box, and will definitely open it up once my other mascara runs out. 




$90.00 - 3.4 oz    ($1.32 Value)

I have never really enjoyed the scent of any of the products from this brand, but that is because they are usually cotton and powdery. This perfume is actually not like any of their products I've smelled in the past. Instead of powdery cotton, this is more flowery and heavy with notes of rose, peony, jasmine, cedar wood, sandalwood, and musk. I really like the musk mixed with the flower, and it is the perfect blend for late summer. I am going to be wearing this to fun late summer events such as bomb fires, outdoor drinks, and drive-in movies. It is the perfect scent for the transition into fall. 


Overall, this is a great box. I love the mixture of both skincare and makeup products and even a scent. There isn't a single product that I don't like and won't use, which is really rare for me. Also, there are some high end products mixed in with much more affordable brands, so it does really appeal to every buyer. This month's box has a value of $42.12, which is amazing for a $10 box. Really though, I don't care much about value if I don't like the products, so since I love these, the value is another win. 


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself just click here. It is a great way to try out a ton of products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment