Sunday, September 25, 2016

Ipsy Glambag September 2016 Review - Glamazon

Yeah! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of September, and I am really excited to see what is inside. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five full size and sample size products to your door in a theme designed makeup bag for only $10. The value is usually three or four times greater than the cost, so it is really worth the money. I also think it's a great way to try out a ton of great brands and products for a very affordable price. Fall subscription boxes are always my favorite, so I have high hopes for the products inside. 


This month's theme is Glamazon. It quotes, "Too glam to give a damn." I don't really understand this theme, except these items will be glamorous. Ipsy doesn't really have the best themes, and they rarely go along with the products, but I do like that the makeup bag is designed for the theme. This makeup bag is pretty cute. I do like that it spells out Ipsy with the girl's arms, and the colors I guess are Amazonian. Personally, I think this tan and shimmer is perfect for fall, and this bag seems just a little more durable than others. Hopefully the items inside will still be winners.



IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara in Super Black

$24.00 - 0.304 fl oz    ($13.42 Value)

I am not exactly the biggest IT Cosmetics fan, but I do enjoy trying out different mascara brands and formulas. Plus, these sample sizes are great, because you can use up the entire product before the shelf life expires. Within one application, this mascara is surprisingly great. I can already see definition, length, and curl. With a few more layers, I was already at my ideal lash look, and I didn’t even have to layer a different mascara on top or underneath. I am really happy with this mascara, and I would definitely purchase it in the future. But knowing all my subscription boxes, I won’t have to do that anytime soon.




$25.00 - 3.25 oz    ($6.92 Value)

This body scrub is so great. First off, it feels so natural. I love seeing real ingredients, which also makes me feel good about applying them to my body. Second, this smells amazing. The vanilla is so soft and comforting, while the almond is warm and luxurious. It seriously feels like a spa in my shower. Third, this works really well. My skin was super soft after using this, and felt renewed but not dry and itchy. I think this could possibly be the best item in this month’s bag, and really is perfect for me, but I would rather receiving this during the summer months when I am baring more skin. Anyway, I will use it up for sure. This container is really cute too, and I will have to reuse it for something. 




$25.00 - 1.5 oz    ($8.33 Value)

When I first saw mask, my eyes lit up. I absolutely love face masks, and I apply them at least twice a week, but then I realized that this isn’t your typical face mask. This formula is ultra-moisturizing, and is for use with super dry skin when you need a surge of hydration. This product did slowly grow on me. I applied it to freshly washed skin, and this felt like a face moisturizer that just doesn’t rub in. After the recommended 10 minutes, I wiped off the excess product with a wet cloth, and my skin felt completely moisturized. I didn’t even have to use an additional face moisturizer afterwards. Since it is only September, and the temperature hasn’t fallen that much, I am going to save this for those harsh winter days when my skin is absolutely parched. I will be happy to have this product on hand when that time comes.




$5.95

I love / hate this product. First of all, it is such a beautiful smudge brush. The quality is so great for such an affordable price, and the brush itself looks great. I love the soft rounded edges and the color is great as well. The bristles are full and soft, basically everything I’d want from a brush. So you’re probably wonder, how could I hate this then? This is probably the fifth smudge brush Ipsy has sent me in two years. They are great, yes, and I do use them regularly, yes, but they are also long lasting, and there is no reason I need that many. I guess it is nice to not have to wash them as often as normal, but I would much prefer a different type of brush or beauty tool than the same smudge brush over and over. I think I will hold onto this one, and use it once I’ve lost the others, or they’ve run their course.




$34.00 - 0.21 oz    ($6.48 Value)

I have been looking for a quick, easy, yet beautiful highlighter over the last few weeks, so this product could not have come at a better time. This color is just a tad lighter than my natural skin color, which is perfect for a natural highlight. Also, it is so beautiful on. It blends in really well, and it catches just the right amount of light without being too shimmery. I’ve tried other highlighters before, but they’ve been white or much whiter, and they just don’t blend into my skin as well, and look very unnatural. I can see someone using these for a full contour, but I was always hoping for something a little more simplified. I am really happy with this product, and while it isn’t a full size, this will last forever. Icing on the cake, this brand always has the best packaging, and I love seeing their products in my makeup bag. They always make me smile.  


Overall, I am pretty happy with this box. It wasn’t as great as last month, but it is much better than the month’s previous. That highlight stick and mascara is so great, and these could easily become staples in my beauty routine. I am also a fan of the scrub. This easily changes my shower into a spa. The moisture mask is nice, but I just don’t need it at this time, so I will keep it around for cooler months. That smudge brush is really great, but I am just tired of Ipsy sending me the same type of brush over and over. They must keep record of this, right?! The theme and bag could be a little better as well, but I already have so many cute bags, I really don’t care about not loving this one. This month’s subscription has a value of $41.10. That is absolutely crazy for a $10 subscription, and that isn’t even counting the value of the makeup bag. One thing Ipsy always has going for itself is the value, so I can never really be unhappy about that.


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different products and brands at a very affordable price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment