Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Target Beauty Box August 2016 Review - Make the Grade

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of August, and I am really excited to see what they have in store for me this time around. Target Beauty Box is a monthly box that isn't exactly a subscription, because you have to purchase them each separately, but still delivered full size and sample size beauty products for hair, face, and skin. They cost around $5 and $10 each box depending on the value, and they deliver high end and household brands that can all be found at Target. I like that, because if there is something that I love, I know it's affordable. 

This month's box theme is Make the Grade. This theme is all about getting prepped and ready for a great school year or possibly stocking up on products to take with you to college. I am done with school, but it doesn't mean these products won't apply to me, nor does it mean I don't need to find new products to freshen up my beauty routine. I am hoping for products that will quicken up my beauty routine or trendy items that will replace the old. I can't wait to see what is inside. 




Juice Organics Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner

$9.99 each - 10 oz    ($2.00 Value)

I really like this brand from products I've used in the past, but I never knew they had shampoo & conditioner, so this is exciting to see. This product has natural ingredients such as repairing coconut that moisturizes and revitalizes your hair. I don’t really use many styling products or heating tools on my hair, but it does get a whole lot of sun in the summer, which dries it out and makes it a little crispy and unmanageable. This juice shampoo and conditioner did actually help with that a little, and I noticed a difference with one use. It also left my hair super soft. I do have to say, my hair was a little heavier than normal after using this, but nothing a little volumizer couldn’t fix. I really enjoyed this product, and the sample sizes make these ideal for travel. I hope to receive more samples like these in the future.




$6.59 - 1.6 oz    ($2.06 Value)

First of all, I love these half size deodorants that arrive in my subscription boxes, because they are great for travel, and they will still give me a lot of use. Also, this is such a necessary item, so even if I don’t love it, it will still go to use, because, like most people, I wear deodorant every single day. I do like that this is a smooth solid. I feel like gel deodorants make me sweat a little more than normal. I am also pretty impressed how well it worked. I know that this is their toughest line, and it will give the sweatiest person relief, so this kept me dry all day. Even in the summer heat.




$35.99 - 20 strips    ($1.80 Value)

I am an avid whitestrip user, so I was actually pretty excited to see this sample in this month's box. I don’t like to purchase them myself too often, because they are so expensive, but that brings more value to this box. These whitesrips promise results in one use, and I have to say they’re right. I noticed much whiter teeth with only this sample strip. I really feel like I couldn’t purchase the entire box, because I would never go through them all before they expired, so this single sample is great. If only now they could include one in every few boxes so my teeth can stay a beautiful shade of white. Also, these are perfect for coffee and wine drinkers, because they remove years of stains.




$10.39 - 5 ct    ($4.16 Value)

This is another item that I absolutely love receiving in my subscription boxes, because they are so necessary, and I always have to have them around, but I never want to buy them since they're so expensive. I love Target’s up and up brand, because it is just as good as the name brand products, but always cheaper, and who doesn’t like to save money. I am a big fan of these five blade razors, because they leave a super close shave, which means I can shave less and save time. Also, even though they are disposable, they are really high quality. That is great to see. I will just have to remember to recycle these every time I need to replace, because who wants to keep throwing away plastic into the land fill every month or so.




$4.99 - 25 ct    ($1.40 Value)

Wow, this box is absolutely killing it. I use makeup removal wipes almost every single day, so not only are these practical, but I am excited to try out a new brand that I've never tried before. Once in a while, aka almost every day, I am too tired, too lazy, or have no time to wash my face before bed, but I don’t want to leave all that dirt and grime on my face. Makeup wipes are the perfect way to wash it all away without spending 10 minutes in front of the mirror. I also like to use these on my body to freshen up after a yoga session or a day in the sun. These really do work well and even removed my eye makeup, but I don’t care for the film they left on my face. I am happy with these wipes, but I will probably stick to my favorites before purchasing this brand in the future. 




$24.00 - 70 ml    ($5.14 Value)

I've actually already received this product in a previous Target Beauty Box, so it is a little bit of a bummer to receive the same product. But, at least I really enjoyed it, so I could always use more. This water sleeping mask is unlike any other product I’ve ever used before. It’s like a face lotion that you apply to your face before bed, but this actually leaves a clear, gel-like mask on your face all night, and you then rinse off the next morning. This does leave your face fully moisturized, and really soft. I like that it works while you sleep, so you can apply right after you wash your face and forget about it. I am happy to receive this again, but I wish I could try something else from their line instead. 




$6.99 - 0.35 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I've recently heard about Katy Perry's new beauty line with CoverGirl, and I was really excited to see one of her products in this month's box. I am not a huge fan of Katy Perry herself, but I hear her makeup line is great, so I am looking forward to seeing how well this mascara works. First off, the packaging is great. I love the matte white tube, and it looks really cute in my makeup bag. Second, this formula and brush made my lashes huge. I didn't even have to double up on layers or different mascaras to really make them stand out. I would totally purchase this mascara again and again so I hope it stays on shelves for a while. 




$2.99 - 0.13 oz    (Full Size!)

NYC isn't exactly my favorite brand, but I think that they deliver quality products at an extremely affordable price. This is not the best or worst product for me in my opinion. I really do like the lipstick formula and how it has great pigmentation and moisture all in one, but this color is just not my favorite. Purple tints don't work that well with my skin tone, but I do have to say, this bright and florescent color is perfect for summer. I like this product, but I wish it were in a different color. Oh, well. 


Overall, I am really happy with this box. There were so many products that I was happy to try, or new formulas from brands I love, and I will get great use from mostly all these products. I'm a huge fan of the shampoo & conditioner, deodorant, whitestrip, razors, wet clothes, and mascara. It was nice to have more of the water moisture mask, but that lipstick just isn't for me. This month's box has a value of $26.54, which is great for a $7 box, especially since I will get great use on all of these products. Target is such a great subscription box at a really affordable price, so I can't wait for more boxes to come. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, you really have to pay attention to when they go on sale. They sell out almost instantly, but I've noticed they go on sale the first Monday of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment