Sunday, September 25, 2016

BoxyCharm September 2016 Review - Camp Glam

Yeah! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of September, and I, of course, am super excited to see what’s inside. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five!) full size beauty products to your door for only $21. This box always has a value over $100, which is crazy and great, so you’re definitely not wasting your money on this box. The products are always great too. They range from body, hair, nails, and makeup, so it is a great balance for every user. Also, they have the best themes, and the products surprisingly go along really well. Fall boxes are always the best, so I can’t wait to dig in.


You know what I just said about the themes being amazing. Well, this is the first time I don’t feel that way. The theme is Camp Glam. I think that is a little weird for September. First of all, summer camp is over, and everyone is back to school. Also, the weather is getting cooler, and the last thing I want to do is sleep outside when it’s cold at night. But, this does mention Glamping, so I’m thinking it could be glamorized, natural products, which I would love, but that would be a total stretch. This theme would be much better for summer, but we will see how well they do with it.



Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque

$11.00 - 4 fl oz

First of all, this smells amazing! My favorite deserts always include strawberries and bananas, so this was absolutely perfect for me. Second, I find deep conditioner masques both super handy and a beauty must. My hair does tend to dry out and expose a lot of frizz every once in a while, so it is a great to have a quick fix to bring it back to life. Also, these dryer and cooler temps definitely do crazy things to my hair, so this deep conditioner came at a perfect time. I would suggest not using a lot, because the product is a little heavy, and will weigh down your hair, but that just means it will last that much longer. I think my idea about the theme may be right, because these are natural ingredients in beauty product. I am really happy with this first item!




butterLONDON Trend Nail Lacquer in Yummy Mummy

$15.00 - 0.4 fl oz

I used to say how much I hate nail polish in subscription boxes, but I guess I only really hate them when the color is terrible and not my style. This, on the other hand, is perfect for me. I love the nude, and the touch of shimmer gives it the little piece of glam. Also, this brand is great. I’d have to say, if I were to pick out a color that would fit into fall and camping perfectly (especially glamping) this would be the color I’d pick out. What a perfect product for this box, and I will definitely be wearing this throughout fall. Plus, it’s full size. What is better than that!! 



PUR Cosmetics Lip Lure Hydrating Lip Lacquer in Belle

$22.00 - 0.05 oz

When I pick out lip colors, I have to make sure that there is a moisturizing element, otherwise my lips dry up like prunes. Therefore, I was stoked to see that word in the description. This is a product I’ve never seen before, which is why I love this box so much, but I am already a fan of the box. Since the packaging is white and no color was popping out, I wasn’t sure if this was basically just a lip moisturizer, but with a few clicks, the true color was exposed. It was a little fun surprise with the reveal to be honest. I wish I could do it again knowing color was going to pop out. The icing on the cake, this color is beautiful. It is a brownish red, and absolutely perfect for fall. I like the warmth this color leaves, and it will go so well with all my sweaters and scarfs. Plus, the moisture is real. I didn't even have to apply moisturizer between uses. 




Studio Makeup "On-The-Go" Palette

$49.95

This is why I love BoxyCharm so much. I spent $21 on this box, and the value of this product alone is double that price. Not only is the value amazing, but this palette is beautiful. These naturals are all you'd ever need for a classic / natural look. Also, I like that you can go more beige, soft pink, or smokey, because there are so many choices. I absolutely love this palette, and I am really excited to play with the different looks. This pigmentation is great as well. You can really play it up an build colors to darken them, or leave them light with one layer. If I were to go "Glamping" this is the one shadow palette I would bring. It is really compact, and I would blend in perfectly with my environment. So beautiful. 



Hikari Cosmetics Eye Liner in Raven

$13.00 - 0.01 oz

If I could never, ever receive another black eyeliner in any of my subscription boxes ever again, I would be so happy. It's not that I don't like black eyeliner, but I have so many of them. And since I rarely wear black eyeliner, it takes me absolutely forever to go through one single pencil. On the other hand, this is very nice, and the darkest black I think a cosmetic color could possibly be. Also, it glides without tugging, which makes it easy to get a good, clean line. I can't hate this too much, because it is a nice product, but I just don't need it. At all. This will probably be passed along to a friend or someone in my family. 


Overall, I am really happy with this box. There are so many great items and new discoveries, and I will happily use every last one of these products. Actually, I can't wait. I wasn't too sure about this theme, but it actually worked well with the products, and they were all also great for fall. It is just the eyeliner, that I'm not too excited about. This month's box has a value of $110.95. That is absolutely crazy for a box I only spent $21. This is the first fall box of three, and it couldn't have gone any better. I can't wait for the next two.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on products and try new brand for a very affordable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment