Sunday, March 12, 2017

Avenue A by Adidas Spring 2017 Review - Hannah Bronfman

Yea! My Avenue A subscription box has arrived, and pretty early. This seasonal box, created by Adidas, is delivered every three months, and since I received the last one in December, I didn’t expect the next one until March. Avenue A costs $150 and is filled with a mix of shoes, apparel, and accessories, and it includes at least 3 premium items. This box always has a value over $350, so you know it is well worth your money, and it always delivers products on trend and on season. I have loved almost everything Adidas has sent in the past, so I can’t wait to see what is in store for me for Spring.

Each season, Avenue A is curated by a special athlete, designer, or trendsetter. This season’s box is curated by Hannah Bronfman. I personally love her simple style, and to me she represents a true athlete. Since it is spring, I am hoping for a light jacket, possibly for rain, and some workout clothes that would be ideal for layering. We haven’t received an accessory since summer, so another tech item or hair item would be really fun. I am not really into Spring pastels or prints, so I hope this isn’t a batch of colors I wouldn’t normally wear. Fingers crossed for white, black, and gray.




$130.00

My athletic shoe collection has really grown from this subscription, and I am really excited to add these to the mix. I am really smitten with the gray and silver color scheme, so these could pair with basically every outfit, and I could even slip these on with jeans for those casual Friday’s at work. The design of the shoe is pretty unique, as well. There is an actual bridge separating a part of the shoe and heel, which creates an extra bounce while running or walking. They feel great on my feet, and I feel they actually add to my workout, rather than hold me back. I like that they are breathable as well. These have easily become my new running shoes, and right in time, because I needed a new pair. This is a great start to Spring.




$135.00

When I said I wanted another accessory, I didn’t think such an amazing item was an option. I also didn’t realize I needed a gym bag until this arrived at my door. I love everything about this bag: the color, the style, EVERYTHING. It is categorized as small, but this is quite large, and I can fit everything I need for the gym and more. The bottom zip is a pocket to keep gym bag separates, and the inside includes a few more pockets to keep keys and wallets separate. There is even a place for your laptop. That is great if you are a multitasker or going straight to / from work. I am not a fan of designer bags, but the metal Stella plate doesn’t bother me at all. I am a little worried about this white getting dirty, and fast, but it seems to wipe clean easily. This bag is amazing, and it is getting me excited about going to the gym.




$90.00

I only workout in tights, as I hate when I have to continually tug as I break a sweat, so these leggings are absolutely perfect for me. They are made with moisture wicking fabric that also breathes, so these are great for running in weather and still feeling comfortable. I was personally impressed at how well these stayed in place. I didn’t have to adjust during my entire workout. The style of these pants are the icing on the cake. The black with leather panels keep these looking sleek, but not basic, and I could easily throw on a new shirt after the gym, and wear these straight to coffee or errands. This price is the only crazy part of this item.I would never pay $90 for these leggings, but I would easily pay $150 for the shoes and bag alone, so these feel completely free, and I do like free.  




$30.00

Seriously, Adidas nailed my style for this box. Sports bras have gotten a little too overdone recently, and while I do like the pretty colors and straps, I am mostly interested in them doing their job. This sports bra is pretty basic, but it still stays on trend with the black and white design in the bandeaux placing. This does a great job of holding everything in place, while not hugging too tight, so again, this can go easily from the gym to errands. I also love how well this bra goes with everything in this month’s box, which makes it easy to mix and match. I am a big fan of this item, and again, can’t wait to wear it to the gym. 




$70.00

Finally, we have reached an item that I am not over the top thrilled about. This cotton cover up is ideal for layering on top of your workout clothes after the gym, or to wear to the gym to keep warm before you get hot and sweaty. I do love the hoody and the soft fabric, but the style and color isn’t my favorite. I would much prefer a hoody that closes in the front for those chilly nights, as this reminds me of a cardigan that I wouldn’t buy. Otherwise, I think this is a great Spring cover up, and I will really enjoy this to cuddle up on the couch for these chilly, Spring nights.



Overall, this season’s box is pretty great. I am obsessed with those leggings and sports bra. The bag is so perfect too, and I can’t wait to use as well. These shoes are going to help push me further than ever, and I love the color and style. The cover up hoody is the only item I don’t love, but it is really comfortable, and I will definitely put it to good use. This season’s box has a value of $455. That is more than three times the cost and absolutely crazy. Besides the very first box, I think this has the largest value as well. I continue to enjoy this box, and it always surprises me with great products. Now they just need to make a male version.  I can’t wait to see what the Summer box has in store for me.



If you would like to try Avenue A for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on the best and trendiest workout gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment