Sunday, March 19, 2017

BoxyCharm March 2017 Review - Creepy Cute

Yea! My Boxycharm has arrived for the month of March, and I cannot wait to see what they have in store for me this month. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least four (usually five) full size products to your door for only $21. The box is stocked full with the best makeup, skincare, haircare, and nail polish from a wide range of brands. The box always has a value over $100, which amazes me every time, so you really get your monies worth. I have found some great products from these boxes over the years, and my makeup collection has really been able to grow without spending too much cash. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me this month.


Every month, BoxyCharm curates their products around a theme. I usually rave about the creativeness and how well the products go with it, but I just don’t know what happened this month. For March, the theme is “Scary Cute” with a brightly colored spider web. I could see this theme working with October, even though I would still cringe, but I have no idea what is happening here. Since March is the first sign of spring, I am still hoping for some light weight product in pastel colors. I also wouldn’t mind a hair lightening product or a springy nail polish. Fingers crossed!




$39.99 - 7.5 g

BoxyCharm loves including eyeshadow palettes, and really so do I! This trio reminds me of a tropical vacation with a bright orange, yellow, and a rosy pink. At first glance, this is a trio that I just won’t use. The colors are too outrageous, and really this expensive trio seems to be really cheap, but my opinion changed. The compact itself is really quite nice, and it was just the pans that had shifted out. Also, these colors are quite pretty on, and instead of turning my look into hot tropics, they softened and brightened my face. I think this trio is still valued quite high, but I love the natural ingredients, which makes it well worth the price. If this is what the box is going to be like, I can definitely get behind it. 




$18.99

This is the second fan brush we’ve received in our BoxyCharm box, and while I wasn’t too big a “fan” of the first one (it was much too thin), this one seems like it will work much better. It not only is thicker, but has a much more natural curve, so it will help blend my makeup more naturally. While I would normally use a beauty blender or blush brush for my highlighter and bronzer, this tool will help you get those cleaner lines to define your face and give you the perfect contour. I love this brush, and I have nothing like it in my collection.




$16.00 - 0.5 fl oz

This product is a cult classic, and I already know how excited everyone is going to be to receive it in their box. While this isn’t the normal full size bottle, this is quite a large size, and really much larger than the samples I’ve received in the past that still lasted me quite a few uses. People (and myself) love this primer, because it does an amazing job of smoothing your skin and getting it ready for makeup. Also, it feels weightless, so you aren’t packing on layers to your face while trying to hide those fine lines and pores. At first, I thought we would be getting a full size bottle from the spoilers, but I am really happy with this size.





$15.00 - 0.15 fl oz

This brand has been popping up absolutely everywhere lately, and they also done a fair job of getting in those subscription boxes. I haven’t heard of this makeup brand until I first received it in a BoxyCharm from a few months ago, but I really like their branding and what products I’ve tried. I am not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks, because even though they last forever, they leave my lips super dry, which leaves a crackled lip look. I have to say this lipstick is also not very hydrating, but I love the color. I wish it were a little lighter, since spring is here, and I want to stay far away from heavy winter makeup.




$12.50 - 0.04 oz

Whenever I receive a liquid lipstick or lip liner, I always wish I had the other in the matching color (especially for lip liners), so receiving both is just perfect. This liner goes on nicely, and I am pretty impressed with how long it lasts. Also, it matches the liquid lipstick so well, and I feel much better about my lipstick staying in place. I am really enjoying this new (to me) makeup brand, and I hope to see more from them in the future. Also, this duo is worth more than the cost of the box, and the names of the colors are so inspirational. Love it!



Overall, this box has been middle of the road for me. The theme is just weird, and I don’t really know how well the products worked with it (they normally fit perfectly). Some of these products got me really excited, like the primer and the fan brush, but others just didn’t fit with the newly spring weather (the eyeshadow was too bright, and the lipstick / eyeliner duo was too dark). Otherwise, we did get a well-rounded box of products, and I will use everything eventually, some more than others. Plus, the value of the box is great. This month’s value is $102.48. I am always surprised by that, and it makes these simple fails seem much more bearable. I hope next month nails it on the head.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on great products and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment