Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sephora Play! March 2017 Review - The Gleam Team

Yeah! My Sephora Play! subscription box has arrived for the month of March, and I can’t wait to see all the goodies inside. Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box for $10 that delivers six beauty samples (one being a fragrance) of products sold in Sephora stores. They are deluxe sizes compared to what you get for free with your Sephora purchases, so you really get a good sense of the product, and a lot of the time, it will last you quite a while. Sephora Play! has slowly become one of my favorite boxes, because I am always impressed with the products, the value, and the brands, so I can’t wait to see what they have in store for use this month.



This month’s theme is “The Gleam Team,” and it is all about products that will help you shine. Whether it be skin care products that give you a healthy look, or golden hued makeup, these products will get you out of the winter slump and get you ready for spring. I am hoping for a new eyeshadow that is both classic and bronze or some night cream or face mask that will help dull skin and brighten it for this lighter month we have ahead. This month’s drawstring bag isn’t as fun as the last few we’ve had, but I like the classic white with the neon print. This is perfect for storing sample or travel.




$49.00 – 1.7 oz    ($6.86 Value)

While skin care experts aren’t a huge fan of GLAMGLOW, I feel like these products work really well for me. Also, since they are so expensive, these samples are really the only true way I get to try them out. This moisturizing illuminator replaces your day cream with ingredients like jojoba oil and shea butter, but takes it one step further. With added illuminating pearl particles, this moisturizer helps you glow and makes your skin more radiant. It also has blurring effects, which makes all light good lights. Hello new selfie. I was a little overwhelmed when I first rubbed this in, but it toned down nicely, and it did make my skin glow perfectly under powder. I love this product, and I’m lucky it is large enough to last me a while. 





$15.00 – 3 oz    (Full Size!)

While dry shampoo’s main purpose is to keep that grease from shining, I still appreciate this travel size bottle of Living Proof. I use dry shampoo every other day (between washes, of course), and I am always still a little leery about wearing my hair down, since it is just too flat. This volumizing product will give your hair great texture while lifting roots, so basically you have fresh hair day two. It also doesn’t give your hair that sticky feeling. I don’t think this works at degreasing my hair as well as other dry shampoos I’ve tried in the past, but the volume is great. I may have to combine this with my Batiste for ultimate day two hair.





$30.00 – 0.05 oz    ($10.00 Value)

I was hoping for a glowy, cream shadow, and so I was really pumped to pull this out of my box. This cream shadow is long lasting (for up to eight hours) and won’t crease, flake, or fade. I always worry about creasing with my cream shadows, so that is a relief. Also, I feel like shadow sticks are difficult to apply, but this powdery finish made it easy to blend before it dried and stayed. I love this rosy gold color, and will be wearing this all spring long. I also love that you can use it as a highlighter. Long lasting and multi-use, what else can you ask for? I guess I should mention the size as well. This tube is quite large, and I won’t see myself ever needing to repurchase (until it expires, that is).





$30.00 – 0.33 oz    ($7.50 Value)

Why use your eyeshadow as a highlighter when Sephora will include one of those in your box as well, and it’s from one of my all time favorite brands, Benefit! This is another cream to powder stick that makes it easy to apply and easy to blend, which is what else, easy. This champagne colored glow leaves a delicate and soft shimmer, and does a great job highlighting all those favored areas. This color is a little too dark for me, and the bronzier color doesn’t work the best with my pink skin, but I think this will work a lot better once I get some sun. I do love the product itself, though, and this sample is HUGE!





$36.00 – 0.5 oz    ($7.20 Value)

I am obsessed with hydrating makeup primers, as they take a step out of my routine, and they result in less layers, which is ideal once the warmer weather hits. This formula has a creamy and whipped texture, which I wasn’t expecting, but I really enjoy. This leads to a smooth, long-lasting, and radiant glow. Since it does have light reflecting properties, it awakens the complexion and softly sculpts the face, even with makeup on top. I was impressed at how well this hid pores and light lines to give me face a much prettier overall look, and since I have just turned a year older, I am dying to look even younger. I love this product, and I may just have to repurchase.




$105.00 – 1.7 oz    ($2.47 Value)

While I know all about Chloe perfume, I’ve actually never purchased it or really sampled it in the past. This perfume is fresh and feminine with notes of peony, rose, honey, and cedarwood. I am not usually a huge fan of floral scents, but the flowers mixed with the honey and cedarwood bring this back down to a woodsy and warm fragrance. Honestly, this is the ideal scent for March, as it beautifully mixes together spring and winter by lighting it up, but still keeping it in season. I could see myself wearing this while shopping with my girls for spring break clothes or while getting out into fresh air and enjoying that warm sun.




Overall, this month’s box was a total hit. I love how everything except the dry shampoo literally makes you glow, and they are all great product for this time (or really anytime) of year. I am loving the two moisturizers, and that eyeshadow stick is great as well. I will also use the highlighter and dry shampoo, but they aren’t my favorite new finds from the box. I like the perfume, but since it is a sample, I will wear it now and then and never repurchase. This month’s box has a value of $49.03. That is pretty great for a $10 box, and another reason I love it so much. I can’t wait to see what April has in store for me.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out deluxe size samples of the best and newest of Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment