Saturday, March 18, 2017

Birchbox March 2017 Review - Pretty Mighty

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of March, and even though I know everything I am getting, I could not be more excited to try out or restock on everything inside. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five samples (and sometimes full size products) to your door for only $10. This doesn’t have the best value, or the largest samples, but I feel like Birchbox get right what all the other subscription products get wrong. First, they curate all the products around your preferences. Second, all their brands are cult favorites or new and upcoming, so you never get those cheap samples that you’ll never use. I always find new products that become staples in my beauty routine, so I hope this month’s box has a lot to offer.


Each month, Birchbox allows you to choose between a curated box (which I did for this month) so all of that samples are already chosen for you from a special quest, pick out one of your samples, or do absolutely nothing a leave it as a surprise. This month’s curated box was created by Reece Witherspoon. She has been everywhere in my life lately. I have been watching her new HBO show, and she is currently making the book I am reading into a movie. As this month’s curator, she has collected a group of products that are both pretty and mighty, which work hard at what they do, and will allow you to do the same. These items will bring out your inner boss by working overtime so you don’t have to. I love this theme, and I have high hopes for these products. My box did come a little damaged, which is a bummer, because it is so darn pretty. Oh, well.




$48.00 – 1.7 oz    ($2.82 Value)

I love receiving face moisturizers in my subscription boxes, not only because I like to try out different brands and formulas, but they are so expensive (much like this $48 option), and since I stock up from my subscription, I never have to pay that steep price. This silky face moisturizer from Clarins uses succulent leaves to reactivate your skins self-hydrating power. Not only does it leave your skin silky smooth and ready for makeup, but it makes your completion look and feel plumped all day. If you are into lighter moisturizer in the morning, this can be used as a night cream instead. I love this product, and I am glad I have the chance to try it out. Plus, this sole sample will last me a few weeks. Just perfect!




$14.00 – 0.14 oz    (Full Size!)

This lip balm is one of the reasons I choose the curated box, as I love this product so much, and I am almost out. Instead of purchasing another at $14, it just made more sense to go with this $10 box, and receive the additional four samples, all while saving four bucks. This lip balm from the Birchbox brand, ARROW, adjusts to your unique pH and enhances your natural lip color to a just-for-you hue. For me, this turns my parched lips into a soft and subtle pout with a pink hue. This is absolutely perfect for those times you’re going out, but your lips are too dry for lipstick, or you want to liven up your look quickly and without a mirror. I keep this in my purse, and it is the first product I grab each and every time. A restock is well appreciated. Plus, it is paraben, cruelty, and gluten free.




$28.00 – 8.5 fl oz    ($5.60 Value)

My hair is so flat, that any and all volumizing / thickening products call my name. This thickening spray will give you Texas level volume while adding body, bounce, and shine. It also helps control your ends. I was a little worried about getting too much volume, as big hair isn’t really my style (nor anyone else’s in my area), but since my hair is so flat to begin with, it gave me just enough. Also, I noticed that it was still soft and super smooth, which is another hair flaw I have to deal with. The icing on the cake, this smells amazing, and I could use it as a hair perfume alone since it smells so great.




$29.00 – 280 ml    ($1.24 Value)

Normally, I hate these foil samples, but I am already obsessed with this shampoo and conditioner, and these appear to be extras, since I have a total of seven samples. This shampoo not only smells amazing and makes my hair look great, but it does other wonderful things as well. Staying paraben and sulphate free, this product hydrates your hair, boosts volume, improves hair texture, and protects it from harsh UV rays. It has finally warmed up where I’m from, so I worry about my hair staying healthy, so that is nice to not have to worry any longer. I am so pumped I’ve received another sample of this product, and there is enough here for two uses. Yes!




$36.00 – 250 ml    ($1.73 Value)

Again, I love this product, and I am so happy about receiving more to sample. I honestly would scoop this up instantly if it weren’t this expensive. I love how this conditioner does much the same as the shampoo, so you can use them separately or together for best use. With ingredients like apricot butter and roucou oil, this conditioner will help maintain body, soften, soothe, and protect from UV rays. This conditioner will also help your hair dry faster, for real. Again, this sample is enough for two uses, and to me this is a complete extra, so I am happy with these foil samples.




$32.00 – 135 ml    ($11.85 Value)

When I tried their Milk shampoo and conditioner, I was obsessed. Not only did it smell amazing, but it made my hair look and feel amazing. I was seriously crushing on that product for so long. This hair milk is a leave-in treatment which helps moisturize and amplify strands all while protecting it from harmful UV rays and free radicals. I like in a populated city, so I worry about how it impacts my skin, hair, and health, so this creams will stop me from worrying about at least one of those issues. This product smells just as amazing as their shampoo / conditioner, which I appreciated, and it gave my hair that extra shine and styling ability. I love this spray, and I will use all of this sample. If only it wasn’t that pricey, I would be purchasing it over and over. 




$31.00 – 0.75 fl oz    ($4.13 Value)

This is another item I’ve already owned, but since I love it so much, it doesn’t hurt to receive more at a much discounted price. I am in love with this face primer, as it does a great job of diffusing pores and fines lines, it leaves your face silky smooth and ready for makeup, but it is also tinted, so you can apply this alone for those lazy Sundays. Every time I use this product, I fell as though I’ve had my makeup professionally done (no pun intended), and I get compliments all the time. This tube isn’t that large, but you don’t have to use a whole lot, so I know it will still last quite a few uses. This sample size is also great for travel. Since we no longer are gathering points with Birchbox, I am much more willing to snag up products I already love, and this box has been a prime example.


Overall, I am so happy with this month’s box. There were some old favorites for restocking, and some new must haves all wrapped into one. Also, there were seven samples in this month’s box, and they all worked perfectly with the theme. I am so happy with another ARROW lip balm, and the Benefit Porefessional is a cult favorite. The face cream works really nicely, and I love the volumizing spray. Anytime I see Davines in my box, I get a little too excited, and the milk, shampoo, and conditioner will all get used, like yesterday. This month’s box has a value of $41.37. That is really high for a Birchbox, and really great for me. Of course, my favorite box of the year also has a great value. I am really happy with this subscription, and this box is exactly why I recommend it so often. I can’t wait to see what is in store for me next month.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment