Friday, March 24, 2017

Wizarding World Crate March 2017 Review - Hogwarts House Pride (Hufflepuff)

As soon as I was aware of the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter Loot Crate edition, I knew I had to join in on the fun. Even though Loot Crate has so many variations, I have yet to try one out, and since I am a huge Harry Potter fan, this box is perfect for me. This variation of the Loot Crate box costs $34.99 plus shipping and tax. In the end, this box ended up costing me over $40, which sounds like a lot more than I bargained for, but hopefully it will be all worth it. I’ve seen plenty of Harry Potter fan gear and product in the last two boxes, such as necklaces, keychains, shirts, socks, funko pops, and stuffed toys, so I really have no idea what is going to be included in this month’s box. I really can’t wait to see what is in store for me this month. 


This month’s theme is Hogwarts House Pride. When you sign up for this box, along with sizes for clothes you get to pick your Hogwarts house. I haven’t seen the chosen houses come into play in the last few boxes, so I am guessing that will change this time around. I, of course, am a Hufflepuff: loyal, patient, dedicated, and hard working. (I don’t understand the hate against Hufflepuffs, because we are awesome!) You tend not to see Hufflepuff fan items around as much as other houses, so I am excited about an entire box dedicated to this house. Personally, I am hoping for a Hufflepuff shirt, a Cedric Funko Pop, or possibly the classic yellow and black scarf. Let’s find out.



Hogwarts Raglan

This shirt is an item I am guessing everyone will receive, as it displays all four Hogwart houses. I really like the graphic, but the style of shirt isn’t for me. First, it is a little large for the three quarter sleeve look, and falls off my arms. I am now aware these are boy sizes, and this cut doesn’t look right for a girl. On the other hand, this would look great as a looser fit on a boy. I feel like the American Hogwarts student's would be rocking this look. This isn't a win for me, but it is a cute addition to this box's theme. 



Hufflepuff Duffle Bag

I was in love with this duffle bag at first sight. First, it is my school, Hufflepuff!! Also, duffle bags are so handy. I am always packing for weekend trips, clothes for the gym, or a new outfit for going out straight after work. After checking it out a little more, I am really unimpressed with the fabric and material. I could see this duffle bag falling apart within a few uses. Otherwise, this would be a great bag for the teenager in your life. For me, it is just a little too cheap. That is unfortunate. 



Hufflepuff Beanie

Ok, now this is what I'm talking about. First, this beanie is made with durable fabric which is thicker to actually keep you warm. Next, the Hufflepuff badge and wording across the middle gives it the perfect amount of house pride. I absolutely love this hat, but I have one complaint. This box arrived in the middle of March, and since spring is here, winter is far from my thoughts. I won't be able to wear this for almost a year. The item is great, but the timing is all off. I guess it will be a fun surprise nine months from now. 



Hogwarts Express Lanyard

One thing I haven't seen in any of the previous boxes, yet should have completely expected is a lanyard. This one is decorated with images and wording of the Hogwarts express. This is a "House Pride" box, so I would have preferred a Hufflepuff lanyard, maybe with black and yellow stripes. Otherwise, this is a cute lanyard, and I love that movement is involved with something that you wear while on the go. The ribbon is super soft and feels luxe, but the snap and ID holder is REALLY cheap. I don't think I would trust anything in the holder, especially items I can't lose. The keychain is a fun touch. 



Sorting Hat Pin

As I have now become aware, every Loot Crate comes with a pin that represents the box and it's monthly theme. I love the idea of receiving a pin, because it is the ultimate nerd keepsake. On top of that, the sorting hat is the best representation of this box. The sorting hat is what helps choose your house once you arrive at Hogwarts, and since we all have different houses, this is the common medium. I think I will throw this onto my backpack or denim jacket. Honestly, this little gem may be my favorite item in the whole box. 



I was really excited about this box, and I thought I would be receiving some quality Hufflepuff items, but this just isn't what I expected. I do appreciate the two house specific items, but to me, that wasn't enough for a house pride box. Also, the items are great at first glance, but they are mostly made with cheap material. Out of the five items, the hat and the pin are the only two that I will actually use due to "cheapness" of the products, and the ill fit. I had really high hopes for this, and for spending $40 on this box I am not impressed with the quality. I may give this box one more shot, but this just may not be for me. 



If you would like to try Wizarding World Crate for yourself, just click here. It may be the ideal box for me, but the subscription of your dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment