Saturday, March 18, 2017

Ipsy Glambag March 2017 Review - Tres Jolie

Yeah! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of March, and since spring is here, I am excited to lighten up a little with both products and colors. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five sample size and full size beauty products to your door in a specially created makeup bag. The products range from hair, nails, face, skincare, makeup, and tools. This subscription is definitely more heavy on makeup, so if you love to play around with your look or stock up on colors and products, this is definitely the subscription for you. The subscription usually has a value around $50, so at the $10 ticket price, it is a great value. I can’t wait to see what Ipsy has in store for me this month.


This month’s theme is Tres Jolie which means “Very Pretty” in French. I love this theme, as it is can attract a large variety of French created and French inspired makeup products. And, since the French are known to be trendsetters, I have a feeling everything in this month’s bag will be fashion forward. Speaking of the bag, I am so happy with this month’s design. The fold over clutch is so trendy, and I love the pink and gold pattern. Since it does fold over, this month’s bag is larger than normal, so it will come in handy for those days I need to pack a little more. I usually have to bring a few different bags when I travel, so this will definitely get used. I could also see people using this as a clutch for a shower or brunch. So cute! Now, onto the products. 




$12.00 – 4 g    (Full Size!)

I’ve received quite a few products from this line from Ipsy and other subscriptions, and I am always impressed with the quality and on trend colors. This blush refill is perfect for those magnetic build your own palette, so it is much less like a sample in cardboard packaging, and much more luxurious product. I have been needing a peach blush, so this could not have come soon enough. This is such a beautiful color, and I love how it is super buildable. I don’t know if I am in love with the shimmer (I much prefer matte colors on my face), but I like the shade enough to get over that. Also, this color reminds me of spring and all the pretty, soft colors that come out this time of year. This is a great start to this month’s box, and it already is worth more than I paid. Well done!





$15.00

Ugh! I seriously have received at least ten blending brushes over the years from my subscription boxes, and while I do use them, I really don’t need this many. Since it’s not the brush’s fault, I feel I still owe it a fair review. From first look, I love the look of this brush. The light blue reminds me of Spring, and the thick handle makes it sturdy and durable. Second, the bristles on this brush are perfect for blending. They are soft, yet thickly stocked, which makes cover better than one that isn’t. I will keep this in my rotation, and actually probably pull it out first, but I really didn’t need this to begin with. Otherwise, this is a great brush, and costs more than I paid for the entire bag, so that is still a win. 
  




$2.99 – 1.69 oz    (Full Size!)

This is the second time I’ve received a Marc Anthony conditioning treatment in my Ipsy bag, and while they are really nice to have and use, they aren’t really exciting to receive. I guess it does save me from having to pick it up from the store myself. This particular conditioning treatment contains aloe vera and jasmine oil which revives overworked dry hair while hydrating and softening each strand. It is also lightweight, so you can still get great volume after using it, and you don’t have to do it on a Sunday night to hide your flat and oily hair like some deep conditioners. I like that I haven’t received this exact deep conditioner before, and these are nice to have around, so this is again, still a win.





$24.00 – 1.7 oz    ($4.80 Value)

I am a big fan of First Aid Beauty, and I love receiving practical items in my subscription boxes. Good face moisturizers can cost quite a bit of money (kind of like this one), so being able to stock up on deluxe samples means I don’t have to dish out big bucks in the futures. This moisturizer in particular provides immediate hydration with seed and avocado oil that leaves a silky smooth finish. I like how it allows my makeup to apply smoothly on top, or the feel of my skin without. It also contains shea butter and ceramides, which help protect the barrier of your skin. This is necessary for me, as the city’s pollutants are terrible to the appearance of my face. I am really happy with this product, and while it is the only item that is not full size, I think it may be my favorite. 




$10.00 – 1.4 g    (Full Size!)

I have received so many bronzy gold shades over the years, so I wasn’t too excited about this product at first, but after trying it out, I am obsessed. This shade has a more rosy gold tone, which is absolutely beautiful, and perfect for this time of year. I also love how it goes well with the “Very Pretty” French theme. I think this could be a great color to mix with other palettes, but I will personally be wearing this alone (or maybe with a highlighter). I love how this one shade is enough to create a complete look on your lids. I am not one to spend too much time on makeup anyways, so this color is absolutely perfect for me. This sample is another magnetic palette codet, which Is great if you have one to fill (I do!), or otherwise, this packaging alone will stand up pretty well, as long as you don’t travel with it. This eye shadow is a close second to my favorite item this month, and I can’t wait to wear it the first chance I get.



Overall, I am really happy with this month’s Ipsy. To start it off, this bag is amazing. I like the larger size, the style, and how it can be used as a clutch as well. My favorite items are the face moisturizer and eyeshadow. The beautiful blush is a close third, but I prefer matte colors on my cheeks (until weekend nights, that is). The blending brush and conditioning treatment are also nice, but they are nothing too exciting. Even though, they are really nice to have, and they will get good use from me. I have to say, the products are well ranged, so we have a little bit of everything. This month’s bag has a value of $44.79, and that isn’t even counting the cost of the bag. That is great for a $10 subscription. I can’t wait to see what the month of April and all of it’s showers have in store for me.

If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to sample a wide range of brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment