Saturday, March 25, 2017

BarkBox March 2017 Review - Bento & Blossoms

Once again, my dog's BarkBox has arrived for the month of March, and while I am excited to see this month's theme and cute toys, my dog is even more excited to receive his month of goodies. BarkBox is a monthly subscription box that delivers two toys and three treats to your dog each month for only $29 a month. I am always impressed with the quality and ingredients of these products, so not only will your dog love them, but you will feel good about giving them. With a yearly subscription I only pay $20 a month, which makes this box much more affordable and also gives it a higher value. We both can't wait to see what is in store for use this month. 


This year, the monthly themes are traveling the world. For January, we took off with our passport for a year long adventure, and February gave us our first stop to a Safari in Africa. Our second stop for the month of March is Japan! We will take in this country's culture with a box full of their treats and toy inspired items. I would normally miss the holiday themed boxes, but these have been done over and over again, so this year of travel is exciting, and I can't wait to see where we are headed next. I can't wait to see what Japan has to offer, and neither can the pup!




$10.00 - 4 oz

One thing we love about Japan, rabbits are everywhere, and while I hate to see those cute animals turn into treats, these rabbit sliders will make your dog smile. Made with real apple and flaxseed, not only are they delicious, but they are good for your dog as well. BarkBox does a great job at delivering treats that are not only healthy, but your dog will devour. I like that these chewy treats last a little longer than your average treat, and they are ideal for handing over after a long series of tricks. 




$10.00

My dog has yet to try sushi, even though it is his parent's favorite treat, so this toy allows the entire family to get a serving. This sushi "roll" is the ideal tug toy as the three pieces connect with a stretchy cord, yet still offer the chewiness of a plush and the joy of a squeak. My dog loves this new toy, and has been carrying it around with him everywhere. I tend to not like tugging with some of his plush toys, since I am afraid they will bust, but this allows us to toss, tug, and (for him to) chew all in one. I am glad we are a finally a sushi loving family. 




$8.00 - 3.25 oz

These duck jerky treats have got to be delicious, because my dog devours them each and every time. Made with all natural ingredients, including duck meat, these are not only healthy, but they will keep your dog full of energy (I know that isn't always the goal. Haha). These are a great addition to the other treats in the box, while they are quite different, but still a great way to treat your dog for that party trick or using the restroom. Plus, this packaging is really pretty and takes me straight to Japan. 




$8.00

One sound my dog can not get enough of, and I have already heard my fair share, is the loud and long duck honk. To his luck, and my misfortune, this teapot is one giant squeak. Since my dog is a terrier, he has to destroy, so I don't see this lasting very long, but it is pretty cute for now. I love the two threaded designs on each side, and the rope handle takes if from real life to dog inspired. This is a great Japan inspired toy, which BarkBox does so well, and my dog will really enjoy play time with this teapot. 




$3.00

As soon as I remove these type of chews from the box, my dog will not leave me alone. While he does love dinner time and his treats, jerky and crunchy chews are his absolute favorite. This buffalo chew was no different, and he ate it right away. It was definitely crunchier than your normal jerky, yet it still took him about five minutes to eat. I think these are the best to get your dog to calm down after getting too hyped or maybe while the rest of the family is eating. I really appreciate receiving these in each month's box. 



Overall, this is a great box. I love the second stop of this year long adventure is Japan, and they did a great job curating items that represent the area. That sushi roll is the cutest, and it is my dogs favorite new toy. The teapot, on the other hand, is a little annoying, but that part of being a dog owner I guess. The treats have a nice variety, and my dog will be enjoying them all very much. This month's box has a value of $39. I only paid $20 for these products, and I would have paid more than that for these five items, so I am happy with the value. I can't wait to see where we are going to stop next month. I'm thinking a European country. 


If you would like to try BarkBox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat your dog with high quality toys and treats month after month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment