Friday, March 24, 2017

Popsugar Must Have Resort 2017 Review

Yeah! My very first Popsugar Must Have Resort box has arrived for the 2017 year has finally arrived, and I cannot to dig in. Along with their monthly subscription, Popsugar releases four specialty boxes each season. These cost $100, but are filled with higher valued items, and in return are worth more than the monthly box. Since it’s spring, and everyone is heading to the beach to break those winter blues, these products will help you make the most of your week away. If you aren’t planning a spring break, these products would be great to get you ready for summer, or would be an ideal gift for the bride heading away for her honeymoon. I live in an area that is beach ready in March, so these items will be ideal for my staycation. 


The shipping and packaging for this box is nicer than the monthly subscription, which already gives it a more lux feel. Just like the regular subscription, this box comes with a card that details each item with a picture, a description, and the price if you were to purchase it outside of this box. These are really handy, because even though most of these items are self-explanatory, it is nice to read a little more into it. Also, these are nice to hold onto and keep as a reminder when you’re using the item, or as a keepsake of the goodies you’ve received. I can’t wait to see what is inside.




$95.00

When I think of a resort, I do think hand crafted goods with beads and charms, so this necklace is a perfect fit. Also, it is pretty darn cute. I love how it is super long, so you can wear it over a tight dress, or wrap it around a few times for a different look. They suggest you can wear it as a bracelet as well, but that would make it a little bulky. This is also made with antique gold charms, which helps justify the price. I really like this necklace, and even though I would only wear it in a resort setting, it could really go with anything: a bathing suit, a tank and shorts, or a beachy dress. This has already gotten me in a resort mood.





$29.00

This is an item that I didn’t know I needed until it arrived in this box. This terry clothed lined inflatable already feels like something you would bring to the pool and beach, but with so much fashion and practicality included. The inflatable inside is easy to blow up on your own, and I like how you can make it stiff for upright people watching or a little soft for book reading or sleeping. The material is all durable, and actually feels just like a soft towel, so it will fit right in with your other beach items. Also, the light blue is so relaxing (and won’t get hot), and the word “Escape” gives it a little lux. I am obsessed with this pillow, and I will definitely be bringing it with me to the beach every single time. 




$95.00

This spoiler is exactly what I would expect from this Popsugar Must Have Resort box, and really everything I wanted. While I have plenty of summer clothes, and a drawer of cute bathing suits, I don’t really have beach lounge wear or cover-ups. This light fabric is the perfect breezy wear to hang out with in the sun when you don’t want to bear it all. This would be ideal for throwing on to enter the bar straight from the pool as well. The colors are super trendy and I am a big fan of the soft blue, red, and white. It wouldn’t look the best with every bathing suit, but why match when you’re lounging and having a great time? This is going straight into my beach bag as well. Love it!




$50.00 – 1.6 oz

I haven’t heard much about this cleanser before receiving it in this box, but I am now aware it is a favorite among most. This all natural face wash exfoliates, tones, soothes, and deeply cleanses to remove impurities and makeup. With ingredients like chamomile and cocoa butter, this cleanser will leave your face looking a feeling great. I am really happy they included a muslin cloth, because I may have a few, but a brand new one is always nice to use with a new cleanser, and you can never have too many. Also, the scent is really nice and natural, and reminds me that I’m not putting harmful ingreditens on my face. I’ve read a lot of reviews of this cleanser changing people’s complexion, and I hope it works the same for me. 




$29.95

I am always at the beach, pool, or even in the hotel wishing I had a speaker to play some jams to help relax or get the party started. This wireless Bluetooth speaker has some great sound quality, and I love that anyone can sync up to it to play their own playlist. Also, the diamond shape is super chic, and again gives it a lux feel. Unlike some speakers, I will not be embarrassed to pull this out, but instead I will be excited to show it off. I know this brand to be high quality as well, so I don’t expect this to fall flat in the middle of the party. Who would think speakers were so necessary during your resort vacation, but this speaker is definitely a must have. I like that it isn’t vacation specific as well, and I can bring this to tailgates, to BBQ, or just play music around the house. 





$8.00 – 3 oz

Well, darn. This box was one great item after another until the food product, which is usually something chocolate. I, unfortunately, I know, do not care too much for chocolate, especially dark, so this gourmet bar just isn’t for me. For everyone else, though, this must be a hit. The mint gives it a lux taste, and takes you away on your own tropical vacation if you aren’t able to go on one of your own. Also, since it is dark chocolate, it is good for your, right? I will pass this onto a friend or coworker, which is unfortunate, but at least someone will enjoy it.



Overall, I am really happy with this year’s box. That cleanser and beach cushion are my absolute favorites, and they will be getting quite a bit of use. The Bluetooth speaker is something that will be going with me everywhere as well. The necklace and shrug are also nice, but I don’t think I will be wearing these very often, but when the time comes, these will pull my resort wear outfit together perfectly. The only item I wasn’t a fan of is the chocolate bar, and really the only item that I don’t mind not caring for. This year’s box has a value of $306. That is pretty great for a $100 box, but I would like to see it worth a little more. Nonetheless, I really enjoy the items inside, and I would be happy to spend $100 total. I hope the summer box has even more to offer.



This year’s box has been sold out, but if you are interested, make sure to pay attention early March of next year to tie your own down.

No comments:

Post a Comment