Sunday, March 12, 2017

Popsugar Must Have March 2017 Review

My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of March, and pretty darn quickly. It normally doesn’t arrived until the third week in, but this month’s box arrived within the first week. Just crazy! Popsugar is a monthly lifestyle subscription box that delivers the best in fashion, beauty, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 each month, but it always values over $100, so it is well worth your money. I have found quite a few products that I absolutely love from this box, and you can really see it in my home, my style, and on my skin and hair. Spring boxes are probably my least favorite, but I am ready to lighten and brighten up, so I can’t wait to see what is inside.



Each month has a set of inspiration words to help curate the box. This month’s inspirations are Spring Fever, Playful, Travel, Nostalgia, Carnival, Snapshot. Now that it is Spring, I am excited to get back outside and enjoy that warmer weather, and it seems like these items will be perfect for a day or weekend trip. For some reason I am getting some heavy Disney vibes with these words, so hopefully these will be great products to help accompany me to a theme park, zoo, or museum. I feel like they use the word “travel” a lot, and I wish they would mix it up a bit, but at least I do travel quite a bit, and so I normally appreciate these items. Also, please, please, please, have a camera inside. I miss playing around with film and fun lenses. 




$20.00

Ok, so this is the snapshot item, and while it isn’t the camera I was hoping for, this photo album is pretty great. First of all, it is a Kate Spade item, which already starts it out in the right direction. Second, the design is really cute, and the white, black, and green will work perfectly with my décor. This item also goes along with the nostalgia theme, as we really don’t order prints like we used to. I probably haven’t printed a picture in over year, so this is a good reminder to make it to the kiosk, and actually print some memories out for everyone to enjoy. I will be filing this with all my adventures and leaving it out for everyone to enjoy. I didn’t expect a product like this from my Popsugar subscription, yet I am pleasantly surprised. 





$45.00

My 15 year old self is going crazy over this bag, but my late 20’s self isn’t too excited. While this red, clear crossbody bag may be well made and actually pretty cute, I how outgrown this style. I am not sure the age of the average subscriber, but they are assumed to have their own home, so I don’t see a whole lot of users being too excited about this item. To be honest, the one place I can picture myself using this is what I mentioned above, Disney! It is really the only place I can be a kid again, and this bag would fit in perfectly there. This does bring back a little nostalgia, and it is definitely playful, but I’d much rather have a more practical spring bag instead.





$18.00

Again, I am not sure the average age of the Popsugar subscriber, but this lunch box seems a little young. I do bring a lunch to work every day, but to be perfectly honest, I would be a little embarrassed to stick this in the communal fridge. Otherwise, this would be a great container to bring with me to fill with fresh veggies or dip for a road trip, concert, or picnic. I know this is a Spring box, but Summer is right around the corner, and this container would be great by the pool or the beach as well. The container itself is quite sturdy, and I appreciate the extra strap to keep it from spills. I’m not overjoyed with this item, but it is practical enough to be able to use it when I need something like this.





$24.00 – 0.049 oz

March is all about shedding those dark, winter sweaters, and getting into something lighter and brighter, so I love that Popsugar added an item to help brighten up our face as well. I am a fan of the Thrive brand, and we’ve been seeing it pop up in subscription boxes a lot lately. This is sold as an eye brightener, but you could definitely use this on cheeks, forehead, and nose as well (like all other highlighters). All of their products are vegan and cruelty-free, which means you are using a product that cares about animals. The company also pushes female empowerment, so you can feel good about wearing it. This highlighter is nice, and really brightens your face, but I personally love this product because of all they do to put good back into the world. This is a great item for spring and really every other time of the year.





$4.00 – 4.5 oz

Popsugar absolutely loves both chocolate and cinnamon, two flavors I don’t care for that much. I am not really a sweets person in general, and I also try to avoid sugar, so the food item is often a flop for me. These large marshmallows are covered in cinnamon and sugar, which creates the taste of a churro. I can understand how people can really get behind these, but that unfortunately won’t be me. I handed these off to my boyfriend, and he was a big fan. He said they were perfectly sweet and super soft, so they were easy to gobble up. I really hope Popsugar offers different kinds of snacks going forward, and that they back away from so many sweets.




$25.00

I was just thinking about how Popsugar used to include a gift card from a different company every month, and how I missed that special extra, but I also remember how we’ve received six items in every other box ever. What the heck! I would much rather have received a fourth item worth the $25, then receive a gift card for an item you have to spend additional money. It would be different if the card covered the cost of a pair of sunglasses, but the cheapest pair is $45. That being said, these sunglasses are really cute, and I will probably take my $25 off a new pair to get me ready for spring. This is just another sad end to a depressing box.




This is actually one of my least favorite boxes. From what I remember (so I could be mistaken), this box offered so little to be excited about, and I’ve never been less excited about the items. I was really excited about the theme words, which got me excited for spring, photography, and nostalgia, but this went a little too far into my childhood, and it didn’t really deliver many items that I could use as an adult. The photo album will look great in my home, and I’m going to have fun filling each page. The highlighter is nice too, and I like the brand, but I have so many that I didn’t need another. Everything else in the box is a total flop. The value is still over $100 at $136, but that is including the gift card that I’ll need to spend more to use. I hope April is much better, because they owe us that.



If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment