Saturday, February 3, 2018

Birchbox November 2017 Review - Ready for Kickoff

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of November, and I am so excited to see what's inside. The holidays are here, and the boxes this time of the month always seem to be a little more special. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five beauty samples, sometimes more or full size products, for only $10. Birchbox does such a good job at delivering products that I love, and I always find something I repurchase, so I can't wait to see what is in store for me this time around.


This month's theme is Ready for Kickoff. It is the official start to the holiday season, and these products will help you either start it off with a full new look, or get you set up with products that will easily take you from day to night in a hurry. I love this theme, because this time of the year comes with quite a few parties and get-together's after work, and with everything else that needs to get done, where is the time to get ready? Let's see what quick fixes are inside.  




$22.00 - 8 oz    ($4.13 Value)

I love quick fix sprays that get the job done with so little effort, so this product is right up my alley. This leave-in conditioner comes with 12 benefits including strengthening, shine, moisture, vibrancy, and prevents further damage. I do love how this leaves my hair silky smooth and the scent is light and nice, but it isn't my favorite leave-in spray. Other products make magic of my hair and gives it life when it’s dry, but this did leave my hair soft and smooth, and I know it’s working magic that I can’t see. Plus, this bottle will last me a while, because you don’t need much each time.




$17.00 - 4.3 g    ($10.67 Value)

Wow, this color is so beautiful and perfect for me, and I was so excited to give it a try until I realized it was a cream, not a powder. I have so much experience with powders, that I know how to use them, but I just can’t master the cream. It just doesn’t look as natural to me, but I will have to give it a try, because I love this color. This product is labeled as a highlighter and blush, because this could be used as both on darker complexions. I am so light, that this won’t work as both on me. Also a plus, this cream is long lasting and blends pretty easily. I don’t think this will be too hard to master.




$24.00 - 0.13 oz    ($6.00 Value)

I am not the biggest fan of liquid lipsticks either, so this is the second formula that I don’t normally use, but I am a big fan of Smashbox, and this color is great for my skin tone and November, so I am going to have to learn to love it. This warm pink screams late fall, but it isn’t too dark, which I love. While I don’t love how liquid lipsticks dry out your lips, I do love that they are long-lasting, and this one does the trick. Plus, this sample size is great, and it will really last me forever. No need to repurchase. 




$72.00 - 50 ml    ($2.88 Value)

I love this perfume so much that I already own it, really! TOCCA carries some of my favorite scents. They have so much personality while still staying light and feminine. This one is adventurous and vibrant with notes of clementine, fig, and coconut, but still has a feminine side with notes of magnolia and geranium. I love scents that are fresh and citrus but still sweet, so this is perfect for me, and I think it compliments my personality well. While I do have this already, this sample will be great for my purse or when I’m traveling. Birchbox just knows me so well.




$36.00 - 1.76 oz    ($10.23 Value)

I am excited to try any K-Beauty product, especially when it’s from a brand that I already know and love, so I think this one is going to be a winner. This multitasking cream will be all you need as it acts as a serum, moisturizer, neck cream, eye cream, or sleeping mask. I apply so many layers every night, so it will be great to narrow down my routine. This cream is packed with ingredients unlike most creams too, such as collagen, egg yolk, and omega, so it won’t just hydrate, but it will visibly plump your skin. This is a dream cream, and I will use it to every last drop. I might have to purchase this when it’s gone.




$60.00 - 0.5 oz    ($2.40 Value)

While I don’t love foil samples in subscription boxes, this feels like an extra, because Birchbox usually only delivers five products. Looking at it as an extra, this is such a great product, and I am excited to give it a try. This night eye cream will help with aging issues such as dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles. With one use, I did notice a brighter under eye, but those wrinkles are still quite present. I wish this were a larger sample so I could try it out a bit longer, but I do like what I see so far. Too bad this full size bottle costs $60, or I would be adding it to my cart as I speak.



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box. These items will definitely help get me ready for the holidays. I am in love with the Egg Mellow cream, and it’s nice to have more of my favorite perfume. The leave-in conditioner is nice too, and I’ll be happy to use it. The lipstick and blush may not be my favorite formulas, but the colors are just too nice not to use. The eye cream sample was a nice addition too. This month’s box has a value of $36.31. I am happy with that amount, and it is pretty good for Birchbox. I am not too worried about the value if I love the products, and with this box, I definitely do.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment