Saturday, February 3, 2018

Ipsy Glam Bag November 2017 Review - All You

Yea! My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of November, and I am so excited to check out what they have in store for me this time around. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription bag that delivers at least five full and sample size products to your door around in a makeup bag designed to the month’s theme for only $10. This subscription always has a high value, some fun and interesting new products, and the makeup bags are great to collect and reuse. It is one of the best values out there.


This month’s theme is “All You.” With the holidays around the corner, these next few months can get a little hectic, and you tend to put yourself on the backburner to make time for everything else. So these products will help you give a little time back to the one and only, but they will also make the most of that time with multi-tasking formulas and products that will help you relax along with making you more beautiful. I am guessing we will be receiving some sheet masks and some quick skincare. Either would be great by me. This makeup bag is fun too. It reminds me of fall harvest. That is perfect for Thanksgiving travel.



MUDMASKY Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask

$80.00 - 2 oz    ($20.00 Value)

While I have fully embraced this sheet mask craze, sometime I like to fall back on my classic masks, because they tend to give better results. My favorite kind of mask is clay, because it purifies, detoxes, and refreshes your skin, all within 20 minutes. This mask is no different. With just one use, I noticed a major improvement with my skin, and it felt completely renewed. This is a great way to transform your face in a short amount of time. Also, this bottle will last me forever, because I will only have to use this once or twice a month. That is good, because I do not want to spend $80 of the full size product.




ColourPop Cosmetics Pressed Powder Shadow in Come and Get It

$5.00 - 1.5 g    (Full Size!)

While I used to hate these single pan products, I’ve received quite a few z-palettes in the past few years, so I am more than happy to receive a beautiful shadow to add to my collection. This deep pink is so warm, which is ideal for November, and it looks wonderful with my skintone. I love how the shimmer can be dressed up, or I could even use this all over the lid for a quick look. I am a big fan of this brand as well. I hardly notice any fallout either. This is a great product, and it is full size. Win and a win.





Touch In Sol Advanced Real Moisture Liquid Foundation SPF 30 in Natural Beige

$20.10 - 30 ml    ($6.70 Value)

I was very intrigued with this brand and product after pulling it out of this month’s bag, and after trying I have some mixed reviews. This thick foundation acts more like a concealer, because it covers flaws miraculously, and it is way too heavy to put over your whole face. Also, this doesn’t match my skintone exactly, but because it is a little lighter, this is perfect for any dark spots or my under eyes. This product does tend to rest into pores and wrinkles, so I’d suggest a primer, and the formula is a little oily too. I am definitely not in love with this product, but I could see myself using it when I low on sleep and it really shows. This is great for these busy holidays.



Glamour x Lisa Frank Bitten & Bronzed Matte Bronzer

$4.99 - 6 g    (Full Size!)

When I first saw this product, I had a bit of 90’s nostalgia. Lisa Frank was my girl, and she covered all my folders, binders, and erasers. As for makeup, I think I’ve grown up a bit, so I am not sure how well this will work for me now. This bronzer is quite dark, way too dark for winter, and pretty heavy too. You can blend it out a bit, but the pigments are just too much for my light complexion. This packaging was so fun, but the product is just not for me. I will hand this off to one of my tan friends. They will get a lot more use out of it.



Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Quirky

$29.00 - 0.2 oz    ($7.25 Value)

Now this is what I’m talking about. I love tarte blushes. They are my absolute favorite. The colors are so trendy, and the pigmentation is light, which leaves a natural glow to my face. It’s never obvious that I’m wearing blush at all. I have two colors from this line already, and this will be the perfect one to complete the collection. This coral pink looks great for my skin, and with it’s light orange undertones, this color will work great with fall and summer. I am so happy with this sample, and since it is quite large, it will last me for a long time.





Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s bag. First of all, the makeup bag is so cute, and I will love using it when I go home for the holiday. Second, three of these products were complete wins. That blush is beautiful, the eye shadow looks great with my skin tone, and the mud mask will be a great way to detox my face before and after the holidays. The foundation isn’t great, but I will be able to use it as a concealer. As for the bronzer, it just isn’t for me. This month’s bag has a value of $43.94. That is pretty great for a $10 box, and since I loved three of the five items, and am really happy with that amount.


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different products and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment