Saturday, February 3, 2018

Target Beauty Box November 2017 Review - Hello Pause Button

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of November, and since the holidays are rolling in quickly, I am excited to receive some beauty items to get me ready for the holidays, but also some travel size items perfect for packing when heading home. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription box, because you have to purchase each one when they go on sale, but like subscription boxes, they deliver sample and full size items each month around a theme. I love this box, because it is so inexpensive, and it delivers more affordable health and beauty items that you can purchase at Target.


This month’s theme is “Hello Pause Button.” The holidays can get a little hectic, and even a small break or relaxing moment can make a big difference. These items will help you remove yourself from these crazy days or help you speed up your beauty routine so you have a little time to squeeze in something else. I think this is a great theme for this time of year, and Target offers so many great quick fixes or spa time items at their store. I am hoping for a sheet mask or two and maybe some on multi-use beauty products. I try not to look at the items when I purchase the box, so this should be a bit of a surprise.



Dove Derma Care Scalp Anti-Dandruff 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner

$4.99 - 12 oz    ($0.75 Value)

I normally don’t care too much for 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner products, but I do love dove, so I’ll give it a try. I don’t normally deal with any dandruff, but my scalp can sometimes get dry and itchy, so this should help. With one try during these dryer winter months, I noticed a major improvement with my scalp. It also left a nice soft scent. My favorite part of this sample is the travel sized bottle. These are great for holding onto when you are leaving for the weekend and don’t want to pack those full size shampoo and conditioner bottles. Also, since this is a 2-in-1, you can pack even less.





Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream

$9.99 - 3 oz    ($3.33 Value)

I’ve heard of this brand, but I haven’t had an opportunity to try out many of their products, so I am excited to give this hand cream a try. My hands are always dry, especially during the winter, so I store hand cream in my purse, at the office, and next to my bed stand. This size will work perfectly at any location. Now, onto the product itself. This hand cream is perfect. It is super hydrating, but doesn’t leave your hands greasy, and it smells so nice as well. I love this hand cream, and it might be one of my favorite discoveries from Target Beauty Boxes so far.





MISSHA Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro-Gel Mask

$6.00

Just as I thought, Target included a sheet mask in this month’s box. Sheet Masks are such a simple way to quick fix many problems with your skin, and since they are so easy to apply and remove, you can really do one anywhere. This gel sheet mask helps renew cells to give your face an instant lift. It will help hydrate and remove fine lines as well. I normally don’t notice too much of a difference with sheet masks I’ve tried in the past, but this noticeably revived my face. I would definitely use this again when my skin complexion is dull and I need a quick fix.





Tom's of Maine Creamy Coconut Natural Bar Soap

$3.99 - 5 oz    ($1.08 Value)

While I love all organic and mostly natural products, I haven’t ever been too excited about Toms. It just doesn’t work as well as your normal brands, and I’d rather spend a little more on an organic and natural product that does the job well. Also, I don’t tend to use bars of soap too often, so I don’t know how quickly I will use this. Even though I wasn’t too excited about this product, I am pleasantly surprised. It doesn’t dry out your skin like normal bar soaps, and this would be a great option instead of body wash. It lasts so much longer and is so affordable too.





Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Very Black

$4.49 - 0.44 fl oz    ($1.53 Value)

Wow! I love that Target Beauty Box included this mascara, because it is bringing back so many fun memories. This is the mascara my mother used for years, which also made it the first mascara I used. I don’t think I switched to another brand until college, which makes me laugh. While it is a classic, and it does work well. There are so many other brands and formulas that make your lashes longer, fuller, and curlier. This product is great if you are looking for just a little bit of color and something inexpensive, but there are much better products on shelves now.





La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

$14.99 - 13.5 oz    ($0.56 Value)

At first, I wasn’t what was too great about this product. To me it was just a simple cleanser that cleans your face, which is what they all do, but now that I’ve dealt with more skin irritations, I have grown to appreciate anything that is gentle, especially when other products would normally leave my skin dry and raw. Speaking of dry, this cleanser leaves it fully hydrated, so much that I don’t feel like I need moisturizer right away (even though I do it put it on anyways). This little guy is great for travel as well. It is more than enough to get me through a full week of washes.





Overall, this is a pretty good box. I will definitely use everything, but I would have preferred different formulas and brands for some of these items. I wish the 2-in-1 were just a shampoo or conditioner, because my hair will need a leave-in conditioner in addition to using this. Also, the mascara is nice, but I will reach for others before this almost every time. The bar soap was nicer than I thought, but I don’t know how quickly I will use it. I am in love with both the hand cream and sheet mask. Both are complete wins. The cleanser was great as well. This month’s box has a value of $13.25. That is alright for a $7 box, but not great. I would like the value to be at least double the cost, but I do still have fun checking out all the products.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, check out their website on the first Monday of the month. They sell out quickly, so make sure and grab it once you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment