Saturday, February 3, 2018

Target 12 Days of Beauty 2017 Review


Yea! My Target Beauty Advent Calendar has arrived, and since I love the one from last year, I cannot wait to open each tab as a countdown to Christmas. I love how everyone is getting into the advent calendar game, and this beauty centric one from Target is one of the best. The holidays are always so special, but it is hard to wait for the big day, so these calendars are a great way to give yourself a little treat the twelve days before the big one, but they will also help you prepare, relax, and enjoy the holidays as well. I can’t wait to open each door, and it will be hard to stop at one.



Day 1: Jet Set
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black

$4.49 - 0.43 oz    ($1.57 Value)

Finally, Day 1 is here, and I am just so excited to start this adventure. The excitement quickly dwindled once I opened the door, but a bit of nostalgia hit instead. This is the mascara I grew up using, as it was the mascara my mother used to use (and probably still uses). If you want a basic mascara that adds a touch of color and a little volume, this is for you. As for me, I’ve grown out of this classic mascara and have upgraded to better wands and formulas. This is great for travel, though, and it just might be traveling to my mom’s so I can hand them off to her.





Day 2: Mistletoe Magic
e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator in Mint Maniac

$3.00 - 0.11 oz    (Full Size!)

While this is a cheaper brand, this is a full size item, and one I am really excited to try. My lips get really rough, especially during these dry, winter months, and while I do already own a lip scrub, I don’t use it as much as I’d like, because it isn’t something you can just apply on the go. This moisturizing tube exfoliator is exactly what I needed. Not only does it exfoliate your lips, but the grain dissoves and leaves your lips soft and moisturized. This could easily be traded out for my chapstick all winter. I love this product.





Day 3: Frizz Fix
HASK Argan Oil Healing Shine Hair Treatment

$1.99 - 18 ml    (Full Size!)

Day 3 is kind of a bust for me. While it is a great product, and would be a nice way to refresh during these busy holiday weeks, hair oil is just not for me. My hair is quite thin and flat, but also quite healthy, so hair oil would only weigh it down. I will say, it is a dry oil, so it won’t leave your hair looking wet, and this would be great to use if you struggle with frizz or lack of moisture. I may just use it on my ends the night before a wash. I know that really helps give hair that shine.





Day 4: Pick-Me-Up
ACURE Eye Cream

$9.59 - 1.0 oz    (Full Size!)

Thanks to Target and their beauty boxes, I am a huge fan of ACURE. They pack their products with the best ingredients, and they are simple yet work well. This eye cream does not differ. It is the perfect consistency to moisturize and replenish, and I even noticed my under eyes brightening up. Plus, this is a full size (and quite large) bottle, so this will last forever. What a great way to mask those dark circles you accumulate with a lack of sleep.





Day 5: Instant Glow
Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic

$15.00 - 3.4 fl oz    ($2.21 Value)

This is enough cheap brand that I normally skip over, but I have only heard rave reviews about this item, so I am excited to give it a try. Illuminators have been the hit of 2017, so it just makes since that I end the year by adding another to my collection. I’ve tried their foundation before, and it had literal glitter in it (seriously!), but this tonic has grown up a bit. It leaves your skin full of light and shine, and it even shows up well underneath your makeup. It is healthy for your skin too, and it heals while it works. I really love this product, and I would be interested in picking up the full size bottle.







Day 6: Skin Saver
Vichy Mineral 89 Face Moisturizer

$29.99 - 1.69 oz    ($3.00 Value)

While I have seen this brand around for a while, I have never tried any of their products, so I was excited to open this on Day 6. I expected this face moisturizer to be a cream formula like typical, but instead it is a serum. I wasn’t sure how well this would hydrate my skin, especially during the months it needs moisture the most, but it did a great job. It also heals and replenishes skin at the same time. I think this would be great for night, but it is light enough to wear under makeup. I am glad I got to try out this sample, because I don’t know if I could pay $30 for the full size bottle.




Day 7: Photo Ready
NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Lavender Lust

$7.99 - 0.21 oz    (Full Size!)

For some reason, I was excited about the teaser “Photo Ready,” because I was hoping for some great skincare or blemish covering makeup, but instead it is a lavender highlighter. I guess I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, because this color swatches beautifully. It give your face a tint of pinkish purple without looking too bazar. While I don’t like cream color as much, because I am not great at blending it out, this stick allows you to place color right were you like it. I am going to use this for New Year’s Eve, because it adds just enough shine and would really compliment a party face.





Day 8: R&R
Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Protein Complex Intensely Hydrating Masque

$2.32 - 1.5 oz    (Full Size!)

Again, I wasn’t expecting this with the teaser (I was expecting a sheet mask to be honest), but I am still really happy with the product. This deep conditioner packet is enough for at least three uses, and it does a great job at not only deeply conditioning but repairing months of damage. Every time I use this, my hair is so soft and super shiny. This is a great way to reset your hair after months of product and heat styling, so I may just keep this for the New Year. Plus, this foil packet is a full size item!





Day 9: Time Travel 
Honest Beauty Everything Organic Facial Oil

$55.00 - 1 fl oz    ($1.65 Value)

Oh! This, I was not expecting. I’ve tried out Honest products from the subscription service, and I do know they are now available at target stores, but I did not expect one of these items in this advent calendar. Facial oil change the appearance of my face, and I like to use them at least a few times a week. Honest products are all natural and organic, so not only do I feel great about using this on my face, but I feel like it works even better. This tube is quite small, but it will be enough for a few uses, and I am going to love what it does to my skin.





Day 10: Multitasking Must-Have
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

$5.99

Day 10 is super fun with a beauty tool instead of a beauty product. I use sponges all the time, but they do wear out within a few months, so it is always great to have another on hand. This sponge by Real Techniques has a unique shape, which makes it easier to get into tight spaces but also easily cover my entire face. I don’t love it as much as the classic beauty blender, but you cannot go wrong with this price.




Day 11: Party Prep
Eyelure False Eyelashes Naturals No. 031

$3.74

I don’t normally throw on false eyelashes, but they are great for special events, and since I know a big one coming up really quick, these are welcomed with open arms. I love how these look so natural, but they do wear a little clunky. I wouldn’t exactly reach for these on my wedding day, but for New Year’s Eve, they work perfectly. This little box comes with glue too, so you won’t need to worry about purchasing it separately. I love this little addition, and it was a great surprise to open.  





Day 12: Fresh Start 
Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash

$6.89 - 5 oz    ($0.96 Value)

It’s the last day of the advent calendar, and I am really sad to see it go, but more excited to continue to use everything I received in this collection. Since it is the last day, I was hoping for something great, but instead I received something good. This cleanser is as exciting as it can be, as it is made with natural ingredients, and I am already a huge fan of Pacifica. It does work great, but it dries out my skin slightly. Nothing a little face moisturizer won’t fix though. This wasn’t too exciting, but it is a great way to clean up the mess after the holidays are over.





Overall, I really enjoyed this year’s advent calendar. It delivered a bunch of great products and a lot of diversity. My favorites are the deep conditioning mask, the lip exfoliator, and the eye cream. I was able to try out products I would never purchase in store too, like the lavender highlighter and the face oil. This advent calendar has a value of $44.01. That is great compared to the $15 price, and well worth the excitement of opening up a door each day. I love that Target puts out a beauty advent calendar, and I will continue to buy them until they stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment