Saturday, February 3, 2018

Sephora Play! November 2017 Review - Survival of the Chillest

Yea! My Sephora Play! has arrived for the month of November, and since the holidays are here, I am really excited for a some travel size beauty products ready to up my beauty game. Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box that delivers six beauty samples (one always a perfume) to your door in a drawstring bag for only $10. These boxes usually value around $40, and I love the samples, so it worth much more than the cost. This has quickly become one of my favorite subscription boxes, and I can't wait to check out my samples each and every month. 


This month's theme is "Survival of the Chillest." The holidays are always so hectic and stressful, and you really don't have much time to relax, These products will help make the most of that time you do have, but they will also cut down on your "get ready" time, so you'll have more time to chill. I am definitely a little overwhelmed this time of year, so I would love a few products to help me relax, and these sample sizes are ideal for travel, which I will be doing a lot of the next couple weeks. 



Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

$26.00 - 0.32 oz    ($13.81 Value)

Ohh, la la! I am a huge fan of Marc Jacobs mascara, and this formula seems even more luxe than usual. This mascara promises major volume, and it lives up to the expectations. The wand and formula also does a great job separating and curling lashes as well. This may be one of my favorite mascara's I've ever tried, and the size it great for traveling. Plus, it is difficult to use the entire full size tube before the product expires or starts to clump, so these smaller sized tubes mean no wasted product. This is the perfect start to this box. 




Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask

$35.00 - 2.5 oz    ($2.38 Value)

I wasn’t sure what was in this tiny tube at first, but now that I know it is a clay mask, I am really excited to give it a try. This award winning product exfoliates skin and leaves it refreshed and clear. It also promises to extract pores and calm uneven skin. This definitely exfoliates skin, but is much more gentle than I expected, and within one use, my skin appeared brighter and renewed. I am really surprised with the difference with just 20 minutes. I really like this product, and I wish this jar were just a tad larger. I would like to get a few more uses out of it before I consider repurchasing.





Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo

$22.00 - 5.3 oz    ($3.11 Value)

I love receiving these sample size dry shampoos in my subscription boxes, because they are perfect for traveling. This one comes with open arms, too, because I’ve already sampled and loved this product. The spray doesn’t leave hair full of product or whitened out, but instead soaks up oil almost invisibly. Also, this smells so nice. I really hate when my dry shampoos remind me of dirty hair, but this product gives hair that refreshed scent as well. I will want to use this right away, but I will have to hold onto this until I travel for the holidays.





Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in The Red

$12.50 - 0.14 oz    ($3.13 Value)


While I am never too excited about receiving Sephora’s brand named products, this true red tube lipstick is hard to resist. I love classic red lips, and I am so over the liquid lipstick craze, so this item is absolutely perfect for me. Also, since I’ve never used up a lipstick in my life, this tiny tube is plenty for me, and I won’t have to repurchase until this item expires or I misplace it (which is what normally happens). I love the bluish tones in this color, which brighten teeth, and the colors lasts. I love this product and am finally willing for Sephora to send us more products from their line.



Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer

$45.00 - 1.7 oz    ($9.00 Value)

I cannot stop lusting over this product, and I am so happy I had a chance to try it out. Farmacy products not only arrive in the most luxe packaging, but the formulas are some of my favorites. Made with natural ingredients, this lightweight moisturizer leaves skin hydrated and radiant, and with special ingredients like Echinacea and cupuacu butter, this will soften and heal skin as well. Plus, the light scent is really nice. This is my dream moisturizer, and I am going to love using up this sample.





Burberry My Burberry Blush

$90.00 - 1.6 oz    ($3.38 Value)


While many people don’t love these perfume samples, they are my favorite addition, because I love mixing up my scent by mood, event, and season. This floral by Burberry isn’t exactly something I would expect to love, but it is just the right amount of sweet and feminine without being too much. This perfume has key notes of pomegranate, rose, and jasmine which make it romantic and refreshing. I could see myself wearing this on date night or to a bridal event. I wish this scent tied in better with the season, but I can easily just hold onto this scent until spring.



Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box. The mascara and moisturizer are my favorites, while the lipstick, dry shampoo, and clay mask are all great as well. Really, the only true item I didn’t love is the perfume, but I will still use it when I’m in the mood. This month’s box has a value of $34.84. That is a little low for this subscription but still great for a $10 box. Also, since I really like all of the products, I am not too worried about how much it’s all worth.



If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out so many brands and products at such a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment