Saturday, February 10, 2018

Walmart Beauty Box Fall 2017 Review

Yea! My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for the fall season and IT. WAS. LATE. These usually arrive sometime late September or early October, but this arrived in December. That is when the winter box normally arrives. Even so, I am excited that it is finally here, and I can't wait to dig into everything inside. Walmart Beauty Box delivers a variety of full size, travel size, and foil samples to your door for only $5 shipping. These never have amazing value, but I love trying out new products at affordable prices.


While these boxes never have a theme, they deliver products perfect for the season and items that are good for all year round. Since we are into winter, and this is a fall box, I am hoping that most of these products would be great anytime of the year, but even if they are curated to fall, I think they can easily transition into winter. Let's check out everything inside. 




$2.50 - 0.35    (Full Size!)

I love products that work while you sleep, and this sleeping mask does just that. While it acts more like a moisturizer, this mask goes on like a night cream, but instead of soaking into skin, it leaves a light layer on your face that helps hydrate and replenish skin while you sleep. Just rinse it off in the morning. I really like this product, and I've gotten five uses out of this packet, so it is all around a win. 




$9.97 - 13 fl oz & 11.97 - 12 oz    ($1.46 Value)

While I don't have curly hair, I know these products have to attract a wide demographic, so I am alright with items like this. I do love Shea Moisture products, though, because of their conscious ingredients, and I am sure this shampoo will still work great with my hair. My hair definitely had a little more texture with this product, and I like how it cleaned well while leaving a light scent. I don't think I will be purchasing this product, but it was nice to try, and this larger travel bottle is a great size to pack for longer weekend trips. 




$4.88 - 4.2 oz    ($0.99 Value)

This isn't my first experience with Hello toothpaste, and I have to say, it just isn't for me. I switched from my normal Crest to this organic product, and my teeth started to ache. I feel like they just didn't clean as well as your typical toothpaste. Since this is travel size, I may bring it with my for a weekend trip, but I will never use this toothpaste long-term again. I do like that they are including all natural products in their boxes, though.




$7.86 - 10 oz    ($1.18 Value)

I rarely use hairspray, and when I do, it is usually for a wedding or event that takes me on the road. This travel size is perfect for packing up whether it be for an overnight bag or a longer weekend trip. I don't particularly like the strong hold. It leaves my hair crispy and unmanageable, but this would be ideal for a tight updo. This will be good to have once the need arises.  




$0.97 - 12 count    (Full Size!)

While this isn't exactly an exciting product, it is so practical, and the travel case is something I never knew I needed. I use these flossers every day at home, but there have been so many times that I've needed to floss at work or on the go, and I didn't have any on me. This floss kit fits easily in my purse, and I can refill from my larger pack anytime I run out. I will be happy to have these when I am traveling too. This may sound silly, but this is my favorite discovery from the box. 




$4.97 - 5.5 oz    ($0.68 Value)

I've always thought of Gold Bond as an older man's brand, but I am really impressed with this product. I always have hand cream with me: in my purse, at work, by my bed, so I welcome this product with open arms. Unlike most creams, this is light and airy yet quenches my skin. It also smells really nice too. Not perfumey, but fresh and clean. This is another great discovery from this season's box, and I would even consider purchasing the full size version. I will happily use this travel size bottle until then. 




$14.95 - 1.8 fl oz    ($1.32 Value)

I do love receiving perfume samples in my subscription boxes, because I love changing up my scent by my mood, the season, or the event, so I love having a ton of options. One signature scent can get so boring. This scent duo is on the cheaper side, and while it probably won't be something I reach for right away, I love the concept. These two fragrances can be worn alone or together for a completely new scent. I wouldn't think these two perfumes would smell good together, but they compliment each other well. I'm truly surprised. Also, these are larger samples, so you'll really get a lot of use out of these. 




$5.48 - 13.5 oz & $7.99 - 16.9 oz    ($0.20 Value)

I am a hardcore fan of in shower body lotions, because they work really well, and they cut down my nightly routine, so even though this is a foil sample, I am happy to have more at my disposeur. Your skin allows more moisturizer to soak into skin when it is wet, so it not only cuts down on time, but it works better. I've only ever tried unscented or the classic scent, so I am excited to see how long a scented product will work. Also, I really hate traveling with foil packets, but this would be great for a weekend trip, especially since you wouldn't have to pack your body lotion as well.  




$24.93 - 1.7 oz    ($0.29 Value)

This is yet another foil sample, and really a one time use product, but I am excited to try it out. I normally don't spend too much extra on my facial moisturizers, but I do love trying out these luxe products. This promises to hydrate while it corrects tone and evens out redness and dark spots. I am really not able to see the product work with only one use, but I love how it feels like silk on my skin. I will say it hydrated nicely too. 


Overall, this is a pretty good box. I love that there are so many travel items that I can hold onto until my next trip, and there were a few products that I've never tried before and really enjoyed. the hand cream, sleeping mask, and travel floss kit were my favorites, while I am not too happy about zero makeup products, there were two full size items in this box. This box has a value of $9.59, but that is only going off the value of the product from the full size item, and not the value of the travel sized product. Either way, a $10 value is just alright, but since this box only cost $5, I am not too worried about that. I am excited to see what's inside the winter box. I hope it's not delayed too.


If you want to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to sample many products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment