Saturday, February 3, 2018

BoxyCharm November 2017 Review - Sweater Weather

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of November, and since the holidays are right around the corner, these boxes always feel a bit more special. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least four (but almost always five or more) full size beauty products to your door for $21. Each month is curated around a theme, and the box always values over $100. I think this the most favorited subscription box out there, and there is a reason why. It is just great. I look forward to this box every month, and I can’t wait to check it out.


This month’s theme is “Sweater Weather.” I am all about this time of year. There is something so special about the weather turning and the days getting shorter that make you just want to cuddle up indoors or rock that sweater in this cool crisp air. Fall means warmer and darker tones with what you wear on your face and your body, so this month’s box will help you warm up your makeup as well. I am hoping for a great lip color or maybe some heavier moisturizer, because cooler air always means dryer skin. This theme was made for me, so I can’t wait to dig in.



Luxie Beauty Quad Eye Travel Set

$32.00

While this quad set of brushes are on the smaller size, they are truly everything you need for a complete eye look. With different density and size, you can create any eyeshadow look. While these don’t feel as expensive or full size, because they were created for travel, these brushes work just as well as those with longer handles. Plus, you can easily travel with them, which is the main point of it all. I really like this set of brushes and the versatility. These will go with me everywhere, and I will probably reach for them first while getting ready at home too.




Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray

$31.00 - 4 oz

Illuminators are the hit of 2017, and you normally see them as primers or foundations, which often get covered, so I love seeing it as a setting spray. It really makes so much sense. I really don’t enjoy the spray part of these products, but once it dries this formula does a great job at holding your hard work into place, but it also leaves a light illumination. I don’t know how often I will be wanting this look, but I think it would be great for a night out when you want to glam it up a bit. I will probably keep this around for summer when shimmer and bronze are all the rage.





Winky Lux Kitten Palette

$25.00 - 0.45 oz

The best part of this subscription box are the amount of palettes they include throughout the year. I seriously never have to purchase any one my own, because these boxes meet any urge I may have. Let’s talk about this packaging. It is so cute and feminine, and I am going to make sure to keep this out on display for everyone to enjoy. Also, these colors inside are great. I love the mixture of basics and bold from light to dark. You will really be able to create so many looks with this one palette. This may be one of my favorite eye shadow palettes I’ve received from BoxyCharm, and I am going to get great use out of this.





LAQA & Co. Cloud Lips in Storm

$17.00 - 2.6 g

Alright, I asked for a dark lip, and BoxyCharm delivered, but I am not sure if I can pull off this look. On a positive note, liquid lipstick have been the thing of late, but I don’t love how these formulas dry out my lips, so I am excited to see your classic tube. This packaging is also so beautiful. I would love carrying this around in my purse. After first swatch, I am so much happier with this color. It isn’t as dark as it appears, but instead wears like a wine red. This is a great surprise after what seemed like a total fail. I’m so happy.





KNC Beauty Collagen Lip Masks

$15.00 - 3 pack

After the month’s and month’s of sheet mask selfies, lip mask selfies have been surfacing, and I’ve been wanting to try one ever since. This lip mask is pretty fun. It is shaped like giant lips, so get your camera ready. You have to leave it on for about 15 minutes and you can’t eat or drink, so I didn’t love staring at my wine glass during this time. I was really impressed with the results. My lips were hydrated, scrubbed of dead skin, and fuller than usual. It is like I got a shot. This didn’t last very long though, and less than 24 hours my lips were back to normal, but they were fun to use, and I like that I have a few others when I’m feeling a little insecure about my thin lips.





Overall, I am so happy with this month’s box. The eye shadow palette is so fun, and I love all the colors inside. The lipstick and lip mask were a fun surprise too. They will both be used all month long. The brush quad is the perfect set for any eye shadow look, and I will be using this with the palette I just received. The setting spray is really nice, but I don’t know how much I will use it. I do like that it is a product for the top of your makeup instead of underneath like many others. This month’s box has a value of $120. That is amazing for a box that only costs $120. And, since I will be using almost every product, That is a total win. I can’t wait to see what December has in store.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is honestly the best subscription box out there, and the value is outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment