Saturday, October 8, 2016

Birchbox The Mask Magic Kit Review

I freaking love masks, so I could not pass on this Limited Edition Box. Along with Birchbox’s subscription boxes and online store, they also curate Limited Edition Boxes for themes all across the board. That includes the best of K-Pop beauty, the best products to hide your pores, and another favorite, fragrance flights to test out the best in new fragrances. This is the second mask kit, and also the second I’ve purchased, so I am excited to see and test out what this new addition has to offer. (I have a feeling you can now start to see my obsession.) Plus, it’s such a great value. It only costs $20 and has a value over $50! What a great way to try out a bunch of great products at a great price.



Along with the masks, each of the Limited Edition Boxes comes with a description card. This one is really helpful, because it lists out some ingredients, what ailments it will help correct, and how long to leave it on. As I can already see, there is a great collection of masks in here to help everything from dry and dull skin to clearing acne and purifying. Also, there are sheet masks, peels, and your typical wash away formulas, so they really hit all the bases. I couldn’t imagine a better put together box, and I can’t wait to try these all out.



Dr. Jart+ Dermask Firming Solution Body Heat Thermosensitive Cellulose Gel Mask

$9.00 - 1 mask    (Full Size!)

First off, these masks are so expensive, so I really couldn’t justify purchasing them outside of these Limited Edition Boxes. Second, I cannot wait to try this out. Activated by your own body heat, this mask releases powerful ingredients such as collagen and elastin to help firm those wrinkles and sag. I know that Dr Jart+ always delivers, so even though this masks sounds like it’s farfetched, I believe it could actually work. I will be saving this when I’m feeling when my skin needs that extra boost right before a big event. Since it is basically a miracle mask, I want to save it for a special event.



PETER THOMAS ROTH Cucumber Gel Mask

$52.00 - 5 oz    ($10.40 Value)

I am always looking for a mask that will calm my aggravated skin, and I think I’ve found the cure. With ingredients such as cucumber, papaya, chamomile, and aloe, this mask is perfect for calming skin after too much sun, a facial peel, or even to tackles those red marks after popping zits. It will treat dryness and detoxify skin as well. They suggest tossing it in the fridge for ultra-cooling effects. I do appreciate this is a 10 minutes mask, because I am sometimes in a rush. Also, I could definitely use some aloe masks for when my skin get a little burned from not applying enough SPF (darn me). Within one use, my skin felt refreshed and hydrated, but most importantly, it took that red into a less noticeable pink. I really like this mask and will keep in in the fridge to use after a trip to the beach.




SKINFOOD Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

$10.00 - 3.5 oz    ($1.03 Value)

This exfoliated mask will also remove dead skin and blackheads all while hydrating your face and smelling amazing. This reminds me of the holidays, with its sweet and luxurious scent, which is perfect now that we’ve officially hit fall. Also, it is so affordable if I do ever want to purchase more. I was surprised at this product’s exfoliating properties, which left my skin super soft, but it didn’t dehydrate like normal scrubs. Instead, my skin felt renewed and refreshed. I really like this mask, and it wouldn’t be anything I’d usually pick out on my own. I am definitely going to use this when I notice those blackheads popping up or my skin looking and feeling dull. 




Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

$32.00 - 50 ml    ($6.40 Value)

This is a mask that I’ve actually already tried before, but I did love it, so I am happy to receive some more. Also, this is a peel, which is always fun to receive. I just love being able to peel away the dead skin. It brings an extra amount of job. With ingredients such as alpha hydroxyl acids and honey (duh!), this mask will help promote a clear complexion, it will reduce wrinkles, and it also helps improve the overall look and feel of skin. I will say, my skin is extra soft every time I’ve used this in the past, but it has an added glow as well. I didn’t realize this helps with acne, which is a real concern of mine as of late, so I’d be happy to use this when  pimple pops up. I am happy with this sample, and I will be reaching for this all the time. 



The Organic Pharmacy Purifying Seaweed Clay Mask

$70.00 - 40 ml    ($12.25 Value)

This is another expensive mask, so I am really happy to try it out in sample form. I get the same results, but I don’t have to break the bank as well. This seaweed, clay mask will calm redness and reenergize tired skin all while drawing out impurities. This mask is also great to get rid of access oil and those unwanted blackheads. I love clay masks, so this was the first one I pulled out of the box, and applied it right away. Within 20 minutes my skin looked amazing. I know that may be too much for some of you so only use this when you have some time. I noticed that redness had disappeared, excess oil was gone, and my skin had a new glow. I really like this mask, and I will definitely use it as much as I can.




Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask

$24.00 - 50 ml    ($7.20 Value)

I’ve actually received this product in the past before, and I have to say, I am excited to receive it again. While they claim this as being a mask, I would consider it more as a cleaner. On dry, clean skin, apply on skin and leave for up to two minutes. Afterwards, use the muslin cloth and warm water to remove by using small circles. With just two minutes, this product will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated and looking radiant. I will say, this formula does work well, and the tiny beads mixed with the muslin cloth work deep into pores and easily washes away dead skin. The creamy formula tends to not wash off all the way, which many not bother you, but I prefer a fresh, and product free face after using a mask. This is definitely a great product, and the mask works wonders. Plus, you receive a bonus muslin cloth. 




Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel

$48.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($4.80 Value)

This another mask that I’ve tried before, and boy did I love it. While many would call it a mask, it works like a peel, and will uncover a new layer of fresh skin. This acid free formula will gently work away dead skin while evening tone and smoothing rough patches. By rubbing it in circles around your face, neck and décolleté, the gel will work away the top layer of your skin that helps reduce the appearance of scars, dark spots, and rosacea. I have to say, this works wonders. I am always amazed at how well this works, and I love using it every once in a while when my skin needs some extra love. I am really happy with this peel, and I will use ever last bit. It is also safe for sensitive skin.



Overall, I am really happy with this Limited Edition Box. It has such a great variety of sheet masks, peels, clay masks, gel masks, and cleansers. They will help you with acne, dryness, dullness, purifying, wrinkles, and age marks. I will use each and every last drop of these mask as needed, and I know these next few months will come with beautiful skin. With a discount, I only paid $16 for this box, so it’s value of $51.08 is absolutely amazing. I know this won’t be their last box, and it also won’t be the last purchase.


If you would like to try this Limited Edition Box for yourself, just click here. It would also make a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment