Saturday, October 8, 2016

Walmart Beauty Box Fall 2016 Review

Yea! My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for Fall, and I am really excited to see what is inside. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal subscription that delivers drugstore and generic beauty samples, and sometimes full size items, to your door for only $5. This box is so cheap, and I think it is great to try out more affordable brands that can replace those high end products, so it is a win for me. The value isn’t always the best, but it is always worth more than I spent, and it is always worth it to try out all these great new beauty products. They do have two different boxes to choose from now, Trendsetter and Classic, and this is the first time the boxes are completely different, so I am considering purchasing two subscriptions going forward.


Unlike most subscription boxes, Walmart Beauty Box has no theme, but I guess it goes along with the seasons. Also, it doesn’t have an itemized card, which means I have to go online and research to find prices, how to use, and product specialties. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory, so this isn’t necessary, but this would be nice. I almost enjoy the no frills portion of this subscription box, because it really is just about the samples. Also, it is so cheap, I would hate for the price to go up for these added things.





$2.00 - 0.85 oz    (Sample Size)

I've actually tried this toothpaste before, and I had to stop using it, because it wasn't giving my teeth that full clean like I am used to, and my teeth were actually starting to hurt. Also, this is supposedly whitening, but it really doesn't whiten all that much better than a normal toothpaste. I hate to say it, but this natural product just doesn't work, and I don't even think I'll be using this sample. That is a bummer, because these sample toothpastes are perfect for travel, and completely practical. 




$5.47 - 22 oz    ($0.45 Value)

I've tried Dove body wash before in the past, but nothing from this pampering line. I've already enjoyed how creamy and soothing their normal body wash can be, so I can only imagine how luxurious this is going to be. First off, this smells so light, pure, and sweet. I can see how that scent along could turn a simple shower into a relaxing and luxurious soak. Also, this is so creamy. It felt great going on my skin, but also left my skin soft and moisturized through the day. I am loving this sample, and I would be happy to purchase the full size product the next time I need to restock. I am so happy this was included in this box.




$4.99 - 5 oz    ($1.00 Value)

Even though I haven't purchased this brand in a while, I am already a big fan. I used to purchase their products as a teenager, but now that my skin has started producing extra oil and more acne, I think this is perfect timing. This "mask" is for use in the shower, and you only have to leave it on for a minute. The steam from the shower will activate the deep clean, all while you wash other parts of your body. This did make my face feel extra clean, and I did notice less breakouts and oil with continued use. I will say, this product did dry out my skin just a little, so I would suggest using moisturizer after every use, but for me, that is already a part of my routine. 



Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin

$5.37 - 3 oz    ($0.90 Value)

To be honest, I've known of this brand almost all my life, but I've never tried out their products. This body moisturizer is for dry and sensitive skin, so even easily irritated skin can use this product. I expected this to be a thick cream, but instead is very light. Also, it rubs into skin very easily, and does leave your skin feeling moisturized. This is a pretty small sample, so I would probably need double this amount to cover my entire body, but this would be great to have in my purse when I need that extra moisture, and I can't wait until I get home. I am happy with this product, and I may even purchase the full size in the future. 




Batiste Clean & Classic Original Dry Shampoo

$5.94 - 6.73 oz    ($1.41 Value)

This is another product that I've purchased before, but unlike the first, I love this brand so much, and this product works wonders. I have really thin hair that looks greasy within hours of washing, so in order to skip a wash, dry shampoo is a must. This sprays out a thin layer of powder that does a great job of soaking up oil and giving hair volume. The smell isn’t my favorite, and now kind of reminds me of dirty hair, but it isn’t bad, and won’t bring up those thoughts in a new user. My only other complaint about this product is how quickly it gets used up. I swear I have to purchase a new full sized product every two weeks. This one in particular will be perfect for travel.






$9.90 - 80 gummies    ($0.25 Value)

This isn't your average vitamin but  will specifically help grow and glow beautiful hair, skin, and nails. I do take a multivitamin, but sometimes I notice that my hair is looking less lustrous, my skin is dull, and my nails are thin and brittle. I am so happy that a product like this exists, because I would love to take vitamins that specifically make me look and feel great. The second best part of these vitamins, they are gummies, so you don’t have to swallow a large pill, and they are also pretty tasty. You can taste the vitamin flavor, but it isn’t overpowering. I would definitely consider purchasing a full size bottle of these. Why not look great along with feeling great?!





$4.97 - 20 fl oz    ($0.50 Value)

This product could not have come at a better time. I have started an intense workout, and I am feeling really exhausted and achy. To use, just throw under running water, and it will create a soft and soothing bath. I soaked for about 15 minutes, and I was feeling wonderful afterwards, and I think I even slept better. I woke up ready to take on the day, AND another workout. Also, I only used half of this sample, so I will have plenty to use again next week. They also recommend using in a foot bath for someone that doesn’t have time for a bath, or I guess a bath at all. I remember a time when I only had a shower. This is a great product, and once again, I think I will be purchasing the full size version.





$6.98 - 25 cloths    ($0.28 Value)

I normally use bar soap to clean my brushes, and I've never heard of this product before, but I am really excited to try it out. This wipe will remove all the leftover makeup residue, bacteria, and pore clogging dirt from your brushes to get them back into like new condition. About twice a week, I will stand over my sink with a bar of soap and wash every single one of my brushes. This wipes takes cleaning your brushes anywhere, even on the go. Also, it uses much less water, so I would consider it more environmentally friendly. This did do a nice job of cleaning the brush, but I felt like it didn’t get the brush clean all the way through like soap and water could. Also, this does not work on a beauty blender. I don’t know if these are convenient enough to purchase, but it was nice to sample.





$19.58 - 18 count    ($1.09 Value)

This isn’t the first, second, or even third time I’ve sampled this product before. They actually come free in a lot of my magazines, but that also means I receive enough to not have to purchase, and I look forward to them arriving. This pore strip sits on your nose for about 15 minutes until it is hard like paper mache and you peel it off. This actually is a little painful, and I think it pulled some of my hair off my nose. I did notice less blackheads over all, and a much clearer surface, so I am happy. Next time I think I’m going to wet it slightly before peeling it, because that hurt!



This season’s box is great, and I am really happy with all the products. This just seems higher end to me, and I could easily compare it to the Target Beauty Box, a subscriber favorite. The body wash, shower mask, bath soak, and vitamin gummies have become instant favorites, and it is also nice to receive travel size products of brands I already use and love. There isn’t a product that I don’t love or won’t use, so this was a win all around. This month’s box has a value of $7.88, which isn’t that high, but it is more than I spent, so I’m happy. They usually have a slightly higher value, but I’m alright with this amount since I really like the variety and brands of the beauty products inside.



If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box, just click here. It is a great way to try out new products and brand, but also to stock up on your travel size needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment