Sunday, October 16, 2016

Target Beauty Box October 2016 Review

Yeah! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of October, and I am excited to try out all the new products inside. Target Beauty Box is a monthly, non-subscription, box that comes out each month on a first-come first-served basis. They usually go on sale the first Monday of the month or the last Monday of the previous month and range from $5 to $10. Recently, they’ve run $7.50, which is a great price for the value of their samples, travel size, and full size products. They deliver seven to ten beauty products each month, so you really get a chance to try out many different things. I can’t wait to see what it inside.



This month’s theme is Autumn's A-List. Autumn is my favorite season, and I look forward to the temperature change, the fashion, and the beauty products every year. It is time to break out those wine and brown shades and begin a new moisturizing routine, so I really hope we have some great products to get us ready. Target Beauty Box didn’t begin with a theme, which was a bummer, but they still aren’t too exciting. I do like that they keep it generic, though, so the products can actually match the month and all the activities it brings. Along with the theme, Target Beauty Box delivers an itemized card that describes each item. These aren’t too necessary, since they are all pretty selfexplanitory, but still, it is nice to keep as a memory. They don’t have prices, which I don’t love, but I understand that costs change location to location.




EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo

$7.79 - 8 fl oz    ($1.95 Value)

When searching for a shampoo, I am obsessed with finding something that will give me volume, correct brassiness, or protect color treated hair, but I usually don’t think about getting a deep, clarifying, and invigorating clean. Really, that is what I mainly want with a shampoo, so I am already wrapped up in this product. This product will remove all traces of dirt and oil build up while alleviating your dry and itchy scalp. Plus, it smells fresh and clean, so your hair will smell the way it feels. I am really excited about this product and loved how my hair felt after one use. I could feel the tingling and cooling clean. I usually keep these samples for travel, but I think this one will be going straight into my shower. What a great product.




EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Conditioner

$7.79 - 8 fl oz    ($1.95 Value)

I am really excited to receive a travel size conditioner from the shampoo’s line in the same box. Boxes like to give you a foil sample of the conditioner, one from a different brand, or none at all. I think it is important to use the coordinating condition with the shampoo to get the best results from both products. This super moisturizing, natural conditioner will increase scalp circulation leaving you refreshed and renewed. Surprisingly enough, it will also leave your hair full of volume and will also decrease split ends. Those are two of my biggest enemies. I am enjoying this conditioner, and again would purchase the full size the next time I’m in need. This tube would be great for traveling as well.





Derma e Hydrating Day Creme

$20.99 - 2 oz    ($5.25 Value)

I am already a huge fan of Derma e, and I love how they supply natural skincare at an affordable price. This HUGE sample of moisturizing day cream will work throughout the day to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles all while giving you the perfect amount of moisture. I thought this might be even a little thicker, but the formula is really light. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t moisturize well, though, because my face felt fully moisturized. Also, it is proven to protect against free radicals and keep your face moisturized throughout the day. I am a huge fan of this product, and could easily see it replacing my go to day face cream. If only it contained SPF. 





wet n wild Pro Line Graphic Marker Eyeliner

$3.99 - 0.08 oz    (Full Size!)

I wear eyeliner maybe once a month, so this product does not relate to me at all. I do have to say, this is full size, which is great, and it really add to the value of the box. Also, this tip makes it easy and fun to really play up or play down your eyeliner. I have yet to use it on my eyes, but it seemed to last while on my hand. I would normally think of wet n wild as a cheap and child’s brand, but I’ve been impressed with their products lately. I think it is a great brand to pick out trendy colors or those beauty products you won’t wear as often, because there really is no need to splurge when you won’t get your money’s worth. I will probably be passing this along to a friend.





ChapStick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in Rose Petal

$4.99 - 0.12 oz    (Full Size!)

Out of all the samples, this one is what I’m most excited about. I love wearing lip color, but during these cool Fall and Winter months, my lips are so dry and chapped, and lip color looks terrible on top of that. So where do I turn, tinted lip moisturizer. I always keep a few in my purse, but I’ve never tried this brand, nor do I have one in this color. The rose is beautiful and perfect for fall. Also, it is really subtle, so no one has to know your wearing anything at all. This does do the trick of keeping my lips moisturized and full all the same time. I really like this product, and I am excited about trying out all their colors. At that price, why not?!





Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Coconut Oil

$6.19 - 10 oz    ($1.24 Value)

I’ve used this product a few times, but always in foil samples, so this travel size bottle is great to see. Wet skin moisturizers take the labor out of applying body lotion, as you quickly rub over your wet skin before exiting the shower. Since your body is more allowable to accepting moisture when it is wet, this is really the best time to do it anyways. During the Fall and Winter, I have to apply body lotion from head to toe after every shower, and this sometimes takes five minutes. In the shower, it is about a 10 second addition. Also, my skin feels just as moisturized as when I apply the thick cream head to toe. I love this new invention, and when I do need to purchase some, this will be my go to.





Laneige BB Cushion in Light, Medium, and Dark

$34.00 - 1.05 oz    ($7.12 Value)

I have used cushion foundation before, and I really like the coverage it delivers. Unfortunately, it does make your skin a little more dewy than your normal liquid, so it you’re going for a matte look, this may not be for you. I was wondering how they were going to deliver a sample of this product, since everyone has different skin tones, but this was perfect. They give you a sample of light, medium, and dark. For me, I am somewhere between light and medium, so by dabbing a bit of each, I get the perfect color match. I do have to say, this did give me perfect color coverage, but on the other hand, it was dewy just as much as other cushions I’ve tried before. I think I’d rather stick with my normal foundation, but this was great to try.




Overall, this is a great box. I love everything except the eyeliner, and I think the products perfect for our transition into fall. I am in love with that day face moisturizer, and I may have found my go to shampoo and conditioner. That tinted lip moisturizer was great as well, and I would love to try out the different tints. Really, the only thing I didn’t love is eyeliner, just because I don’t ever really use it. This month’s box has a value of $26.49. I spent $7.00, so this is really a great deal, and a great value. Plus, you know travel sizes cost more than I estimated, so this might even have a value better than that. I hope November is half this good.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, check out their website Monday at the end or beginning of the month. That is normally when they go on sale. Check often, though, because they do sell out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment