Thursday, October 20, 2016

BoxyCharm October 2016 Review - Boxy Bazaar

Yes! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of October, and I am excited to see what is inside. October is my favorite month of the year, and Autumn subscription boxes tend to be the best, so I have high hopes for this month. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least four, but usually five, full size beauty products to your door for the price of $21. It usually has a value of $100, which surprises me each and every time, so you really get your monies worth. Also, the products are higher end and go well with the theme. I seriously don’t have a single bad thing to say about this box. I hope it’s a good one. Fingers crossed!


Like I said, BoxyCharm has a theme each month to go along with their products. Unlike most boxes, BoxyCharm takes their theme seriously and shapes their products around that month’s inspiration. Also, their themes are usually pretty creative and spot on. This month’s theme is Boxy Bazaar. The circus / freak show theme goes along with this month’s most favored holiday, Halloween, but also, the warm tones and maybe surprisingly sparkly colors would blend in perfectly with the outdoor circus setting. I am hoping for some warm brown face powders and possibly a stand out color to get me in the mood for Fall. Along with the theme, each box comes with a descriptive card that explains in detail each item, their uses and some ingredients. They also include price, because that is always important to know if you are in the market for another.



Luxie Beauty Eye Blender Brush Pack 

$36.00

I’ve been a smudge brush owner for a while now, and while I seem to keep getting more, I’ve been looking into purchasing a few other shadow brushes to help create a more detailed look. This kit is perfect to create your own masterpiece with a small tapered blending brush, blending brush, large tapered blending brush. First of all, I am excited to see that there isn’t another smudge brush, because the world knows I don’t need another, but the versatile sizes and brush densities give you a lot of styling room. I like this brush kit, and while I am not sure how these go with the theme, I am sure they will work perfectly to create your fall smokey eye or even to perfect your Halloween costume makeup. I will definitely get a lot of use out of these. 




Temptu Shimmer Bronzer 

$29.50 - 1 fl oz 

This bottle of liquid bronzer is created specifically for an airbrush system, but you don’t need the expensive device to get your perfect bronzer look. By applying to your foundation, or simply just dabbing straight to your face, this bronzer gives you a flawless look. They also suggest mixing with your body lotion to add bronze and shimmer to your arms or legs. To me, this shimmer isn’t exactly what I would pick out on my own, and wouldn’t work with my daily look, but I could see myself wearing this on big nights out, or even to really give my Halloween costume an added dose of jazz. This isn’t what I would have picked out on my own, and I have no idea how I am going to go through this entire bottle, but it was definitely a fun product to try out. Plus, this alone is worth more than the cost of the box, so it has a great added value. 




Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection & Heat Protectant Creme

$24.00 - 4 oz

I actually blow dry my hair on low to give my hair the least amount of damage as possible, and so this product is great for me. I am already a fan of Briogeo, and have used up entire bottles of their leave in and deep conditioners. The scent is always light and clean just as the product itself. This leave in conditioner is no different. The formula is really light, so it won’t weigh down your hair, and it smells really fresh. I haven’t noticed a big difference while using this protectant cream, but I am sure I will see less scorched hair and less overall damage after a while. Also, my hair felt a little lighter and more volumous with this in, so it did not create any weight at all. I like this products, and I will definitely continue to use.  




Japonesque Pro Performance Lip Lacquer in Shade 05

$20.00 - 0.18 fl oz

This hot pink doesn’t exactly speak fall, but it does give me that pop of color that I was itching for when I saw this month’s theme. Japonesque is a brand that has been popping up everywhere, and I have a feeling it is going to be huge. Their products are high quality, and their colors are always on trend, so this many be the next hot brand. I do have to say, they don’t give their colors names, but instead just list them by number, which isn’t really fun at all, and it is a little more difficult to understand the color without trying it on first. I’m not much of a lip lacquer girl, I much prefer the tinted moisturizer, but this is a great product, and I am sure many subscribers are going to go crazy for this item. I am going to pass this along to someone who would like it a little more. 




IBT Beauty Three's Company Trio Eye Shadow

$19.00 - 0.12 oz

I have never heard of this brand before, but I already like what I see, and this is an instant favorite from this month’s box. First of all, the palette is super sleek and pretty compact. I could see myself taking this with me everywhere I go. Also, the three colors are beautiful. There is a shimmery highlighter, and burnt metallic copper, and a matte brown. Seriously, this is everything I would ever want. I can’t wait to use this new palette with my new brushes, especially during these cool, fall months. Everything turns brown this time of year, so why not my eyes. I hope to see a lot more from this brand, but in the meantime, I will be using the crap out of this palette. 


Overall, this month exactly top five, but I am really, and I mean really, happy with three of the products. I cannot stop raving about that eye shadow trio palette, and the brush set with definitely get instant use. The hair protectant from one of my favorites, Briogeo, is also great. I know I will have much healthier hair while using that product. Unfortunately, the lip lacquer color isn’t my favorite, and I don’t really care for sticky lip colors, and the shimmery bronzer isn’t something that I will be using too often. If only it didn’t have shimmer! Loving three of the five products is still great, and they are well worth the cost. This month’s box has a value of $128.50. I seriously don’t make this stuff up. BoxyCharm is one of my favorite boxes each and every month, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for November. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to build up your beauty collection at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment