Sunday, October 16, 2016

Birchbox October 2016 Review - Revive and Restore

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of October, and I am really excited to try out all these samples. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five sample size, and sometimes full size, beauty products to my door for the low price of $10. I think this is a great way to try out many different brands and products at a low price. For subscribers, Birchbox offers you to pick one of your samples from their offer of three to five, pick the curated box that works perfectly with the theme, or do nothing and be completely surprised. I normally pick one of my samples, but I loved each and every product from the curated box, so I just had to go for it. There is no surprise, but at least I know I’ll like what I get.


This month’s theme is Revive and Restore. I think it is important to take time to yourself, and overall, these are my favorite types of beauty products. I often do a spa day at home, so anytime I get to relax and better myself, it is well appreciated. Birchbox says this theme is all about slowing down, getting cozy, and using rejuvenating products to make yourself look and feel great. This box was seriously built for me, and I think these products will be as well. Along with the theme, Birchbox delivers an itemized card that describes all the products, gives some ingredients, and also gives you their price. This is so necessary for me, since I am not always sure what the products are and how to use, but I also want to know how it is going to cost me when I buy the full size item. This is also where I would normally talk about points as well, but those no longer exist.



GLAMGLOW POWERMUD Dualcleanse Treatment

$69.00 - 1.7 oz    ($20.29 Value)

First off, this sample alone has a value of $20. That is twice the cost of the box, so the value is already there. Second, I freaking love masks. I love masks so much, and I really use one at least every other day. I love getting that deep clean and purifying my skin. Plus, they are soothing, and really get me to sit down and unwind after a crazy long day. Starting out as mud, this mask will purify your skin, but as soon as you add water, it turns into an oil cleanse that gently deep cleans. To top it all off, your skin will be velvety soft after one use. I hear Glam Glow products aren’t as good for your skin and they lead up to be, but people rave about this mask, so I am excited to add it to my collection. Seriously, what revive and relax box would be complete without a mask. Birchbox, you are on a roll. 




Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Cream RICH

$32.00 - 1.35 oz    ($11.85 Value)

My skin gets so dry during these cool temperate months, so I really require some added moisture during these times. Also, I use a face cream every single day, so this sample is already so practical. With ingredients like shea and lipomucine, this cream will deeply nourish your face while creating a natural moisture barrier and balancing hydration levels throughout the day. I think this is great, because sometimes my skin gets just a tad oily, and this could really keep that from happening. It also softens and soothes skin without irritation. I think this does work really well, and I could get used to using such an amazing product every single day. It didn’t help much with my oil, but the temperature hasn’t dropped that much, so I will probably save this for winter. 




This Works deep sleep pillow spray

$29.00 - 2.5 oz    ($1.97 Value)

I have already made my own concoction of this product that I use weekly. Whenever I know it is going to be a tough night to catch some Z’s, I spray this on my pillow and within minutes I am out. Also, I do feel like I get a deeper sleep than normal when using it. Unfortunately, I opened this incorrectly when trying to catch a whiff, and spilled half the bottle on my couch. That means I won’t be able to use it when I need it, but coincidently enough, my couch smells amazing, and I have had the hardest time staying awake watching TV and movies. I fell asleep by nine on a Saturday night with this product. I think this works great, and I am happy to have a sample that I didn’t make on my own. It is a little more expensive than the cost of the products to make my own, but I would purchase the full size product otherwise. 




Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo

$44.00 - 6 oz    ($6.60 Value)

I am always happy to receive dry shampoo samples, because I use dry shampoo often, and I’m always looking for the best new product to use on second day hair. This ultra-fine spray soaks up grease, grime, and build-up, all without adding texture, grittiness, or weight to your hair. Sometimes my dry shampoo does leave a little weight and grittiness to my dirty hair, but really, I like the texture it creates which helps with styling. Also, I think I prefer a heavier mist, therefore it shoots out more product to really soak up that grease. Really, though, this works nicely, and I am definitely going to enjoy the sample, but for not loving it, that price is too extreme. I could see this being perfect for someone with thicker hair, but cheaper products work better for me.




MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick in Magnolia

$25.00 - 0.12 oz    ($5.00 Value)

As of recently, MAKE has become one of my favorite makeup brands. With the likes of Cargo, Benefit, and theBalm, MAKE has been added to my favs due to their simplistic and quality approach to makeup. I feel like this is the perfect brand for the classic millennial, and to make it better, they donate some of their proceeds to women led cooperatives. This lipstick has everything you need without going over the top. It is hydrating, packed with antioxidants, long lasting and smudge proof. Also, this color is fantastic. I think it is a great shade for early fall before the weather drops too far as it will look great with your transition clothes and match the colors outside. Also, I do have to say, this was pretty hydrating and super long lasting. I love this lipstick, and I want one in every single color.




Overall, I am super excited about these products. I love that clay mask, and that pillow spray is clutch. I am also a fan of the face moisturizer and lipstick. I even enjoy the dry shampoo, and will definitely use it, but it isn’t my favorite product out of the box. I think Birchbox does a great job of curating boxes that are both great quality but also relevant and perfect for the receiver. Plus, these products are a great representation of the theme, Revive and Restore. This month’s box has a value of $45.71, which is amazing for Birchbox and also great compared to the price. The value usually isn’t that high, but more around $20 - $30, so I am really happy with this amount. I am pretty darn smitten, and I can’t wait to see what November has in store.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or try out new brands and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment