Sunday, October 16, 2016

PopSugar Must Have October 2016 Review

Yeah! My PopSugar Must Have has arrived for the month of October, and I am so exited to see what they have in store for me this month. Popsugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers the best in beauty, home, fashion, fitness, books, and food. This is a great way to stay onto of the most fashionable and trendy products without breaking the bank. The box costs $39.95, but they always have a value over $100, so it is well worth what you pay. I really like this box, and it is always a great treat when they arrive in the mail, so I can't wait to dig inside. 


Each month, Popsugar curates their items around inspirations themes. Unlike most subscriptions, this box uses multiple words as their themes instead of a cute slogan. This month, the products are inspired by the following terms: reinvention, warm, cozy, snuggly, inspiration, and happy. Autumn is my favorite season, because the weather is starting to cool down, and my favorite holidays are in full swing. I love cuddling up when it gets cool, but also starting fresh with a fun wardrobe. I am hoping for a cozy accessory or maybe an organizational item. That is also a great way to start fresh. Seriously, almost everything in this box usually makes me happy, so that could be the inspiration every month. 




$58.00

Alright, I had high hopes for this month's box, but this item is a total bust. First of all, it rarely rains this time of year where I live, this is more of a spring item. Second, I don't really associate this product with any of the inspirational theme words. Lastly, this really isn't my style. The brown and pink is a little basic, and I'd say a little dated as well. I do like that this is packable, so it can be carried with you for those unexpected downpours, and this is a great value. This product along costs more than I paid for the box, so at least I am getting my monies worth. Also, everyone can use an umbrella, so this is at least practical. I am not a huge fan of this item, so I hope it gets better from here. 




$28.00 - 10 oz

Now, this its the kind of product I think of when I read the theme words. This luxurious shower oil doubles as both a decadent cleanser and bubble bath. With its paraben and phthalate-free ingredients, this oil transforms into a moisturizing lather that cleans and nourishes. Oil is definitely all the rage, and my face has transformed after switching to an oil cleanser, so why not for my body as well. Also, this smells amazing. Nothing could be better than jumping in the shower and using this luxurious body wash or bubble bath on a cool fall night. Plus, this will last forever since it is such a large bottle. I am loving this product. 




$5.99 - 4 oz

Again, Popsugar hit it on the head with this food item for the month. Nothing says cool weather like a cup of hot chocolate, and I love cuddling under a blanket with something warm to sip on. Camp fires, football games, haunted orchards, I can think of so many times I will be outside in cold weather this month and I will want to drink hot chocolate during or after the event. This is a much more adult version of hot chocolate too, as it is more rich than your normal powdered drink, and it has no artificial flavors. I am going to mix mine with milk instead of water to make it even more rich. 




$16.00 

I have a large collection of coffee mugs, and this will fit in the pack quite nicely. I love the simplicity of the text, and "Rise & Shine" is the perfect quote to read with my morning coffee. I will have to say, the sun doesn't exactly shine this time of the year, so maybe a different quote would have been better, or they could've saved this for a different time. Also, I saw this exact cup in enamel, which speaks fall so much more to me. I wish we received that version instead. That being said, I do really like this mug, and believe me, it will be used. Plus, now I have a great new cup to drink my hot chocolate. 




$12.00

I know that this month is breast cancer awareness, so I'd like to say, this pink product is very fitting, and I am glad they remembered include something of this color. This product promises to remove all of your makeup by just adding water. I have never heard of something so amazing, as I have to use at least two different products to fully remove everything from my face each night. With my doubts, I gave it a try, and I have to say, it worked really well. The cloth is a little small for a "wash cloth," but this is their mini version, so I bet the full size product would be a much better size. This doesn't exactly fit in with any of the product themes, but it is super practice, and I couldn't see a single subscriber not enjoying this. I will definitely be using mine over and over again. 




$25.00

Oh, jeez. This "special extra" is a self help book written by the creator of this box. Nothing like self-promotion. I really don't have that much time to read, but when I do, I am more interested in literature or light hearted stories to help me escape from the hardships of life. I really don't care to read about other accomplishments and how you have to act or what you need to do to achieve their same fortune, because everyone's path is a little different. I do want to excel and grow in my career, but I do that by learning from my supervisors and asking questions from the experts. This will go in my book case, and I may read it, but knowing myself, this will eventually just go in the donations box. As an "extra," it is a little bit of a bummer to see that a lot of the theme words came from this book.




$8.99 - 0.056 oz

This is yet another "special extra," which is great, since it is nothing too exciting (I mean, you can get this from your local drugstore, and everyone knows this brand), but it is still a great product, and something mostly everyone will like and use. I think liquid liner is the best for this time of year when you can go a little darker with your makeup and draw some great lines. This would also be ideal to use with your halloween costume. To be honest, I like these little extras, since it is basically just something I won't have to purchase in the future, and it is so practical. 


I do have to say, I had high hopes for this box. October is my favorite month of the year, and those themes were setting up the best box ever, but this was just middle of the road to me. There is only one item that I was head over heels for, which was the oil cleanser/bubble bath. I am also a fan of the mug, hot chocolate, and makeup removing cloth, but they weren't anything that I couldn't live without. That eyeliner is nice as well, but since it's an extra, I feel as though it shouldn't add to the overall feel of the box. That umbrella is out of season and not really my style. Also, I think it is a little tacky to include your own book in your best of pop culture box. This month's box has a value of $153.98. That is absolutely crazy for a box that costs less than $40. I can say that is a win. I hope my last fall box will kill it in November, or this season may be a complete bust. 


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or one of your friends. Christmas is right around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment