Saturday, September 30, 2017

Avenue A by Adidas Fall 2017 Review - Kristie Mewis + Stephanie McCaffrey

Yeah! My Avenue A by Adidas subscription box has arrived for Fall, and while this is one of my favorite boxes and my favorite season, I am hoping it will be a hit. Avenue A is a season subscription box that delivers at least three premium Adidas items with a total of four to six items for $150. It is a little pricey, but the value is always amazing, and you receive expensive items at a highly discounted price. The winter box was my favorite of all time, and we’ve been slowly falling off since then, so I hope this box will redeem itself.


Each month, Avenue A invited an athlete or designer to pick out the items in the box. This month's box was curated by Kristie Mewis & Stephanie McCaffrey, two soccer players. I don’t know much about these two, but I do really like their style, and their workouts look extreme, so I hope there will be items that are durable and work as hard as I do. Since it is fall, I am hoping for a light jacket and my favorite Adidas tights. I really don’t like working out in shorts, so spandex pants are my go to. They always deliver a new pair of shoes, and I can’t wait to see what they look like this time around. Let’s check it out!



Adidas Women's Adizero Tempo 9 Running Shoes in Pink & Purple

$120.00

I always get the most excited about the shoes in each subscription box, as I love adding to my collection, and they tend to me the most expensive addition. These shoes are a little bit of a bummer. The pink and purple aren’t really my color, and the style of these shoes are a little dated. On the plus side, these are great shoes for running. They are super comfortable and really light. These make my run a little less painful, and I don’t really mind pairing them with my other running clothes. These won’t be going on errands or for walks in the park with my dog, but they will make great shoes for solely running. That is great, because I did need a new pair.





Adidas Women's Performer Strappy Tank Top in Purple

$28.00

I go through so many workout tanks between laundry days, so I am happy to see yet another in this season’s box. I used to workout in t-shirts, but quickly switched to tanks once I realized how they let me move and breathe. This tank is made with great material, so it catches your sweat while stopping it from sweating more than normal. The purple color isn’t my favorite, but I do like it with my classic black leggings, and it goes perfectly with the shoes. This isn’t too exciting of an item, but it is so practical that I am happy to see it and use it.





Adidas Women's Halter Bra in Light Blue

$45.00


I often have problems with my sports bra. It either fits well but doesn’t give me enough support, or it is too tight but supports me well. This halter bra is the ultimate fix. This fits me perfectly, not too tight, but it still gives me the support I need. This item will come in handy for those running or jumping workouts. While it is a very practical item, I am not a huge fan of the style. This looks really awkward with my workout tanks, and the blue doesn’t fit in with my dark and black wardrobe. Otherwise, this is a great product, and I don’t always have to look great while getting fit.



Adidas Women's Supernova 7/8 Tight in Blue

$75.00

OMG! I am obsessed with this long tights, and they are unlike anything I already own. I only workout in tight pants or shorts, because I hate tugging things down in the middle of breaking a sweat. These tights fit snuggly, but don’t pinch, especially at the waist. The best part of this item, the top of these leggings fit like sweatpants. The wide band comes with a drawstring to tighten or loosen depending on the amount of room you need. Also, there are mesh details on the leg that both look great and let you breath. I could see myself lounging in these just as much as working out, because they are just that comfortable. These are definitely my favorite part of this season’s box.





Adidas Women's Excalate Sunglasses in Black Matte and Blue Floral

$99.00

The problem with this subscription box is that you won’t always receive items that fit your style, and this is one of those cases. These glasses are in the typical sporty shape with blue reflective lenses with some flower detail on the side. I do like the lenses, but the shape just isn’t cute on my face. Also, these seem really cheap. The plastic is light, and they feel like something I would receive for free. The only cool / athletic part of these are the grip behind the ears and on the nose. Plus, the nose grips move for ultimate comfort. These would be nice for running, but I think they may be too cheap for any impact sport. I don’t know if I will ever break these out, but at least the value is nice. That is pretty much all I like about them.





Overall, this box is just alright. The tights are the only item that I absolutely love, and the tank is something that I will wear often. The sport’s bra and shoes aren’t really my style, but they are both comfortable, so they will both be used. The sunglasses are a complete miss, and I don’t think I will ever use them. I might just pass along to a friend. I definitely had higher hopes for this box, because the curators appeared to carry my same style, but not ever season can fit me perfectly. This season’s box has a value of $367. That is more than double what I paid, so I am happy with that, and I would happily spend $150 on the four products I will use.



If you would like to try Avenue A by Adidas for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on high end workout gear at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment