Saturday, September 30, 2017

Popsugar Must Have September 2017 Review

Yea! My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of September, and since fall boxes tend to be my favorites, I am so excited to see what this box has in store. Popsugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least six full size lifestyle items from fashion, beauty, home, books, fitness, and food. This box costs $39.95, but it is more affordable at longer subscription lengths. Also, this box always values over $100, so you always get your monies worth. I am a fan of the items delivered in this box, and it is such a great way to treat myself. Let’s check out what’s inside.


Popsugar doesn’t exactly have a monthly theme, but instead they curate their items off their inspiration words. This month’s inspirations are Trendsetting, Personalize, Style, Floral, Illuminating. To me, this sounds like an accessory heavy box, which means some jewelry, possibly a hat, or a scarf. I’ve seen all of these items in boxes in the past, so it wouldn’t be out of the norm. I am a little thrown off by the Floral inspiration. This is the start of fall, and I shouldn’t see flowers until spring, but maybe it will be a darker, less feminine flower print. Otherwise, I really like the sounds of this box, and I am excited to dig in and find out if I am right about any of my predictions.


Hudson + Bleecker Bonjour Smartphone Wallet in Dusty Rose Faux Embossed Snakeskin

$48.00

While I knew we would have an accessory or two, I wasn’t expecting a wallet, and this one is amazing. This light pink, zip close purse can be used alone with your cell phone and cards to take with you to the bar or a party, or you can throw it into your larger purse and use it as a wallet for organizing. I am impressed with the space inside of this, and I could easily fit in my phone, a lipstick, and all my cards and cash. Without your cell phone and lipstick, this is much more roomier to hold onto coupons or notes, depending on the purpose. I wouldn’t normally reach for pink, but I like this light color, and the snakeskin texture is really cool and modern. Plus, this will be great to use all year long. 



Figs & Rouge Hydra Prime Light Reflective Brightening Primer & Illuminator

$45.00 - 1 fl oz

I wasn’t too sure about this product, because I thought it was a highlighter, and I don’t another single liquid highlighter in my collection, so I was really happy to see it is an illuminating primer. These are really trendy right now, and while I thought they made my face too shiny at first, they look great under your final powder, as it creates a healthy and natural glow. This appeared to be a little too dark for my skin tone, but it blended in really well, and instead my skin appears to have an early fall tan. This wasn’t the best at covering pores or lines, but I can just use setting powder on top of this instead. This item is such a pleasant surprise, and I love how it lets my skin hold onto that summer tan for as long as possible. 



Fuji Naja by Hat Attack Coco Flower Pin

$17.00

This item is what they meant by floral, and I am now wishing it were a spring, pastel, flower print instead. This pin can be clipped anywhere (your jacket, purse, or shirt) to add your own flare without much effort. I do like the Fall/Halloween vibe, but I think I would prefer this in the October box, or really, not at all. This just isn’t my style, and I couldn’t imagine accessorizing with this at all. The flower is nice, though, and I would consider it high quality. This was such a great box until now, but hopefully it picks up the steam with the rest of the items.





Richer Poorer Wool Striped Nora Sock in Charcoal & Black

$22.00

Hmmm, again. This feels like a Halloween item, and since it is only September, I am not in the mood for these dark colors. Also, I am allergic to wool (I think a lot of people are), and my feet are already itchy, so these would just be painful if I were to ever wear them. That being said, I love the cozy sock idea, as the temperatures are turning, and these would be a great transitional item to wear with those summer sleep shorts until you need to break out those sweatpants. Also, since we did receive them in September, subscribers will be able to wear them through the entire month of October. I will probably just give these away to a sister or friend.




Lipstick Queen Black Lace Rabbit Cream Blush

$25.00 - 0.07 oz

Ok, this so an October box, and this black transitional blush proves it. I know what you’re thinking, black blush!? But, why?! It is way cooler and much less Goth than that. This cream blush works with your natural skin tone to create a rosy pink color perfect for you. I love watching it transition on my cheeks, and the ending color is beautiful. While this is such an amazing product, I am not in love with cream blushes. They are a little difficult to work with, so I tend to not reach for them, but since I really like how this color looks on my skin, I will be much more likely. This is our second transitioning product from Lipstick Queen, and I hope we still receive some more in the future since they are so fun.





Pipsnacks PipCorn Kettle Delicious Mini Popcorn

$4.99 - 4.5 oz

Popsugar always delivers a food item in their box, and while it is usually a sugary chocolate item, they decided to switch it up a bit. These PipCorn snacks are a healthier alternative to your normal potato chips, and so much more delicious. This full size bag is great, because it will last my boyfriend and I a couple of days, and they are a great way to curve that salty craving with just a handful of these small kettle popcorn crisps. I will say, this bag did take up the majority of the space in the box, which is a bit of a bummer, but at least they are delicious!




Overall, this month’s box was middle of the road. There were a few items I really like and a few I will never use. That primer is my favorite item in the box, and it makes my skin glow! The wallet is also pretty nice as well, and while the color isn’t my favorite, this will still be great for nights out. I really like the cream blush, but since it is cream, it can’t be my favorite. Otherwise it might be. The popcorn snack was also great, even if it was only the food item. That flower pin and those wool socks are just not for me, which really bums me out. They will make great gifts for a friend or sister, though. This month’s box had a value of $161.99. That is pretty amazing, especially since I only spend $29.95. With that price and that value, I don’t really mind if everything isn’t a perfect fit. I will say, I hope October is much more amazing.



If you would like to try Popsugar for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself to the trendiest products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment