Sunday, September 3, 2017

BoxyCharm August 2017 Review - Beach Please

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of August, and I can't wait to see what is in store for me the last month of summer. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty items around a monthly theme. They offer a wide range of brands and products for only $21. Plus, they always have a value over $100, so they are more than worth the cost. I always find so many items I love from these boxes, so I can't wait to see what's in store for me this time around. 


This month's theme is "Beach Please." Since it is the last warm month of the year, we need to embrace it to the last drop, and that includes spending spending much of it at the beach. This month's items will be inspired by the sea and the easy going beach life or will be ideal for the beach as well. BoxyCharm usually does a great job matching their items with the theme, so I am excited for some tropical colors and SPF skincare. I have a feeling this is going to be a great month, and I can't wait to see what is inside. 



Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette: Volume II

$36.00 - 0.4 oz

I was obsessed with this palette as soon as I pulled it from the box. First, this packaging is beautiful. The pattern is raised, which creates a fun texture, and the cover shimmers in the sun. The packaging isn't even the best part. The eyeshadow colors inside are absolutely beautiful. All of them are super pigmented, and I can see myself creating so many looks with these colors. the light highlights are soft and help brighten, while the dark colors are perfect for creating a tropical smokey eye. While I think of a resort when I see these colors, they would work great for fall as well. I am in love with this item, and this box is already a steal with the value of this palette alone.




Royal & Langnickel Moda Pro 3-Piece Brush Set

$26.00

One of the best parts of this box is that they deliver beauty tools along with their products. While they often deliver a brush, this brush trio three times more exciting and is such a high value as well. At first look, I am so impressed with the luxe feel and look. These heavy weighted handles are wrapped in rubber, which are ideal for gripping. The brushes themselves are amazing as well. The large powder brush is great for blush, bronzer, or highlight, while the edge brush is perfect for contouring and detail. I have quite a eyeshadow smudge brushes, this one cal be used for for fine detailed highlighting. I love this brush set, and I will always be reaching for these. 

  


PUR Pro 3D Silk Eyelashes in Bombshell

$14.00

While I don't wear fake lashes all that often, I do have quite a few weddings coming up in the future, and these will come in handy. The silk material makes them look and feel natural, and they don't even feel terribly heavy on my eyes. Also, the different lengths and volume of the lashes make them look natural, so no one can tell they are fake. I am really impressed with these lashes, and while I don't know how often I will pull them out to wear, I will be reaching for these first out of all of them that I own. Plus, these will last up to 30 uses, which mean forever for me. 




Aloette Face Paint Lip & Cheek Tint in Blooming Berry

$35.00 - 0.5 oz

While this isn't exactly a product I think of when I hear the word beach, it is still a great item, and I am happy it was included in this months box. While I don't tend to use cream colors for my face, this is surprisingly easy to use. I like how it stays wet long enough to put in place, but then stays in place all day. This color is really nice as well, and it looks great on end of summer skin. I don't think I would wear this on my lips, though, as it suggests, because it is a little drying, and you can tell the product wasn't formulated with lips in mind. This is a really nice addition, and I am excited to play with in into fall as well. 



Adesse Gel Effect Nail Polish in Suzannemi

$18.00 - 11 ml

Normally, I am really happy with nail polishes from my BoxyCharm, especially from this brand, but this classic read is something I already own ten times over. If I didn't, this would be a different story, because this nail polish is always long lasting and this color is gorgeous. Plus, who doesn't like a classic red on their fingers or toes. I don't know if I will keep this, just because it will create clutter, but instead I will probably pass this off to my friend or sister. Someone that will need one in their collection. 




Overall, this is a pretty great box. I am obsessed with that palette, and those brushes are amazing. I will be using both of those often. The lashes and blush are nice as well, but since they are items I wouldn't normally use, I will be reaching for these a little less. I hate to say the nail polish is a bust, because I love the brand and color, but I already own so many classic reds. This month's box has a value of $129. That is absolutely crazy for a box that only costs $21, and it makes it even better that I enjoy the items inside. I will say, this box isn't very beachy, though. I still can't wait to see what next month has in store. 



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to build up your makeup collection at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment