Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag September 2017 Review - Like. A. Boss.

Yeah! My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of September, and fall boxes are usually my favorite, so I can’t wait to see what this one has in store for me. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers full and sample size beauty items to your door in a makeup bag styled around the monthly theme for only $10. This subscription is makeup heavy and delivers a wide variety of products and brands that are both affordable or expensive if you were to repurchase. This subscription has really helped me stock up my makeup collection at an affordable price, and I am excited to check out the new additions.


This month’s theme is “Like. A. Boss.” This box is all about being a boss in your life. Whether it be owning your social life or stepping it up at work, these products will help you look your best. Ipsydoes a great job at matching their makeup bags with the theme, but the products are usually all over the place and don’t really have anything to do with it. I am happy that at least the makeup bag matches, especially this one. I love the edgy design, and I will be using this before many others in my collection. These bags are great for storage or travel, but this one will be going into my purse to help organize lipsticks or perfumes.



Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Peach Honey

$12.00 - 0.16 oz    (Full Size!)

I wear blush almost every single day, so I love receiving new colors. This blush duo isn’t my favorite discovery, though, for a few reasons. Pixi’s products aren’t always the most high end, and the pigmentation is good at best. Also, these colors aren’t exactly blushes to me but instead light bronzers. The lightest color could even be used as a natural highlighter. While this isn’t my favorite blush I’ve ever tried, I am happy this is a full size item, and I will grab for this once in a while for bronzer or highlighter. This will be ideal when my skin has less of a tan. 




Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Radiance Primer

$39.00 - 1 oz    ($9.75 Value)

Now that my complexion has improved, I have traded in heavy foundation with BB creams and tinted primers, so this item from Smashbox is perfect for me. While I do already love their photo finish primers, I am a little disappointed with the tint. I have pretty light skin, and this color would be ideal for darker skin tones, but since it is only a light tint, this will work for me during the summer months when I have a bit of a tan. Besides the tint, this primer is like magic, and it hides both fine lines and pores so well. All I need is a powder to set, and I am out the door. I don’t know why we fill out profiles if they aren’t going to use them when curating our bags.




Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Medium Angled Shading Eye Brush 207

$12.00

I love that Ipsy also includes beauty tools with their beauty products, and it is always fun to receive a new brush in this subscription. I’ve received a few Luxie brushes from Ipsy in the past, and I am always impressed with their quality. Also, this millennial pink is so pretty and looks great on my vanity. I will say, I am so tired of receiving eye shadow brushes. I have so many, and can hardly get to them as is. I’ve been hoping for a new blush brush or powder brush for a while now, but as I know they are a little more expensive, I think I may have to wait a little longer.




Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes The Shadow in Toasted

$13.00 - 0.07 oz    ($3.71 Value)


Elizabeth Mott isn’t a very popular brand, but it should be, because her products are so good. This premium shadow in a shimmery bronze is so pigmented that you only need one swipe, and I haven’t noticed any fallout. Also, this shade is beautiful and perfect for me. I love using one dramatic color across my entire eyelid, it is simple yet still creates an impact, and this color works perfectly with my skin tone. Even though the packaging isn’t ideal, you can pop out the pan and stick it into your favorite magnetic palette. This may be a little small, but I rarely go through entire eyeshadows, so this is plenty for me.



Manefit Beauty Planner Masks in Mugwort, Astringent + Pore Care and Lily Whitening + Brightening

$10.00 - 5 pack    ($4.00 Value)

I love sheet masks, and they are one of my favorite items to receive in subscription boxes, even if I have plenty to work through right now. Sheet masks are so simple to use and refreshing as well, so I love using them when I want to relax and renew. I am used to receiving masks for hydrating or balancing, and these are two types I’ve never seen before, which makes them even more exciting. I am excited to deep clean my pores, and the brightening face mask will be great when my face is looking dull. These aren’t the nicest sheet masks ever, but they will be fun to try.





Overall, this month’s glam bag is pretty nice. I love the design of the bag, and I will be using it often, so it started out as a win. I am in love with the eyeshadow and the sheet masks are always fun to receive. The rest of the items are nice, but didn’t nail it. The blush is more of a bronzer, and the brand isn’t the best. The primer is something that I will use, but the tint is off as well. The brush is so high end and great quality, but I already have so many. This month’s box has a value of $41.46. That is pretty great for a box that only costs $10, especially since I will be using all the items. I’ve been waiting for a month to hit it out of the park, so maybe October will be it.



If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out different brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment