Sunday, September 3, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag August 2017 Review - Good Vibes Only

Yeah! My Ipsy Box has arrived for the month of August, and I can't wait to check out all of these items they have for me this month. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that offers at least five beauty samples or full size products in a makeup bag curated around the monthly theme. It only costs $10 a month, and the products usually value around $50, so you are always getting a great deal. Also, they deliver a wide range of brands and products around your profile, so you are bound to find a few items you absolutely love. 


This month's theme is "Good Vibes Only." This hippie theme is all about reconnecting with your natural side. I spend most of summer outdoors, and I love being in nature, but being outdoors doesn't normally scream makeup. These items will help blend your makeup and nature to be completely in sync. This makeup bag is cute, but it isn't really my style. I do think this bag is a great representation of what's to come for these month's products, though. I can't wait to see them all. 



First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay

$24.00 - 4.7 oz    ($5.11 Value)

I've actually already sampled this item before, but I am happy to have more. This thick cleansing gel is formulated with red clay, which helps purify and deeply clean your face. It takes a little longer and a little bit more work to get this to lather like your normal cleanser, but once it does, it works hard to refresh and renew your skin. I like to use this with a cleansing brush so I can really get it to lather, and I am always impressed with the results. Also, the natural ingredients in this product goes perfectly with the theme. 




Pacifica Coconut Blush Duo in Beaming & Tenderheart

$14.00 - 0.28 oz    (Full Size!)

I have to say, this full size blush duo is both unexpected and exciting. I love wearing blush because it brightens and gives life to my face with minimal effort. These two colors are a little on the dark side, but work perfectly with the end of summer tan. Also, the warm tones can easily transition into fall. I like that one is a more natural color, while the purple hued blush is great for a touch more dramatic look. Usually, we will receive tiny blush samples that can't even fit a brush, so these two huge pans are well appreciated. These colors are perfect for hanging out in nature as well. 




Sundays Nail Polish in No. 28

$18.00 - 0.47 fl oz    (Full Size!)

Ipsy offers a new option of selecting one of the samples in your next Ipsy bag. The procedure isn't perfect yet, as you have to email their customer service with your selection, but it is still appreciated. Once I saw this nail polish as one of the samples, I knew I had to have it. The dark lilac purple really speaks to me, and the color works great dressed up or down. Personally, I like this on my toes, but it would look great on your nails too, especially for fall. I think this is a great color for the end of August, when the temperatures ore finally dropping, but everyone is still spending the majority of their time outdoors. Plus, it's full size!




Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Arresting Volume Mascara

$25.00 - 8.5 ml    ($7.35 Value)

Mascara samples are one of my favorite items to receive in subscription boxes. I love trying out all the different formulas and brands, and the smaller tubes offer the same great product in a size that won't go bad before you can use it up completely. This volumizing mascara does work wonders. With only a few strokes, my lashes were three times the size and full as well. Plus, this formula doesn't clump and lasts all day without fallout. I am really impressed with this mascara, and it's one of my favorite I've tried out in quite a long time. This is going straight into my makeup bag!





$24.00 - 2.2 oz    ($5.14 Value)

This item actually didn't arrive at first, which is why it isn't featured in the group shot below, but I let Ipsy know, and they sent it out right away. I've tried a few of Hey Honey's mask, but never a cleanser, but I am completely impressed. The scrub helps exfoliate your skin while the cleanser cleans deep into your pores. Also, this sample size is pretty great, and it will last me quite a few uses. I am really impressed with this item, and while I don't think I would pay $24 for the full size product, I am going to really enjoy this product to the last drop.



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. It isn't one of my favorites of all time, but I enjoyed all the products, and they worked perfectly with the theme as well. The two cleansers are nice, but I wish I didn't receive so many in one bag. The mascara and nail polish, on the other hand, or absolutely perfect for me. The blush duo aren't two colors that I will always reach for, but they will work perfectly for your late summer tan. This month's box has a value of $49.60, which is great for only spending $10, and that isn't counting the cost of the bag. I am really happy with these items, so I can't wait to see what next month has in store.  


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out a bunch of different brands and products at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment