Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sephora Play! August 2017 Review - The Innovators

Yea! My Sephora Play! has arrived for the month of August, and since this is quickly becoming one of my favorite subscription boxes, I cannot wait to see what is in store for me. Sephora Play! is a montly subscription box that deliver six samples size beauty items, one always a perfume, to your door in a cute bag for only $10. These items range from hair, nails, makeup, skin care, and fragrance, and all full size items are available at Sephora. This is such an inexpensive box and the value is always amazing, Plus, the products are higher end and curated towards your preferences, which makes this subscription one of the best ever.


This month’s theme is “Elements of Beauty.” These products are all about those magic ingredients inside our products that do all the hard work on our skin, hair, and nails. I am not as ingredient conscious as I should be, but I can definitely recognize when a product works, so I am sure I will appreciate these products. With this theme, I am hoping for some great skincare that will help cure acne and wrinkles or mascara that makes mega lashes. I can’t wait to see.



Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

$12.00 - 1.8 oz    (Full Size!)

I use dry shampoo almost every other day (do you get the trend), so I am always happy to receive it in my subscription boxes. I tried this dry shampoo from Living Proof before, and it works pretty well, but it isn’t one of my favorite dry shampoos of all time. Also, it is a little pricey, and I go through it way too quickly to spend too much on a can. That being said, this size will be ideal for travel, and I always love having more on hand. Also, this does work better than your average dry shampoo, so I will be happy to use. I think I may just keep this for the holidays.





Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

$20.00 - 2.5 fl oz    ($6.48 Value)

This is a product I’ve been wanting, but I never knew existed. Bikini season is hard enough, but having a less than smooth but makes it a little harder. This cream designed to give you sexy skin will help moisturize, make skin look and feel subtle, smooths skin, and gives it a limited glow. It does all this work with ingredients like coconut oil, cupuacu butter, acai oil, mica, and guarana. This isn’t just for your butt either, but I will probably use it solely for that area, as the sample size bottle would only cover my entire body one or two times. Also, this smells amazing, and a noticed a different in my skin’s appearance with one use. So good!





Beautyblender Micro.Mini

$18.00 - 2 sponges    ($9.00 Value)


We rarely receive beauty tools in this subscription, so this mini beauty blender is quite a surprise. I use my regular sized beauty blender quite frequently, and I do have issues blending out anything under my eyes or sometimes on my nose or lips, so this mini will come in handy. I will say, it is pretty mini, so it is a little difficult to handle, but nothing I won’t get a hang of. I really enjoy this item, and while it doesn’t really go with the theme, as there are no ingredients, this is a great addition to this month’s box. I will be getting a lot of use out of it.



Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil

$17.00 - 0.23 oz    ($0.74 Value)

I’ve heard of this product from YouTubers and friends, but have never gotten a chance to try it out, so I am glad I received a sample in this month’s box. I don’t wear waterproof mascara all that often, and it is really due to the difficulty of removing it, so this product may change everything for me. Just like mascara, you brush this onto your eyelashes at the end of the day. After only a few seconds, this oil breaks apart your mascara so you can easily wipe it away. I am really impressed with this product, and it works just as well as everyone has claimed. I still don’t know how often I will reach for my waterproof mascara, but when I do, I know I will have the perfect item to remove it.





Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme in Light 11 Neutral

$26.00 - 0.22 oz    ($7.68 Value)

I haven’t used many Kat Von D makeup items, but this is definitely a brand that most everyone loves. This concealer is super powered, and will cover those red zits, the darkest of under eyes, or even scars. So many concealers promise this, and they don’t always do the trick, but this product works wonders. While it does cover everything well, I do have a few complaints. The product is a little thick, and I prefer my makeup to be so light it’s invisible. Also, this isn’t the best color for my skin, so I had to blend it out. If you are covering a tattoo or have a major zit you need to cover, this is the product for you. Otherwise, this just may be too much.





Kat Von D Saint & Sinner Eau de Parfum

$65.00 - 1.7 oz each    ($3.82 Value)

Yea! I am really excited about this perfume duo by Kat, once again. We receive a perfume sample in every box, and while many subscribers don’t care too much for these, I love them! I really don’t like sticking to one scent, but instead I like to switch it up by my mood, the weather, or the event. What is even better about this sample. There are two different perfumes that make three different scents. You can wear them separately or together for a completely new scent. Saint is softer with notes of vanilla, musk, and jasmine, while Sinner is darker with notes of patchouli, wood, and cinnamon. Together creates the perfect combination for the two which is perfect for a dinner date or drinks with a group of friends. I am in love!




Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box. There were so many new items that I will love and enjoy, but there was a flop or two. I am in love with the bum cream and perfume duo. They are both new discoveries and something I will use and love. The dry shampoo and beauty blender are both very practical items, and while I’m not excited about them, they will be incorporated into my routine. The mascara cleansing oil works really well, but I don’t know how often I will use. The concealer also works really well, but the color match isn’t the best. This month’s box has a value of $39.72. That is amazing for a box that only costs $10. Even though this wasn’t the perfect box for me, I can’t wait to see what is in store for me next time around.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out a bunch of different items at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment