Saturday, September 30, 2017

Birchbox September 2017 Review - Your Time to Shine

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of September, and fall is my favorite time of year, so I can’t wait to see what beauty products they have for me that will complement the cooler weather.Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least five samples (and sometime full size products) around your profile for only $10. This used to be one of my favorite boxes, because the rewards system was amazing and I love the brands and products, but now so many boxes offer more. This box does know me the best, though, so I know I am going to find some products I really love. Let’s check out what is inside.


This month’s theme is “Your Time To Shine.” This month is all about you and putting yourself in the spotlight. Whether it be a new school year and you want a fresh, bright start, or you need that extra confidence to help you with that promotion or to get you that desired role, these products will give you that extra push. I really like this theme, because confidence is power, and I sometimes lack it due to my greasy skin, zitty complexion, or my afternoon frizzy hair. Hopefully these products will stop me from holding myself back. This box design is one of my favorites of all time. The colors and pattern are just my style, and this is going straight onto my shelf to display!




$29.00 - 1.6 oz    ($4.35 Value)

Now that my skin is balanced, I like to lighten up my makeup, and I have recently switched from heavy foundation to these tinted BB creams. It looks more natural and feels better, plus it prevents my skin from blemishing more. This BB cream is great. I love the light tint that blends in perfectly with my skin tone, and the formula helps blur any pores and wrinkles. This is such a great product, and this sample will last me at least two weeks of applications. Plus, what brings more confidence than a great complexion. 




$24.00 - 5.3 oz    ($3.40 Value)

My hair is so flat, and I hate how it lacks volume after only a few hours after styling, so I love using texturizing sprays at the start of each morning and also to liven up my roots throughout the day. While this formula isn’t my favorite (I have one that is hard to beat), but it does work well, and I like how it leaves my hair flexible to style, but still has hold. This size is great to keep at my desk at work or to leave in my car for drinks afterwards. This product is perfect for me, and it will help keep my confidence up!




$42.00 - 20 ml    ($6.30 Value)

I don’t always get the most sleep, and I am already prone to dark eye circles, so I try to use a cream every night that I don’t forget to help lighten and brighten. This under eye cream doesn’t only help lighten and brighten, but it also helps soften those early wrinkles and lines. This cream is very light, so you could definitely use it under makeup if you prefer to use this during the day. As for me, this is going on my nightstand to help remind me to apply it. This is yet another sample that will last me a while too. The tube isn’t huge, but you don’t need a whole lot.




$8.00

Every month, Birchbox allows you to choose one of their selected samples, a full curated box, or just do nothing and keep it a surprise. This item is my selected sample, so not only did I know it was coming, but I am really excited to try it out. Birchbox doesn’t often include beauty tools in their boxes, so it is really exciting when they do, as I love how practical they are. This face scrubber works harder than your normal wash cloth, as it helps clean deep into pores while it scrubs away dead skin. I expected this to be rough on my skin, but it really isn’t, and I am happy to throw this in with my other bathroom towels.




$10.00 - 0.02 oz

One of the reasons I really like Birchbox over other subscriptions is how they deliver way more skin products than makeup, but still includes some each time. I do wear makeup, but I usually stick to the basics unless I am dressing up or going out. I don’t like wearing eyeliner, because it is too harsh on my light complexion, so this light taupe pencil works perfectly for me. It gives my eyes just a touch of definition and shimmer without looking heavy or gothic. They also suggest using this as a highlighter for those thin lines on your nose or lip. I love the multiuse, especially since I won’t be using it all too often.



This month was amazing for me, as I really like all the samples. Also, the box design and theme make me so happy. I am so happy with the BB cream discovery, while the eye cream and texture spray are must haves in my routine. The scrubbing cloth works so well, and it will last me forever, while the strobing pencil will be fun to play with. This month’s box has a value of $32.05. That is pretty great for a $10 box, especially since I really like all the items. This is a great start to fall, as I always think this season’s boxes are the best, and I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store.

If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out great products and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment