Saturday, September 30, 2017

BoxyCharm September 2017 Review - Boxy Baddie

Yea! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of September, and I am really excited to check out what this month has in store for me. Fall is my favorite season, and their boxes are usually amazing, so I have a feeling this is going to be great as well. BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty products and tools to your door for only $21. These boxes always value over $100, and they always deliver great brands and products, which makes this one of the best and most favored subscription boxes of all time. I love that this box delivers full palettes and luxe brushes, so I always hope for some of those. Let’s see!


This month’s theme is “Boxy Baddie.” BoxyCharm used to deliver the best themes and curated items that went perfectly with the season, but I think they are running out of ideas, because they haven’t been the best. This theme is all about showing off your tougher side. I prefer light and natural looking makeup, so these hard colors may not be great for me, but I could always use some black mascara and a possible bold lip. I will say, along with their less desirable themes, BoxyCharm hasn’t been curating them accordingly either, so I hope this is the case this time around.



PUR Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow Palette

$34.00 - 0.48 oz

First of all, this packaging is so beautiful, and it is perfect for me as well. That white marble is so cool and current, and it fits in perfectly with my décor. The eyeshadows are amazing as well. The colors are everything you need for a complete look, and the reds are perfect for fall. The pigmentation is nice and I haven’t noticed any fallout, which is impressive, and there is a good collection of both mattes and shimmers. I will say, there are quite a few palettes with these same colors (I am sure I already have a few in my collection), but these seem fresh, and since the palette is so beautiful, I will be most likely to pull for this one first.




MAC Cosmetics Eyebrows in Lingering

$18.00 - 0.003 oz

One of BoxyCharm’s flaws is their lack of color variation when it comes to items that match your hair or skin tone. I’ve already had to give away a few brow products they’ve sent me, because they just won’t match with my light blonde hair. This brow pencil is just the same unfortunately. The color was created for brown haired girls in mind, and the color is just too dark for me. Bummer. Otherwise, I do like this self-sharpening pencil that draws in a fine line. That makes it perfect for creating hair-like lines for a more natural look. It would also work great for shaping as well. This is a really nice product, but I just won’t be able to use it. BoxyCharm could really work on this. 





ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Strut

$6.00 - 0.11 oz


I did see a sneak peak that we would all be receiving a ColourPop liquid lipstick which got me really excited, but I don’t know how excited I am about this color. I much prefer pinks and reds with my skin tone, and I don’t know if I am brave enough to pull off a natural lip. This color is very beautiful though, and the warm tones scream fall. Also, this formula is really nice. It doesn’t dry out my lips too badly, and it lasts for hours. This is such a great brand for liquid lipsticks if you like good quality and a wide variety of colors at a great price. I am going to try to swap out this color with one of my BoxyCharm subscribing friends.



Studio Makeup HD Finishing Powder

$35.00 - 0.2 oz

I absolutely love these loose powder matte setting products, and while I don’t necessarily purchase them on my own, I use them up quickly when I receive them in one of my boxes. This item works hard to not only set your makeup in place, but it also mattefy’s your face while blurring pores and fine lines. I always look to hide these pores and lines, so this is a great finishing touch, but I also have oil issues and shine throughout the day, so this is a great way to soak it all up without having to redo my makeup. This full size container will last me forever, and I am so happy to have another one in my collection.




Bodyography Flat Shader & Angled Liner Brush

$10.00

I do love that BoxyCharm includes beauty tools along with their makeup, hair care, and skincare, but I am so tired of receiving the same brushes over and over. This isn’t just BoxyCharm’s fault, because so many boxes like to send me eye shadow and eyeliner brushes, and I just don’t need anymore. Other than my overload of these brushes, these brushes are nice. The angled liner brush is so nice. The sharp angle works great for detailed lines, and the bristles are the perfect density for this purpose. The flat shader is nice as well. It is great for detail on your eyelids as well, and this is ideal for pressing your main color on your lid. These are nice brushes and great quality, but I just don’t need them.




Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask

$20.00 - 2 oz

Even though this isn’t the full size container, I am still really excited about receiving this product in yet another one of my subscription boxes. This mask by Briogeo turns over processed and straw-like hair into workable and soft strands. I love having this in my shower to use about once a week to help give my hair that boost of moisture. My hair always looks great, and it never weighs it down. I am also a fan of the light milky, flower scent. It is sweet without overpowering. While this is their smaller bottle, it will still last me a while since I won’t be using it that often, and I love when boxes send me items I already know and love that are perfect for restocking.




Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box, but there were still a few items that I just won’t use. That palette may be my favorite palette that BoxyCharm has ever sent me. The case itself is beautiful and the colors are perfect for me and fall. The setting powder and deep conditioner are wonderful as well, and since I already know and love these items, they are great for restocking. The brushes are nice, but I just don’t need them, and the brow pencil and liquid lipstick are also great, but the colors just won’t work. These will be going to a friend. This month’s box has a value of $133. This box only cost $21, so that is amazing, and even though I won’t be using a few items, the others are well worth the price. This first fall box wasn’t a complete win, but I am hoping October has more to offer me!


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out the best of makeup at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment