Saturday, September 30, 2017

Target Beauty Box September 2017 Review - Hello New Leaf

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for September, and I am really excited to check out what they have in store for me this month. Target Beauty Box isn’t exactly a subscription, because you have to purchase each one separately when they are available, but like subscriptions, the boxes deliver beauty samples and full size items around a theme. These boxes range from $5 to $10 depending on the value, but, like this one, many have been priced at $7. These boxes are a great way to try out new higher end drugstore products at a great price, and this is a great way to sample affordable items to repurchase as well. While I do get a peek at the items when I purchase the box, I try not to look very long, so I am looking forward to checking out what’s inside.


This month’s theme is Hello New Leaf. It is the back to school month which for many means a new start, and for me it means getting back into a routine after an lazy and adventurous summer. Target curated these products to deliver your new basics. I love this theme, because I do love routines, but it will also be nice to receive a box of newer and better products that I use regularly. Also, these boxes come with great travel size essentials, so you can stock these up and won’t have to pay for the overpriced small sizes in store. I am hoping for some travel size dry shampoo and shower items.



Simple Micellar Cleansing Water

$1.99 - 1.9 oz    (Full Travel Size!)

This is a product I already know and love, so I am really happy with this travel size bottle. If you don’t already know, micellar water is a natural cleanser that removes makeup and the daily grime off your face by applying it like a toner. This may not be my favorite micellar water I’ve ever tried, I like this brand, because they don’t add a bunch of unnecessary ingredients. This is a great product to stick to your routine when you don’t have a lot of time at night or you are exhausted from your busy day. Plus, the product improves the look of your skin, so you don’t have to worry about rinsing it off. This is a great start to this routine box.




Covergirl Total Tease Mascara in Very Black

$7.99 - 0.21 oz    (Full Size!)

I love trying out new mascaras, but I hate paying full price on a formula or wand that I don’t love. So, receiving them in my subscription boxes is a win, win. This mascara comes with a small comb on the end to get every last lash, and the formula itself lengthens and volumizes, which is required in every mascara. Plus, this is a full size item worth more than the entire box, which makes everything else in the box basically free. I don’t think this is an item I would purchase again, as I prefer your basic wand, but this is great for those special nights that I spend a bit more time on my makeup. I have to say, this packaging is so cute as well. What a great twist on a basic. 




Acure Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

$9.99 each - 8 oz    ($2.50 Value)

This is another item that I’ve already tried, but I really enjoyed my last sample so I am happy to have more at my disposal. This natural shampoo and conditioner focuses on their ingredients, so I don’t feel bad about using this in my hair. Also, it is quite hydrating, and it is ideal for the fall and winter season where everything seems to dry out. I remember this having a nice scent as well. Not too heavy, but light and flowery. I am traveling quite a bit this fall, so I think I will hold onto these for those weekend trips, but these will be the first I reach for when packing.




Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Antioxidant Super Moisturizer

$14.99 - 1.7 oz    ($1.76 Value)

These gel moisturizer pots have been trending for about a year now, and I’ve collected quite a few from all my subscription boxes So, while I do like these products, I already have quite a few to work through still. These items give your face a burst of hydration, as the watery texture allows it to soak into skin. This promises to vanish the appearance of fine lines and it will also remove toxins from your skin as well. I think these are ideal for fall and winter months as a night cream, as it leaves a little too much product on your face for day and under makeup. I will hold onto this pot until I go through the others, which shouldn’t be too hard with the driest months around the corner.




NIVEA In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion

$5.49 - 13.5 oz    ($1.10 Value)

This product was introduced to us about a year ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. In the late fall and all the winter months, I have to apply lotion over my entire body after I shower, and not only takes time, but I hate standing naked while it dries. This in shower lotion does the trick in one quick one over, and it actually works better, because this product soaks into skin better. I will say, I still have to apply lotion on my feet and face, but this takes so much time out of my routine. I will be placing this in my shower as soon as the temperature turns. I am so happy to have another sample of this.



Sensodyne ProNamel Strong & Bright Toothpaste

$5.99 - 3 oz    ($1.60 Value)

I was hoping for some travel size toothpaste, because I just ran out with my last trip, and I will need one for a few weeks from now. I have tried Sensodyne before, but never this white and bright version, so I am excited to give it a try. My teeth do get sensitive one in a while, so I like to have this on hand when that happens. Also, I always grab the whitening toothpaste, because I drink so much coffee and they tend to stain, so I am happy to see that in this toothpaste. This will be going straight into my travel toiletries bag for my next trip.




up & up Premium Cotton Rounds

$2.92 - 100 ct    ($0.05 Value)

I think this sample is just overall a little funny. Everyone has used cotton rounds and the packaging is about as much as the product inside. But, that being said, I use a cotton round with my toner every day, and these are already packed for travel or camping. This is a nice little extra, and it will get used, but it doesn’t add anything to the value. At least it is practical, and I know these will get used on my next weekend trip. Plus, this premium cotton round is nicer than what I normally purchase. I may have to switch.




Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box. There aren’t many new discoveries, but there are so many practical items in travel size that will be ideal for traveling. I am in love with that micellar water and in-shower lotion. They are typical additions to my daily routine. I love seeing the full size mascara, and while it isn’t my favorite one I’ve ever tried, it will still get used. That shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste are going to be set aside for travel, and that face lotion will definitely get used on these cooler nights. This month’s box has a value of $16.99. I paid $7 on this box, so that isn’t bad, but it would be nice to see a higher value soon. Hopefully next month.


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, look around the first or last Monday of the month when they tend to go on sale. They sell out quickly, so pick them up when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment