Saturday, January 14, 2017

Adidas Avenue A Winter 2016 Review - Rita Ora

Yea! My second (and the subscription’s fourth) Adidas Avenue A subscription box has arrived for the Winter season. I didn’t know about the box until after their first delivery, and I decided to skip the Fall box due to lack of interest, but I saw the Winter spoiler, which I loved, so I am back. Avenue A is a seasonal subscription box for $150 that delivers at least five Adidas items (three of which will be deluxe) to your door. As far as I’ve seen, they always include a pair of shoes, if not two, and fitness gear specific to the weather. They also throw some accessories in the mix. I was obsessed with the Summer box, so I am excited to get back into the game and see what is in store for me this time.


Each season is curated by a different guest. This month’s curator is Rita Ora!!  I absolutely love her and her style, and this feels extra special because she designs a line for Adidas. To be honest, I really enjoy the line (most of it anyways), but I never wanted to splurge, so here is my chance. I am crossing my fingers for some causal sneakers and possibly a jacket and leggings from her brand. I really don’t like the capri style Avenue A has been delivering with their box, so long ones would be idea. I can’t wait to see!




$110.00

These grey athletic shoes were the spoiler for the month, and the main reason I resubscribed to this box. I’ve been looking for some street athletic shoes to wear to a day at the park, while walking my dog, or running errands, and when I saw these, I thought they were perfect. I am a little less excited about them now they are in hand, but I still like them a lot. They are super light, so if you chose to use these for working out, they won’t weigh you down. Also, the grey and black look classic with blue jeans or to the gym. To be honest, the more I wear them, the more I like them. I will still be wearing these to Sunday brunch, but they will also transition easily into my afternoon workout.




$80.00

I am so freaking excited for another pair of casual shoes in this subscription box, and these classic white sneakers are a pair I’ve been eyeing for a while. I wore my Adidas slides nonstop this summer, but now that the weather has cooled, these sneakers are the perfect fit. I love the classic white and black look, and the gold adds a touch of glam. These fit my style perfectly. I have really tried to not wear these that often, because I don’t want to get them dirty, but it’s been really difficult. I think these are the perfect everyday shoe, since they can be dressed up for work, dressed down with sweats, and really every outfit in between. These are perfect.




$80.00

Like I predicted, an item from Rita Ora’s line was included in the box, but I am not sure if I like it or not. First of all, I love all the detail, and the lion on the back is amazing, but I’m not a fan of bold statements across my chest, and this is a little oversized. I know that is the new trend, but I am still strutting those fitted crew necks that won’t add pounds to my frame. I will say, this is super comfy, and it really is the ideal winter weekend sweatshirt. I can / will definitely wear this while chilling on the couch and cruising through some seasons on Netflix (probably not what Adidas had in mind). I am a little bummed this is the style we received, because I liked so many of her other lines so much more, but this won’t just sit in my closet. Rainy weekends indoors are in my horizon. 




$40.00

Alright, that sweatshirt is growing on my more now that we have a matching pair of leggings in this month’s box. Rita Ora is the princess of matching street wear (Rihanna is the queen, of course), and these two pieces together takes it to a new level. Like the sweatshirt, these have a lot of detail, which make them so much more than your typical leggings. They are super cozy as well, so these can be worn to the gym, on the street, or while lounging at home. So versatile. Also, I was hoping for a pair of long leggings as well, so dreams do come true. To make a style statement, wear them together, or split them up for a less dramatic look. I will probably be pairing these leggings with a simple white T-shirt, but the rest of you subscribers should totally go for the matchy look. 




$50.00

This box has been a little workout heavy than most, so I am happy to see a versatile workout shirt / tank as the last item in this box. This two in one item offers a light and tighter tank with another light but loser shirt to go over top. I really appreciate this style, because sometimes you want to keep it a little lose, while other times you need everything to be tight. I like that these can be separated as well, as I am excited to pair the white top shirt with a colorful sport’s bra. I also think this duo would be ideal for gym to street, as the top shirt is a great layer to throw on if you’re not going straight home. The grey and white colors are a little basic, but they did do a great job of matching this item with the rest of the products. This may just become my favorite top to wear with my new favorite leggings. 



Overall, this is my favorite box yet. The athletic shoes and the classic shoes will be on my feet nonstop, and that top / tank duo is both practical and versatile. I love Rita Ora’s style, and while I am a little disappointed in the line she decided to include, I am growing to like it more and more. Plus, they are super trendy, so I consider them staples in my wardrobe. This month box has a value of $360. I paid $150, so not only is that more than double, but since I really enjoyed everything, I feel like I struck gold. I love this box, but since I don’t need a new pair of shoes four times a year, I may unsubscribe until Summer again. I guess I will have to wait on the spoiler to make my decision.   


If you would like to try Adidas Avenue A for yourself, just click here. It is a little pricey, but well worth the cost. And, it is a great way stock up on workout clothes for that New Year body.

No comments:

Post a Comment