Saturday, January 14, 2017

Birchbox January 2017 Review - Your Greatest Self

Yea! My Birchbox has arrived for the new year, and I am excited to see what new and fresh-start items they have in store for me this time. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers beauty sample (and sometimes full size products), to your door for only $10. They curate the products (hair, makeup, nails, and body) around your profile, so you are bound to find products that you don’t only love, but can’t live without. The value is usually around $30, so you get more than you paid for, but more importantly, you get to try out the best in beauty. Birchbox is one of my favorite subscription boxes, mostly because the products usually fit me perfectly, but also because it is really well done. I can’t wait to see what is in store. 


Each month, the beauty samples are curated around the theme, and they do a really good job making the connection unlike some subscription boxes. This month’s theme is Your Greatest Self. This is the month’s guest curated box, which means all the samples are selected already, and I really don’t like getting these boxes, because I prefer the surprise, but I just can’t help it when I am interested in all the products. The month’s products will help you be the best you. I think this is a great theme for the New Year, since we all have a fresh start and have resolutions to carry out. I bet a lot of revitalization and renewing products will be included.



Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

$20.00 - 3.2 oz    ($6.25 Value)

This is a product that I’ve received and sampled before, and I am more than happy to receive another one to enjoy. Favorited by celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Diane Kruger, this dry shampoo will fight grease, volumize, and cleanse your hair and sculp. I’ve always loved the Klorane brand because of their natural ingredients and great formulas, so it makes since this dry shampoo is one of my favorites. I like how it soaks up grease without leaving a white film or heavy product in your hair. I use dry shampoo every other day, so this will definitely get great use, and these tiny bottles are ideal for traveling as well. This product is the best way to refresh to the greatest you.




Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

$18.00 - 0.07 oz    ($10.29 Value)

Again, this is a product I have tried before, but I am happy to have again, so really I am just restocking! I don’t wear eyeliner that often, so when I do, I want it to work it’s best. That also means I don’t have the most experience, but this applicator makes it hard to screw up. Another thing I love about this product is the way you can create a thin or thick line. Depending on my style and mood, I like to mix it up, and this one eyeliner lets you do it all. While I normally remove this within hours of applying (I’m talking only late night use for me), it claims to last forever without fade. I think this may be my favorite eyeliner I’ve ever tried. Now, I just need to find out if it comes in different colors. Blue is my favorite.




Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

$18.00 - 5 pairs    ($3.60 Value)

I knew the new year would be full of face and eye masks, since they are really the best way to refresh your skin, and I am pretty darn happy I was right. When my skin is looking blah, or my eyes tired, it is great to have at-home products ready to use and turn it all around. These eye pads promise to help fight fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness, while making you appear youthful. I was feeling refreshed after the holiday break, but these last few weeks have really tired me out, and it shows around my eyes, so I am excited to try these out. I don’t know if I have tried this brand before in the past, but I hope it lives up to its promise. I might be using this as soon as right now!



Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil

$32.00 - 180 ml    ($7.11 Value)

Cleansing oil is my favorite new product of 2016, and since it tends to me more expensive than your normal cleanser, I am stocked to receive a deluxe sample in this month’s box. It is a weird concept to clean your face with oil, but by doing this, you really regulate the amount of oil your face creates, and you are therefor left with less oily skin. These cleansers also do a great job tackling makeup and dirt as well. Really, they are the best. Shiseido is a higher end skin brand, so I had high hopes, and they matched them well. The pump is also so easy to use, especially compared to the other bottles I’ve used. Also, it left my face with a beautiful, dewy complexion. I love this product, but of course the price will probably stop me from repurchasing. Why do the best items always cost so much?



Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel

$18.00 - 6 ml    ($12.00 Value)


I am going to be honest, I saw so many products that I’ve tried and liked in this month’s box, so I really chose it to stock back up on these products. This is one of them. Out of all the eyebrow gels I’ve ever tried, this one is my all-time favorite. I like that it dries clear, and not too hard, so you can use it on top of natural eyebrows, but this gel works great to help blend your eyebrow pencil and seal it as well. Also, this sample is pretty deluxe, so you’re getting almost the full size amount of product. That means it will last you forever. I am almost out of my last tube, and I was going to have to purchase more, so this came at the perfect time. Really, really, happy.




This month’s Birchbox was one of my all-time favorites. I absolutely love Every. Single. Product. That dry shampoo, eyeliner, eye pads, cleansing oil, and brow gel, really everything. I will say, it wasn’t that much fun to receive a bunch of products I’ve already tried before, but at least I know I love them, and why not use this box to restock once in a while. I’ll be back to a total surprise next time. This month’s box has a value of $39.25. That is great, and pretty high for Birchbox. To me, that is just the icing on the very delicious cake, that I can no longer eat, because I’m trying to be healthier this year.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try new brands and products, but it is also a fun way to treat yourself at an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment