Saturday, January 14, 2017

Barkbox December 2016 Review - Bark City Chutah

Yea! My dog’s Bark Box has arrived for the month of December, and I am excited to check out all the fun products. I am not opening with my dog this time, since I will be wrapping all these items for under the tree, but I have a feeling he is going to love them all. Bark Box is a monthly subscription box that delivers two toys and three treats to your dog every month for $29 a month. They have reduced rates for longer subscriptions, so I actually only paid $21 for this box. They deliver the cutest toys and the best in treats, so really, you cannot go wrong with this box.


Every month Bark Box curates their items around a theme. They do a really great job of matching their items, and the packaging always has so much detail. This month’s theme is Bark City, Chutah. Just like the famous ski resort, this box will be jam packed of items to warm you up by the fire or to get you ready for that downhill skiing. I love this theme, and I have a feeling that these items are going to be great. I go on a ski trip every winter, but unfortunately the pup stays with his grandparents during this time. At least he will now have some fun on his own with the contents of this box.




$10.00

I cannot believe the cuteness of this toy. Shaped after your classic sheep’s fur boot, this toy is a tough stuff with squeakers, which makes it perfect for tossing and shaking. I like the rope detail as well, so this could be used as a tug toy on the fly. My dog usually destroys the squeakers first, but he’s managed to leave this one in. I am glad, because I hope this toy stays this cute forever. What a great start. 




$6.00 - 5 oz

There is an added touch of luxury at each and every ski resort, so even though I am not indulging in prime rib, my dog will love the opportunity. I thought these would be more meat based by the name, but they look more like your average grain biscuit. I was hoping for something more special, but it looks like the ingredients make this product. My dog seems to really enjoy them though, as he doesn’t shy away from any treat. I like having these treats around, and so does my dog. I’ll be sure to give him a few the next time we sit down to a meat heavy feast.




$12.00

I thought the Ugg boot was cute until I saw this, and really it is the ultimate toy. With fur, squeakers, and my dog’s favorite crinkle sound, this “bear rug” can be played with alone, or with your dog’s favorite human. I am always pleasantly surprised with Bark Box’s designed toys, and this one takes the cake. My dog loves it too. He is so glad “Santa” brought it for Christmas.




$4.00

I normally don’t purchase these type of treats for my dog, because they are usually a little pricey, and I’d rather give him smaller treats a couple times a day. That being said, I am really happy this kind of product was included in this month’s box. Made with only the best products, this bone looks like your T-bone steak, and I bet your dog will think it is just as delicious. I am keeping this for a rainy weekend inside, or for a weekend with the grandparents. I am really happy with this product, and I can even see how it goes along with the theme.




$6.00 - 5 oz

These are the kind of treats that my dog works his butt of with tricks to receive. Hard but chewy, these jerky strips are the perfect small treat for tricks or potty time, and since they are great ingredients, I am more than happy to give my dog a few at a time. Sometimes my dog will stock pile treats, but he won’t ever save these, so he must really like them. I love having these around the house, and while I am not sure how they go with the theme, I’m glad they were included.


Overall, I am really happy with this box. I love the theme and the toys that went perfectly with it, and the treats were all great too. They did a really great job delivering a variety of products. This month’s box has a value of $38. I personally wouldn’t spend that much on five items for my dog, but I definitely would spend $21. These all made a great gift for the pup, and now that he is overwhelmed with new toys and treats, I am not sure what we are going to do with the next delivery.


If you would like to try Bark Box for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on toys and treats for your fur baby, but also make sure he knows he is loved.

1 comment:

  1. My dog gets so excited to open his BarkBox and once I cut the tape, he can actually do it himself now because he's so thrilled. The toys, in my opinion, are THE BEST. I was extremely skeptical because they are stuffed toys and my dog is a toy destroyer. I don't think he's ever had a stuffed toy last longer than a day without getting to the stuffing. But these toys are shockingly resilient and extremely well made.

    ReplyDelete