Friday, January 13, 2017

Sephora Play! December 2016 Review - The Partygoers

Yea! My Sephora Play! subscription box has arrived for the month of December, and I am excited to check out all the new samples. Sephora Play! is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers samples for hair, boxy, nails, and face for only $10. They always deliver six products, with one a fragrance, all products they sell in store. I like this subscription, because they offer a wide variety of products and brands, and it really gives you the opportunity to sample deluxe products at a low cost before you dish out big bucks on the full size item. I am really excited to see what is in store for this holiday box.


This month’s theme is The Partygoers. I think that is a great theme for this month, because they are so many holiday parties to attend, that I am always getting dressed up. Especially with New Year’s Eve wrapping out the month, I tend to do it up more this month than any other. Along with the theme, every box delivers the products in a drawstring bag that goes along with that month. While they are usually white, I appreciate the change in color. This black appears to be more chic, and I love the gold lettering. It says, “Take The Party With Me.” I think this is a great pouch to take with you for those touch ups while you are partying all night long.



Drybar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot

$38.00 - 2 oz    ($9.50 Value)

I didn’t realize that Drybar made their own products, but I guess this hydration shot is a fan favorite. At first, I thought this was a great sized sample, but it really is for only one use. After shampooing and rinsing, use this entire bottle to spray each section of your hair. Rub it in and let it set for five minutes. After rinsing out, you hair will be full of moisture and life with added shine and super soft. Also, it helps support scalp health. I am worried this may weigh my hair down, but I don’t want to use until my hair needs it. I am excited to try it out.





Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

$31.00 - 4 oz    ($3.88 Value)

I’ve tried my fair share of setting sprays in my day, but this one rules them all. By lowering the temperature of you makeup, this product will keep everything in place, even in hot and humid or dry and cold weather. That means it won’t melt, crack, fade, or settle into fine lines. Also, it makes your face appear smoother. I like how light the mist sprays, so it doesn’t feel like you are getting your face wet. Also, it lasts up to 16 hours, which I normally wouldn’t believe, but this has proven it. I love this setting spray, and this does come in handy for those holiday parties where you are out all night. I would not only recommend this to a friend, but I’m considering purchasing the full size product.





Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

$30.00 - 0.2 oz    ($15.00 Value)

I absolutely love receiving mascara samples in my subscription boxes. For one, they are the perfect size to use up before the products goes bad or it starts to clump from too much air circulation. Second, they are always deluxe, so they last a while. And, they are a great way to really sample mascara before purchasing. I expected this mascara to be a little basic, but I am impressed with the quality. It was created to fan out lashes to create volume, but also leaves them appearing longer and thicker. Right now, this is my go to mascara, and I also don’t feel like I need to layer like I do with many other mascaras. This was a great find, and I am really happy I had the chance to experience this product.





Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer

$37.00 - 1 oz    ($5.92 Value)

Another item I absolutely love receiving in subscription boxes are primers. I haven’t found one that I absolutely love, so trying out deluxe samples are perfect. Make Up For Ever is a new brand on my radar this year, so it is perfect to wrap out 2016 with yet another sample. This primer promises to balance skin’s texture and tone for smoother and more even skin. This went on nicely, and I could instantly see an improvement. I personally love how this hydrates and firms my skin, so really it is working overtime. I also appreciate all the options. This can cover dark spots or red skin, or you can choose one based on preferences. I love this sample, and I can see myself purchasing this in the future.





Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Always Red

$14.00 - 0.169 oz    ($3.50 Value)

I am not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks, but this cream stain is like nothing I’ve ever tried. You can layer it on for a more intense and shimmery look, or apply, set, and remove for a true candy kissed stain. I absolutely love that look, because I don’t like overwhelming my lips with color, but much prefer the more subtle look. Also it is super on trend with the up rise of the 90’s style. This is a deluxe sample for sure, and it will last me forever. I love the classic red look for holiday parties as well.  





Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Eau de Parfum

$85.00 - 1.7 oz    ($3.50 Value)

I’m a true 90’s kid, and Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen were my idols. Now that we are all adults, their Elizabeth and James line is one of my top picks. I actually have their classic Day/Night perfume duo, and it is two of my favorite scents. This new addition is a little more sultry and deep with notes of vanilla bourbon, oakwood, and tuberose. I absolutely love this scent, and while I couldn’t picture myself wearing it every single day, this would be ideal for a night to a jazz club or matched with a fur coat. I feel empowered wearing this scent, and I am glad I have this sample to enjoy.




I am really happy with this month’s box. It seems like this month has a true holiday touch, and everything is a little more special than normal. The black bag is great and started it off on the right foot, while the setting spray, mascara, primer, lip stain, and perfume all wrapped it up perfectly. I have yet to try the hydrating hair shot, but I am sure it will make my hair look and feel amazing. I am also really happy how well each of these products fit with the theme. They are all holiday classics to get your parties started. This month’s box has a value of $41.30. That is great for a $10 box, and makes each and every one of these products even more worth it to me. I can’t wait to see what is in store for 2017.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new products at a fraction of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment