Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag January 2017 Review - Metropolis

My Ipsy Glam Bag is here! And, the excitement is real. Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers full size and sample size products for hair, nails, face, and body for only $10. Much like the iconic Birchbox, this one takes the cake for those who want full size products in the mix and prefer their subscription to be makeup heavier. Plus, this one comes with a makeup bag. I really like this subscription, and the value is usually amazing, but I feel like this one doesn’t get me as well as others. Either way, I am excited to see what they have in store for me this time.


Each month Ipsy has a theme, which helps them curate the products and create the makeup bag. The makeup bag is one of my favorite parts, and while I wish I didn’t like them all so much so I could give them away, they are usually really cute. Plus, they are great for traveling or organizing. This month’s theme is “Metropolis.” These products are aimed around the city girl and her busy lifestyle needs. But also, the city girl is always on trend, so I am guessing there will be some trendy products inside. I am hoping for a one swipe eye shadow, some metallic eyeliner, and possibly a do all face cream. Let’s see what’s in store this month.  



Sally's Box Loverecipe AcaiBerry Mask & Loverecipe Aloe Mask

$1.50 each    ($3.00 Value)

I absolutely love receiving sheet masks in my subscription boxes, because they are fun to use, but they also renew your skin in so many ways. These sheet masks are from a brand I’ve already used and enjoyed, but I think these come from their cheaper line. On the plus side, if I like them, they are very affordable to restock. The acai berry mask will leave your skin radiant and replenished, while the aloe mask will cure redness and leave your skin moisturized. I personally like to keep aloe masks for those days I got too much sun, but I will use the acai mask right away. I see a girl’s night in weekend in my future.




Smashbox Cosmetics Camera Ready BB Cream in Light

$39.00 - 1 fl oz    ($9.75 Value)

Smash box is one of those brands that every girl loves, and there is reason behind it. Their products aren’t only high quality, but they tend to work better than the rest. I know that BB cream has been around for a while, but I’ve recently started using and reaping the benefits. This product will moisturize and lightly cover all while protecting your face from the sun. It also adds a glowy complexion without shimmer or shine. I think this cream did a great job of creating a base while covering blemishes, pores, and light wrinkles. It made my makeup last longer as well. I think this is a great product to use alone as well. Sometimes I want light coverage, but still don’t want it to look like I just woke up. Too bad this is a little expensive, because I would buy it over and over again.




Rimmel London Lip Conditioning Balm by Kate Moss

$4.97 - 0.13 oz    (Full Size!)

I’ve purchased lip stick from her line before, but I had no idea she had a lip moisturizer. Unlike most, this is shaped just like a lip stick, so you won’t feel lame applying anywhere, and actually gives your lips a light sheen and color. I wouldn’t use this product for those medicated needs, but this is the ideal everyday moisture. Also, the scent and flavor is nice. I don’t mind tasting it every once in a while. I really don’t need any more chapstick at this time, but I don’t think I have a product like this. I think it will go straight into my purse to have on hand while I out and about. Also, this is a full size product and is worth half the cost of the bag, so that is an added positive.




Pacifica BLUSHIOUS in Wildrose

$12.00 - 0.1 oz    (Full Size!)

Pacifica is one of those middle of the line brands that offer higher quality products at a still affordable price. Personally, I like that their ingredients are all natural, which means they keep you and the environment in mind. Also, their colors are very girly and pastel, which is definitely my personality every once in a while. This blush is in a universally flattering rose, which will look natural on your skin and give your white, winter face some life. This product does go on a lot lighter than the color suggests, which I like, but the shimmer isn’t my favorite. I prefer matte cheeks until the weekend. That’s when I jazz it up a bit. I really like this blush, and it will definitely get some use, but it won’t be my go to color.



theBalm Cosmetics Bahama Mama

$20.00 - 0.25 oz    ($1.60 Value)

theBalm is one of my all-time favorite makeup brands. Their formulas are great, the packaging is the coolest, and their colors are always on trend. The one thing I don’t love, their samples are all quite small. Like, can’t fit a brush in the pot small, which makes me a lot less willing to use up this sample. Besides that, I really like this bronzer. It is a little dark for my pale winter skin, but this will work great for that summer tan. Also, theBalm tends to fix something that other lines were doing wrong, and this time, they took those Trump orange undertones out and put brown tones in. That way, this looks more like a natural tan. Get ready spring breakers!



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. It isn't my all time favorite, but it's pretty high up there. First of all, this makeup bag is so cute. I will be throwing this one in my gym bag for those after workout touchups. Those sheet masks will get used up quickly, and I absolutely love that BB cream and lip moisturizer. The blush and bronzer are both nice, but they also both have their drawbacks. This month's bag has a value of $31.32. That is pretty low for Ipsy, but still great for only paying $10. Plus, I will use all these items, so to me I just got a great discount. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up on new brands and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment