Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sephora Play! January 2017 Review - Ready, Set, Glow

Yea! My Sephora Play! has arrived for the month of January, and I am really excited to see what this month has in store. Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box that delivers six beauty samples (one a perfume) to your door in a specialized drawstring bag for only $10 each. The products are all items sold at Sephora and range in makeup, skin care, nail, hair, and perfume. It took me a while to get on board with this subscription, but after seeing reviews of the products, and the value of the box, I jumped in, and I am hooked. This is a new year and a fresh start, so I am excited to see what is in store to start this year off.

This month’s theme is “Ready, Set, Glow.” I love this theme, and I think it is the perfect way to blend the new year fitness fad with your beauty routine. These products will help your face and skin match that new body after eating right and working out. Also going along with the theme, this drawstring bag is so adorable. They are normally a cotton cloth, but this one is made out of your workout bag fabric, and the other side is mesh. The front of the bag says, “Sweat is just another way to glow.” I think this would be a great bag to fill with those after workout touch up items and throw in with your gym clothes. I am already enjoying this theme, so I hope the products live up to this.




$17.00 - 0.07 oz    ($9.71 Value)

Clinique is such a classic brand, and I love receiving their products in my Sephora box. They seriously remind me of my mother and classic beauty. But, this isn’t your normal Clinique product. This lipstick is a dark berry brown color, and a little shocking at first. It is so dark, and I don’t normally wear such colors, so I was a little bummed. But, then I tried it out, and it goes on much lighter then the tube. Actually, quite a bit lighter, and after building it, it only turns to a medium, cherry red. I am really happy with this product, and this tube is quite large as well. I am throwing this in my purse now. Also, this color is perfect for a fresh start and these winter months.




$32.00 - 2.4 oz    ($6.67 Value)

I have the Ouai curling spray, and it is my all-time favorite hair product. It smells amazing, and gives my hair that perfect touch of waves, and that is from someone who has pin straight hair. This hair mask repairs damaged hair, increases resistance to future damage, and mends split ends. For those who dye their hair, this will help protect color as well. I like to use deep conditioners about once a week, so this fits into my normal beauty routine. Also, it smells like their other products, and this tube will be good enough for a few uses. I think this is a great way to start the new year off fresh, and I can’t wait to try it out.




$22.00 - 1 oz    ($4.84 Value)

I was so confused with this product after first pulling it out of the box, but now that I understand what it does, I am obsessed. This friction stick is a three-in-one facial cleanser, exfoliator, and mask, all in tube form. After wetting skin, drag the stick across your face to release the charcoal product and gently scrub. To use as a mask, simply leave on for ten minutes. This product will fight dullness, uneven texture, oiliness, and dirty pores. I love how fun and easy this is to apply, and it left my skin feeling sparkly clean. I also noticed a real different in the oiliness of my skin as well. I love this product, and will be purchasing more. Fortunately, this sample is quite large, and I will get quite a few uses out of it before I need to restock. 




$56.00 - 4.1 oz    ($4.37 Value)

Farmacy has become a recent fav, as I love their natural ingredients, their packaging, and how well their products work. This antioxidant honey mask helps fight dryness, fine lines, and dullness. My skin is super dry during the winter, so a moisture mask is calling my name. I was surprised by the warming sensation, because I normally don’t feel masks working, but I am happy to know it is. This left my skin glowing and super smooth. Also, it was plump from moisture. I love this product, and while it may be a little too pricey to repurchase, I am glad I was able to try it out. Also, I am glad that this sample stayed true to the full sized product’s packaging. So tiny and so cute.




$60.00 - 1.05 oz    ($5.71 Value)

I’ve received a few of these cushion compacts in the past, and while they are nice to use as a one time sample, I was hoping more for this box. Since only one of these colors will work for me, half of the sample is for me to throw away, which is a bummer. Also, since it isn’t great packaging, the product dried out quickly after opening, and I think the second day use already feels old. Overall, this foundation did do a great job covering my imperfections and blemishes. The color isn’t an exact match, but it wasn’t noticeable. It did leave my skin a little greasy, and I prefer matte finishes, so that was a bit of a turn off. I was hoping more from Sephora, and I’m not too happy about this item, but I guess it was nice to try.




$86.00 - 1.7 oz    ($2.53 Value)

One of the samples each month is a perfume, which I don't mind, since this box delivers one extra sample over the rest. This perfume has notes of pink pepper, rose, orris, and sandalwood. It's very feminine and romantic, and really a scent I would expect for February. I was hoping for more of a fresh scent to renew the year, but I do like this perfume. I think it is perfect for those festive baby / wedding showers, or tea with the ladies. I like this as well, because it doesn't smell old, but I feel very youthful wearing this product. 



Overall, I am really happy with this box. That friction mask, hair mask, and farmacy face mask are all new favorites, and that Clinique lipstick is pretty great as well. I do like the perfume, but this sample will be enough for me, and that cushion compact was a complete bust. I am a little disappointed they included it in this box at all. This month's box has a value of $33.83. I only spent $10 on this box, so that is a pretty good value, and pretty average for this box. I am happy with this, but those $50 value boxes are way more fun. I can't wait to see what next month has in store. 

If you would like to try out Sephora Play!, just click here. It is a great way to sample the best of beauty for a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment