Saturday, January 28, 2017

Popsugar Must Have January 2017 Review

Yea! My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of January, and I am really excited to see what 2017 has in store for me. Popsugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers the best of beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 per box, but if you subscribe for longer lengths, it is quite less expensive. I pay only $29.95, for example. This box is one of my favorites, because they stick to the seasons quite well and deliver great products from all the categories. Also, this box always has a value over $100, so it is really worth the cost. I loved last year’s January box, so I cannot wait to see what they have in store for me this time around.


Popsugar Must Have doesn’t have a theme, but instead words of inspiration. This month’s words are New, Fresh, Detox, Motivation, Healthy, and Revitalize. I love the new year, because it is all about starting fresh, and being a better you. But, it is also about relaxing after the holidays, and taking weekends for yourself to pamper and revamp. I love these inspirational words, and they are leading up to a great box. I am hoping for a workout item, since it’s been a while before we received one, and possibly some at home spa products. A calendar is always nice in the new year as well. I am hoping for a real detox food item as well.



Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel Multi Acid Resurfacing Peel

$85.00 - 1.7 fl oz

I am really excited to see a peel in this month’s subscription box, and this product already covers the cost of the box, twice. This highly rated face peel promises to exfoliate while reducing the appearance of fine lines, pores, and skin imperfections. It will also clear your face of dead skin, which will make your appearance brighter and more rejuvenated. It is made with natural ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to use. I used this once, and I was surprised at how great my skin looked and felt. Also, it had a cooling effect, which made me feel even more refreshed. I love this peel, and this huge bottle will last me forever. I think I will be doing this once a week in hopes of more beautiful skin. What a great start to this box.




May Designs 2017 Desk Calendar & Notecards

$25.00

I was hoping for a calendar, and this one is perfect. Each month is a different design and color, so it will be fun to switch it up, but it is modern and simple enough to go with many different styles. While some month’s don’t fit perfectly with my personal style, I know the next month will (March, September, come on!!). Another fun addition, after the month is over, these can be cut in half and used as notes or note cards. I think this adds the perfect amount of brightness to my desk, and it really keeps me organized, two things that are musts in my life. They are versatile as well. I considered hanging these with push pins on my wall at work. Therefore, you can see every month at once. That would be idea for the person without a lot of desk space.




Daily Concepts Your Hair Wrap Towel

$18.00 

Two of the inspirational words are “fresh” and “revitalize,” but I didn’t realize that we would be getting an actual shower product. This hair wrap towel is super soft, and it’s fabric will help your hair dry faster. After tossing your hair inside, and pulling up over your head, and fastening the loop to the button. This will keep it in place until it’s time to get it into shape. This isn’t a product I would normally use, as I don’t like to keep it up in a towel for long, but I could see this working great for hair treatments or with a product you’d like to sleep in. I will keep this in the bathroom, though, and who knows, I may love it. It is something I don’t have at least.



Manduka eQua Mat Towel in Playa

$38.00

I had a feeling we would be receiving a workout related product, and this mat towel is the perfect accessory. This absorbent, quick-drying, and slip-resistant towel goes on top of your mat to hold you in place, and to keep your mat clean while working those muscles. I didn’t know I needed this product until I had it. The towel is quite grippy, and I was shocked at how well it stuck to my mat. Also, I feel like my sweat made it work better. I have slipped while just using a mat a few times, and it doesn’t always feel good. This will prevent any further damage. I will say, I don’t like how I stretch it out while my feet and hands are both on the mat, but it won’t stay perfect forever. Also, this blue is super calming. It just makes yoga work for me that much more.




Sourcebooks, Inc Instant Happy Notes

$8.99

2016 was a rough year for many of us, and I am hoping 2017 will be much better, but we all need a pick me up every once in a while, and these instant happy sticky notes will bring a smile to anyone’s face. I like the wide range of quotes, sayings, and motivational words, so these can fit any occasion. There is even one for your true love. I don’t care for the perforated top, though. They look sloppy when you remove these from the stack, which is not what I want my happy note to do. I will keep these at work and pass them out when I know a coworker is in need. These would also be fun to stick in your kid’s lunches or maybe your husband’s wallet. Just a cute surprise.




Dean & Deluca Peppermint Loose Leaf Tea

$10.75 - 1.75 oz

Finally, Popsugar didn’t include a sugar-loaded food item, and instead when for a healthy route. This aromatic peppermint tea will help you wind down after a long day with soothing and refreshing menthol flavor. Also, it will help aid digestive benefits, so it will help cleanse your body. I think this is the ideal after dinner tea, which is the ideal time to aid your stomach but also wind down. Peppermint tea also helps with acne, and I drink it Every. Single. Day. so this will just restock what I already have. This tea item may be annoying to those who don’t have a tool for loose herbs, but it will be a fun excuse to go out and buy a cute one. I love this item, and I have a feeling a few tea drinkers are going to like this as well.




Glade N*3 Free Candle in Coconut and Beach Woods

$4.99 - 4.2 oz

This “Special Extra” candle is made from your household brand Glade, and is quite impressive for the price. It smells fresh with coconut, ocean, and woods notes, so that works for this month, but it may be just a little too summery for me during this time of year. But, for those of you craving the sun, this may just bring you out of your funk. I am really impressed with the soy burning wax, and the jar doesn’t even note the Glade brand, so none of your friends have to know it only cost $5. I really like this special extra, and it makes me think differently about the brand. This will be the perfect addition to my relaxing January.





Overall, this month’s box is nice. Last year, January was one of my favorites of all time, so I had high hopes. I’m in love with the peel, and that mat towel is nice as well. I will definitely get good use out of the calendar, and that tea will make me feel great. I am also quite pleased with the candle, but I will put it away until summer. The hair towel and the happy notes aren’t something that I would normally use, but they will be fun to work into my routine. Everything was nice, but nothing was exciting, except the peel that is. This box has a value of $190.73, which is absolutely crazy, since I only spent $30 on these items. Personally, I wouldn’t have purchased all of them on my own, but this makes up for my favorite items by a long shot. I can’t wait to see what next month’s box has in store for me.


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself with the best of pop culture, every single month.

No comments:

Post a Comment