Friday, January 20, 2017

BoxyCharm January 2017 Review - And The Charm Award Goes To...

Yeah! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of January, and since it is one of my favorite boxes, I cannot wait to dig inside. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four (but usually five) full size beauty products to your door for only $21. The products range from hair, skin, face, and nails, and the value is usually over $100, so it has a lot going for it. I love the variety BoxyCharm delivers, and have found some new beauty favorites over the years, so each month is a fun discovery. Let’s see what BoxyCharm has in store for me this month.


To help curate the products, BoxyCharm has a monthly theme. This month’s theme is “And The Beauty Charm Award Goes To . . .” Award season is in full swing, and it is actually one of my favorite times of the year. These products will get us glammed up for those award parties, whether it be to an actual after party, or just your friends viewing party. I will be doing the later, so I hope there are some products for those stay at home nights as well. TV nights are one of my favorite parts of this month, so it will be nice to receive at home spa products as well (fingers crossed for sheet masks). Let’s see what is inside.  



Vintage Illuminating Face Highlighter Set

$35.00 - 0.47 oz

Highlighting is all the rage lately, and since we are no longer bronze, icy highlights work perfectly with the winter season. This duo is complete with a blushy rose and a purple ice to get a multi dimensional look. The rose would look great as a highlighter on darker skin, but since I am so light, this will be the perfect blush. Especially during this season. The purple shade could work as a bronzer or highlighter as well, depending on your skin tone. I appreciate that this duo can be dressed up or down, and it delivers so many options. Also, the packaging is the perfect icing on the cake. This is a great start to this month’s box, and I can’t wait to play with these for my next night out. With all the winter award parties, it will be soon.




PUR Mineral Glow Bronzing Powder

$25.00 - 0.35 oz

After all that talk about bronzer not working this time of year, I am a little disappointed to see one in this box. I do like this brand, though, and the bronzer thinks about the user with its pigmentation and brown undertones. Also, this compact is huge. I feel like I will never run out of bronzer again. This may be great for some of the Charmers out there, but my skin is way too pale until summer hits. I will probably just hold onto this until then. It will be a fun surprise to pull out of my drawer once the weather heats up. Until then, I will be a little sad at BoxyCharm for thinking we need this product at this moment. Especially with a highlighter duo in the same box.




gorge* I'll make your face radiant Konjac Sponge

$16.00 

While I have heard of this brand before, this item is something I’ve never seen or heard of before, but I’m really intrigued. This sponge starts hard, but softens instantly with water and can be used with or without cleanser to exfoliate, remove makeup, and cleaning skin. To me, it would be a little wear to use water alone, so I will definitely be using a cleanser, but it is nice to have that option. The exfoliating properties will smooth skin, while removing dry flakes and leaving a glowing appearance. It is ideal for sensitive skin as well. I think this is the ideal sponge to use as an exfoliator this time of year, since our skin is already sensitive to the winter environment, and we don’t want to irritate it anymore, but we still want it to glow. I am excited to try out this sponge, and hope it lives up to its promises.




So Susan Cosmetics Fan Brush

$18.95

What would a highlight / bronzer heavy box be without a brush to apply your new products. This fan brush from So Susan smoothes over those lines to place your bronzer or highlighter perfectly. I like that it allows you to go thin or thick, depending on how and where you like to place, and I could see this being ideal for cheek bones and nose lines placement. Besides the few stray strands, this brush is pretty high quality as well, and to me, the perfect size. Also, this isn’t a brush I already have in my collection, and I am really happy this isn’t yet another smudge brush. I am excited to try this baby out.




English Laundry Pour Femme Deluxe Roller Ball Perfume

$25.00 - 0.2 fl oz

Unlike every other subscription box ever, BoxyCharm actually delivers full size perfume products, which is great, since you get more than a few uses out of the bottle, and if it isn’t the ideal scent for you, they are perfect for gifting. Something you wouldn’t do with a cardboard sample. This English Landry perfume is the girly cousin to the original with notes of rose geranium, woody spicy, and musk. It reminds me of a day in English gardens, and I would ideally wear this while binging Downton Abbey with my friends. It may be a little too feminine for me to gravitate towards all the time, but I will still put it on every once in a while. Unfortunately, this isn’t the best scent for me, but I am still excited about receiving this in this month’s box.



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month’s box. I like the theme, but unlike some, I will not be participating in any of the glam festivities. Also, while I do like the highlighter duo, bronzer, and fan brush separately, it was a bit too much at once. I’d much prefer a wider variety to a product heavy box. I am really excited about that sponge, and the perfume will be nice for the spring. This month’s box has a value of $119.95. I only spent $21 on this box, so I am really happy with that amount. Also, I have no idea how they do it. Even with a middle of the road box, I am still excited about all these items, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for me next month.


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new product and brands at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment